LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 325 users in the forums

***UEFA EURO 2012*** SPAIN BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONS!!

Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
forza italia! I'm banking on Italy to take the whole thing because this Italy team is once again built around Juventus players. I think they will beat Spain tomorrow as well. Pirlo will show Xavi who is the best deep lying playmaker in the world.

Spain >>> Italy and I won't even compare Xavi and Pirlo. Spain may have a mid-fielder better than Pirlo sitting on the bench. Italy will defend with 10 guys and hope for the best.

They'll be lucky to make it out of the group.

This

Italy will defend all day long like they always do. They may make it out of the group but not much farther. Snooze fest tmrw lol
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I thought Portugal played well enough to win.
I didn't see Germany with as many close chances as Portugal.
Frustrating.
Spain >>> Italy and I won't even compare Xavi and Pirlo. Spain may have a mid-fielder better than Pirlo sitting on the bench. Italy will defend with 10 guys and hope for the best.

lol. this is probably the most ignorant opinion ive ever heard. no offense.

statistical representation of europe's best deep lying playmakers in 2011/12:
[ Edited by 1251alex on Jun 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM ]
watching from a stream. I love how these announcers say "Italy will be very happy with this halftime result." LOL. Italy is a bigger team than Spain d******d.. This isn't 2010 Italy that was formed from a weak Juve. this is 2012 Italy with a base off of a once again strong Juventus. A Juventus which went undefeated and won Serie A.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 1251alex:
lol. this is probably the most ignorant opinion ive ever heard. no offense.

statistical representation of europe's best deep lying playmakers in 2011/12:

Lol first you call me ignorant and then say no offense. WTF? That makes as much sense as those stats. No unbiased person will ever rate Pirlo over Xavi or Iniesta. Xavi plays with Iniesta, Busquets, and Iniesta in the mid-field, and in a tiki-taka offense which relies on short passes. Again, you called me ignorant? Spain's midfield consist of the top 2 mid-fielders in the game today, and Pirlo isn't close.

Anyway...back to the game - Italy played a great first half. That's the best they can possibly play. It will be nice if Spain inserts a f**king scorer. Playing with 6 mid-fielders and Fab is playing like crap. Take him out and put in Mata or Torres or someone who can shoot.
Lol first you call me ignorant and then say no offense. WTF? That makes as much sense as those stats. No unbiased person will ever rate Pirlo over Xavi or Iniesta. Xavi plays with Iniesta, Busquets, and Iniesta in the mid-field, and in a tiki-taka offense which relies on short passes. Again, you called me ignorant? Spain's midfield consist of the top 2 mid-fielders in the game today, and Pirlo isn't close.

Anyway...back to the game - Italy played a great first half. That's the best they can possibly play. It will be nice if Spain inserts a f**king scorer. Playing with 6 mid-fielders and Fab is playing like crap. Take him out and put in Mata or Torres or someone who can shoot.

Pirlo and Xavi are both deep lying playmakers. LOL. Pirlo plays in a more defensive league yet his stats are still better than Xavis. How many Juve games did you watch this season? And why would I compare Pirlo to Iniesta when their positions are different. Pirlo is a regista, who plays alongside Claudio Marchisio and Arturo Vidal, which is arguably one of the strongest midfields in Europe and you will see for yourself this upcoming season. You obviously didn't watch Juve at all because they also play a possession based style, with lots of short passes and team pressing. Pirlo is the best midfielder of the last 10 years, comments like "Pirlo isn't close." just makes you come off as ignorant in my book. Get off of Barca's dick bro. Ask Xavi if Pirlo is close. He'll probably tell you Pirlo is better.

and heres the full article since the stats were really difficult to understand:
http://www.just-football.com/2012/06/xavi-pirlo-modric-tactical-statistical-analysis-deep-lying-playmaker/
[ Edited by 1251alex on Jun 10, 2012 at 10:13 AM ]
omg!!! thats the best Italy can possibly play!! 1-0. and would you look at that beauty of a pass by none other than the master, Andrea Pirlo. Xavi taking notes.
[ Edited by 1251alex on Jun 10, 2012 at 10:17 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I watched about 14-15 Juve games. I just blasted Fab and I'm on Barca's dick? Don't be an idiot.
That's more like it ;D
1-1!!! wooo! we're in for a badass match!

• 4ML
  • Veteran
There you go!!!! 1-1 OVER-RATED ITALIAN DEFESE!!! Let's GOOO
@ 1251alex - In all fairness to 49ersMyLife, IMO, Barca is BadAss ...
I do admit, I'm partial to La Liga, over Serie A.
I watched about 14-15 Juve games. I just blasted Fab and I'm on Barca's dick? Don't be an idiot.

thats all you got out of my response, good job.

but anyways, obviously youre a huge Barca fan, and I, a huge Juventino, so this debate will get nowhere.
There you go!!!! 1-1 OVER-RATED ITALIAN DEFESE!!! Let's GOOO

huh? probably the best in Europe historically. how is that overrated?
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
@ 1251alex - In all fairness to 49ersMyLife, IMO, Barca is BadAss ...
I do admit, I'm partial to La Liga, over Serie A.

I understand bro, my favorite league is Serie A so theres that.
Share 49ersWebzone