There are 241 users in the forums

***UEFA EURO 2012*** SPAIN BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONS!!

• NickV
  • Veteran
2012 Champions!

June 8th - July 1st

Current title holders

Spain

____

Ok ok we had the Copa America and Gold Cup last year...but now its the big boys turn

First international friendly's for all nations start this Saturday 5/26/12
[ Edited by NickV on Jul 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
My bet is on Spain winning 2nd in a row...way too much talent even with Villa out and Torres sitting on the bench.

I'll be in Warsaw on June 28 and in Krakow from 29 to July3rd

[ Edited by MILFS on Jun 12, 2012 at 9:14 AM ]
The time of Germany has arrived. Incredible talented offense, defense a bit shaky though.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I hope England wins....
and then Portugal.

But most likely it's gonna be Spain.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:
The time of Germany has arrived. Incredible talented offense, defense a bit shaky though.

Only if Michael Ballack comes back to score 15 goals.
For everyone who's going to travel to Poland or Ukraine I advice EURO Travel Guide 2012.
It is a free catalogue of football championship EURO 2012, providing information necessary to visit the championship. The application contains a calendar of matches with which you can easily and conveniently track games, results of games within groups, Also there is a possibility to update the information about already played matches. The application includes a detailed review of the participating cities, their sights and the most interesting facts about them. By viewing the teams profiles one may find general information about the teams, tournament statistics and other useful information. Also there are photos detailing the stadiums hosting the tournament.
It is possible to book tickets for matches and hotels in the cities hosting the tournament.

The app is available here: http://safe-session.com/guide-application
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MrOrange:
Barely any talk about the Euros? Come on, guys.....NickV? Is Portugal getting out of Group B?

Eh, they have been far from convincing in their warm up matches against macedonia and turkey. Our defense looks pretty suspect and our offense is creating chances but not burying the goals.

But since euro 2000 they seem to step it up when the games matter.

I think we can take a loss against germany but we need to get a result against the dutch and the danes. I'm hoping nelson oliviera starts as striker because postiga and almeida and average at best.
Originally posted by NickV:
Barely any talk about the Euros? Come on, guys.....NickV? Is Portugal getting out of Group B?

Eh, they have been far from convincing in their warm up matches against macedonia and turkey. Our defense looks pretty suspect and our offense is creating chances but not burying the goals.

I think we can take a loss against germany but we need to get a result against the dutch and the danes. I'm hoping nelson oliviera starts as striker because postiga and almeida and average at best.

are you going to take time off of work to watch?

I will next wednesday....I couldn't miss the Netherlands/Germany match.
  • NickV
  • Veteran

are you going to take time off of work to watch?

I will next wednesday....I couldn't miss the Netherlands/Germany match.

If memory serves me correctly every Portugal game falls on the weekend, but id have to double check. If one does fall on a work day I will for sure take a couple hours off to watch a game.

These tourneys only come around every 4 years!

Netherlands vs germany is gonna be a awesome game. Wonder if robben will actually show up and not disappear in a major game now.

• NickV
  • Veteran
We may be in the group of death but we will over come this and FINALLY WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

FORCA PORTUGAL!!
i know my boys from poland wont win the whole tourney, but this is there chance to do some damage, they didnt have to qualify, they're at home, and arguably in one of the eaiser groups i've ever seen at a euro. go POLSKA
If memory serves me correctly every Portugal game falls on the weekend, but id have to double check. If one does fall on a work day I will for sure take a couple hours off to watch a game.

These tourneys only come around every 4 years!

Netherlands vs germany is gonna be a awesome game. Wonder if robben will actually show up and not disappear in a major game now.

All group games fall on the same day, I believe the Portugal/Denmark game next week is on wednesday at 12pm ET.

I think Germany is the only real lock of the group to go through. The Netherlands should, but Denmark and Portugal are capable of taking points via a win/tie. I've read some articles saying that this is the toughest group EVER in an international tournament. All 4 teams are in the FIFA top 10....thats crazy.
Anyone wanna predict the group games for me? I'm doing a tourney thing with some friends but I.. I'm not too familiar with the teams. I just need to place 8th to move on to the next stage where random teams are assigned in the knock off stage.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
We may be in the group of death but we will over come this and FINALLY WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

FORCA PORTUGAL!!

FORCA PORTUGAL!! x2
Share 49ersWebzone