There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***UEFA EURO 2012*** SPAIN BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONS!!

• Garcia
  • Veteran
Good D.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Yes!!! Gomez scores
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
That was a good goal.
Disappointing.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Germany needs to get another one here
Boring first half but this has been an amazing 2nd half, Neur has been tremendous
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erha:
Boring first half but this has been an amazing 2nd half, Neur has been tremendous

All Portugal games lately have been super boring till they fall behind
I have nothing against Portugal but this team is very very weak. Ronaldo is great but they struggle to get him the ball and when he makes a great play to get them in good position they blow it. Other then Ronaldo they look terrible.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Fuuuuuu

Not ONE ounce of luck! The fair result would have been a draw. My whole fam came after the grad party and we have been drinking...gonna drink a lol more now.

Fackkkkkkk
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erha:
I have nothing against Portugal but this team is very very weak. Ronaldo is great but they struggle to get him the ball and when he makes a great play to get them in good position they blow it. Other then Ronaldo they look terrible.

Their defense is pretty damn good. They defend too much...that's their problem. They have a decent attack, but Nani is very over-rated.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Their defense is pretty damn good. They defend too much...that's their problem. They have a decent attack, but Nani is very over-rated.

Defense had a good game today I agree but that's cause they played the Chelsea backs to the wall style, Portugal gave up the most goals in qualifying for the euros according to the announcers today. They did struggle to get in the tournament. Like I said Ronaldo is great but without him Portugal is not a soccer power.

The Germans missed a lot of opportunities today, and weren't as creative as they usually are. Scary thing is, this might be the best defensive German team in a long time. Hummels is a big upgrade over mertasaker, badstuber is coming into his own as is boatang, and lahm is great. Would like to see Mario grotze replace muller on the wing, Id love the combo of ozil and grotze making runs and setting up podolski and Gomez/Klose
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Just rewatched the match since I only caught the second half. Definitely deserved a draw.

Fabio was our best player.

If anyone but Pepe got that ball off that corner they'd probably would've scored. Unlucky.

The Varela chance was also very unlucky. He shot it right at Neuer though.. Should've done better. But I was pleasantly surprised with Varela as he wasn't as big a figure at Porto this year due to injury.

Joao Pereira was brutal. Pepe was in Gomez' hip pocket all game....but fell asleep on the goal.

We are missing creativity in the mid field. Years past it wasn't no where near a issue with world class players playing the #10. Rui Costa and Deco. We are missing Danny badly. He is the best attacking mid fielder that we have but he had torn his ACL back in February.

We were missing Nani in the WC...Now Danny in this years Euro. Haven't been full strength in a bit. No need to panick yet, from what I saw today we have more than enough quality to make it past the group stages. Bento need to not play so conservative. Also needs to have Nelson starting. Postiga was bleh.
forza italia! I'm banking on Italy to take the whole thing because this Italy team is once again built around Juventus players. I think they will beat Spain tomorrow as well. Pirlo will show Xavi who is the best deep lying playmaker in the world.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 1251alex:
forza italia! I'm banking on Italy to take the whole thing because this Italy team is once again built around Juventus players. I think they will beat Spain tomorrow as well. Pirlo will show Xavi who is the best deep lying playmaker in the world.

Spain >>> Italy and I won't even compare Xavi and Pirlo. Spain may have a mid-fielder better than Pirlo sitting on the bench. Italy will defend with 10 guys and hope for the best.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by 1251alex:

Spain >>> Italy and I won't even compare Xavi and Pirlo. Spain may have a mid-fielder better than Pirlo sitting on the bench. Italy will defend with 10 guys and hope for the best.

They'll be lucky to make it out of the group.
Originally posted by NickV:
Just rewatched the match since I only caught the second half. Definitely deserved a draw.

Fabio was our best player.

If anyone but Pepe got that ball off that corner they'd probably would've scored. Unlucky.

The Varela chance was also very unlucky. He shot it right at Neuer though.. Should've done better. But I was pleasantly surprised with Varela as he wasn't as big a figure at Porto this year due to injury.

Joao Pereira was brutal. Pepe was in Gomez' hip pocket all game....but fell asleep on the goal.

We are missing creativity in the mid field. Years past it wasn't no where near a issue with world class players playing the #10. Rui Costa and Deco. We are missing Danny badly. He is the best attacking mid fielder that we have but he had torn his ACL back in February.

We were missing Nani in the WC...Now Danny in this years Euro. Haven't been full strength in a bit. No need to panick yet, from what I saw today we have more than enough quality to make it past the group stages. Bento need to not play so conservative. Also needs to have Nelson starting. Postiga was bleh.

A draw would have been ok when you consider only the 2nd half. In the 1st half, Portugal did absolutely nothing except the big one right before the half. It was around 70% possession for germany. I really don't think that this style of play should be rewarded. I was schocked when Chelsea won the CL with this style of play and the way the 2 games against barca and the final against Munich went and i really don't think that anybody should win anything without even trying to play football and only trying to destroy the opponents game.