There are 185 users in the forums

NEW YORK YANKEES REGULAR SEASON THREAD

Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
Originally posted by ninerfaninLA:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Yankees 'Love' Idea Of Signing Manny

SI.com - The Yankees reportedly 'love' the idea of bringing Manny Ramirez to New York.

They are on the peripheries of the Mark Teixiera negotiations and if he returns to the Angels, then Ramirez's potential asking price goes down in their eyes.

Link

The Red Sox and Rays are f**king toast.

Let's sign Teixiera AND Manny.

If Teixeira goes to Boston then Manny will likely drop his price because he'll mainly be a DH and he'd want to kill Boston all year long.

Manny isnt going to drop his price for the Yankees when he knows they are idiots when it comes to money and will overpay any top FA. If Tex does go to Boston the Streinbrenners will panic and pay whatever it takes. Im guessing 3 years 90 million would be about right.

Must suck being a fan of the Nats?

Actually I am a Giants fan. What I am not is a fan of a system where it is such a huge advantage for a couple of teams based upon their geography and population.
Baseball needs to implement a salary cap with a minimum level that all teams must spend and a maximum amount as well.

I believe you call yourself a 49er fan. What would you think if there was no salary cap in football and the Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Jones could simply go buy every top FA that came out every year. I'm guessing you would think that wasnt right.

Quit being such a Yankee homer and think logically about what is best for the game of baseball.

SI.com - The Yankees reportedly 'love' the idea of bringing Manny Ramirez to New York.

They are on the peripheries of the Mark Teixiera negotiations and if he returns to the Angels, then Ramirez's potential asking price goes down in their eyes.

Link

If Teixeira goes to Boston then Manny will likely drop his price because he'll mainly be a DH and he'd want to kill Boston all year long.

Manny isnt going to drop his price for the Yankees when he knows they are idiots when it comes to money and will overpay any top FA. If Tex does go to Boston the Streinbrenners will panic and pay whatever it takes. Im guessing 3 years 90 million would be about right.

Actually I am a Giants fan. What I am not is a fan of a system where it is such a huge advantage for a couple of teams based upon their geography and population.
Baseball needs to implement a salary cap with a minimum level that all teams must spend and a maximum amount as well.

I believe you call yourself a 49er fan. What would you think if there was no salary cap in football and the Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Jones could simply go buy every top FA that came out every year. I'm guessing you would think that wasnt right.

Quit being such a Yankee homer and think logically about what is best for the game of baseball.

I wouldn't get p**sed off at the Cowboys for doing that, I'd be p**sed off at the league. Why people get angry with the Yankees for operating within the confines (or lack thereof) of the system is beyond me.

Link

I wouldn't get p**sed off at the Cowboys for doing that, I'd be p**sed off at the league. Why people get angry with the Yankees for operating within the confines (or lack thereof) of the system is beyond me.

No one said it is illegal or not within the system. Of course it isnt illegal.. What is upsetting is that baseball has allowed this and has created a league of a very few haves and many have nots. I also do not like the fact that the Yankees can spend 1/4 of a billion dollars on 2 pitchers and then ask the city of New York for hand outs to help fund their stadium. People just want to think that the reason a team wins is not simply that they can overpay everyone

[ Edited by ninerfaninLA on Dec 16, 2008 at 19:52:02 ]
  • obx49
  • Veteran

Link

No one said it is illegal or not within the system. Of course it isnt illegal.. What is upsetting is that baseball has allowed this and has created a league of a very few haves and many have nots. I also do not like the fact that the Yankees can spend 1/4 of a billion dollars on 2 pitchers and then ask the city of New York for hand outs to help fund their stadium. People just want to think that the reason a team wins is not simply that they can overpay everyone

Haterade....
Originally posted by obx49:

Link

Haterade....

Another brillant comment by a Yankee fan
How's this taste?

Yankees Split On Signing Manny?

New York Daily News - The Yankees are rumored to be seriously interested in Manny Ramirez, but the team's front office is reportedly split on the idea.

Hank and Hal Steinbrenner are adamant about wanting to add Ramirez to their lineup, believing that he is the perfect complement to Alex Rodriguez.

However, general manager Brian Cashman is just "lukewarm" to the idea of signing the left fielder.

Regardless, the Yankees could offer Ramirez a three-year deal worth between $22 and $25 million per year.

Link

Link

So basically, you're upset with the system, and somehow translate that to being upset with the Yankees for operating within that system.

Link

Quit being such a Yankee homer and think logically about what is best for the game of baseball.[/quote]

Kudos!!!

And honestly, are there any Spanks fan that knows how to think logically? I think now.
Originally posted by srcasm76:
And honestly, are there any Spanks fan that knows how to think logically? I think now.

Salutations! Fan of Yankees are too expensively spender craziness!

Sincerely,

Retarded Yoda
Yankee fans are used to winning. Losing is not acceptable like it may be to some of your teams. Losing is not allowed, we will do whatever it takes to win year after year. That's how we do it. If you don't like it, f**k it, go lose some more.

Yankee fans are used to winning. Losing is not acceptable like it may be to some of your teams. Losing is not allowed, we will do whatever it takes to win year after year. That's how we do it. If you don't like it, f**k it, go lose some more.

Anyone who makes a post like this must already be used to being a loser.

You don't make any sense bro. Nice try. Now go hate on a team that doesn't have 26 championships....loser.

[ Edited by Watchutalkinbout on Dec 17, 2008 at 11:41:41 ]

You don't make any sense bro. Nice try. Now go hate on a team that doesn't have 26 championships....loser.

Anyone can root for a team that spends a zillion dollars and cant help but be near the top. You keep rooting for your Yanks. I, however, will keep rooting for the team that I grew up with. I wont be a bandwagon fan like I'm sure you are. Giants, Warriors, Niners... even though in live in LA now. Painful yes.. but I will always stick with my teams.

If someone makes a comment about the inequities of baseball your comeback is... if you dont like it.. fk it.. Try being a bit more articulate. At least some of the other Yankee posters can make an argument in a somewhat intelligent manner.

Anyone can root for a team that spends a zillion dollars and cant help but be near the top. You keep rooting for your Yanks. I, however, will keep rooting for the team that I grew up with. I wont be a bandwagon fan like I'm sure you are. Giants, Warriors, Niners... even though in live in LA now. Painful yes.. but I will always stick with my teams.

If someone makes a comment about the inequities of baseball your comeback is... if you dont like it.. fk it.. Try being a bit more articulate. At least some of the other Yankee posters can make an argument in a somewhat intelligent manner.

I'm from Jersey, I ain't no f**king bandwagon fan. Born and raised a Yankee fan. Don't tell me I'm a bandwagon fan. Yankee fans have the right to be cocky....26 CHAMPIONSHIPS! I feel like we can make the World Series every damn year and this coming season, we'll have 27. Get used to it buddy. Yankee baseball!

I'm from Jersey, I ain't no f**king bandwagon fan. Born and raised a Yankee fan. Don't tell me I'm a bandwagon fan. Yankee fans have the right to be cocky....26 CHAMPIONSHIPS! I feel like we can make the World Series every damn year and this coming season, we'll have 27. Get used to it buddy. Yankee baseball!

LOL... I should have known. You do have that East Coast obnoxious thing going.
Well.. good luck to your Yankees. Perhaps they all their high priced superstars wont gag again this year.
Share 49ersWebzone