LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

***UEFA EURO 2012*** SPAIN BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONS!!

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Help me out, here. How the hell is Russia in the Euro cup? Isn't Russia in Asia, or did they change that, like Pluto not being a planet anymore?

I thought they were always considered part of Europe...but I could be wrong.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jun 8, 2012 at 2:06 PM ]
Help me out, here. How the hell is Russia in the Euro cup? Isn't Russia in Asia, or did they change that, like Pluto not being a planet anymore?

I won't even get into geographical discussions because those just hurt in this forum, but Russia has been a part of UEFA since 1954
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

I thought they were always considered part of Europe...but I could be wrong.

Well there definitely are areas of Russia that are close to Europe, but the majority of it is in Asia. Like the parts next to china and the Bering Sea.
Originally posted by vrabbit:

I won't even get into geographical discussions because those just hurt in this forum, but Russia has been a part of UEFA since 1954

Ok. That makes sense if they've always been in it. I was thinking more of a continental thing, but they probably consider themselves euro because Moscow and st Pete are on the European border.
Originally posted by vrabbit:

Ok. That makes sense if they've always been in it. I was thinking more of a continental thing, but they probably consider themselves euro because Moscow and st Pete are on the European border.

At 17,075,400 square kilometres (6,592,800 sq mi), Russia is the largest country in the world, covering more than one eighth of the Earth's inhabited land area. Russia is also the eighth most populous nation with 143 million people.[9] It extends across the whole of northern Asia and 40% of Europe, spanning nine time zones and incorporating a wide range ofenvironments and landforms.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasia
Well there you go.

And jesus, 40% of Europe?!
The bigger question is.......

why is ISRAEL in UEFA????
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
The bigger question is.......

why is ISRAEL in UEFA????

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Well there you go.

And jesus, 40% of Europe?!

Wow...and that's after the collapse of communism...subsequently forming several countries from the old Soviet. Russia should be it's own f**king continent.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jun 9, 2012 at 1:41 AM ]

• NickV
  • Veteran
My cousin graduates from Cal Poly today. Graduation starts at 9:30. Hoepfully it ends before the Portugal game starts :P.

I got the game recording at home, so if I don't watch it live, I'm gonna wait till I get home to watch it.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Almost equalized it - Robben's shot hit the woodwork
Big upset, funny in groups like this it seems like the one team that can't go through ends up going through, IMO it will be Germany and Denmark going through
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Should be 1 - 0 portugal

so damn close. inches
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
As a Barca fan, it's hard to root for anyone in Portugal vs. Germany match - too many Real Madrid players on both teams
Share 49ersWebzone