LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 176 users in the forums

NEW YORK YANKEES REGULAR SEASON THREAD

^^^
  • Brew
  • Veteran
the steinbrenners s**t money out of their ass or something?
Originally posted by qnbrew88:
the steinbrenners s**t money out of their ass or something?

No they just spend all their money on players and then beg for taxpayer money for their stadium.

Yankees and Mets ask for public money to pay for stadiums
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
It's great that we're solidifying our pitching staff, but we need another bat. I'm not exactly doing backflips over...

1) Johnny Damon LF
2) Derek Jeter SS
3) Alex Rodriguez 3B
4) Xavier Nady RF
5) Jorge Posada C
6) Hideki Matsui DH
7) Robinson Cano 2b
8) Mike Cameron CF
9) Nick Swisher 1B

That wouldn't be the lineup.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by jrg1:
I'm seriously starting to hate the Yankees.

This is just stupid.

Not me

They can spend all the money they want,they still won't win s**t,they are cursed by A-Rod aka The Dan Marino of baseball

Maybe..but its just ridiculous for them to just go sign EVERYONE because of their payroll/owner.

Whatever.
Originally posted by hec26:
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
Originally posted by tn_niner:
Being a Braves fan, I would just like to thank the Yankmes for taking the injury prone Burnett. I got money that says he will be the next Carl Pavano for them.

LMAO at all you haters. Just cause your team is too damn cheap to pay for good pitching doesn't mean you gotta hate on the Yanks. f**king cheap skates!

LOL cheap, im no braves fan but what they did is smart. paying burnett 82.5 just cuz he owned the damn yanks this past season is stupid. its like they say oh lets just forget all of burnett injuries from the past and since he survived this past yr without a serious injury lets sign him. and burnett if 32 why do you think the braves and whoever was after him didnt want to give him the 5th yr. carl pavano part II LOL

If Burnett just so happens to get injured, big deal. We still have Hughes and Aceves in Triple A. The Yanks know what they're doing.
  • JR80
  • Veteran
Being a Braves fan, I would just like to thank the Yankmes for taking the injury prone Burnett. I got money that says he will be the next Carl Pavano for them.

LMAO at all you haters. Just cause your team is too damn cheap to pay for good pitching doesn't mean you gotta hate on the Yanks. f**king cheap skates!

LOL cheap, im no braves fan but what they did is smart. paying burnett 82.5 just cuz he owned the damn yanks this past season is stupid. its like they say oh lets just forget all of burnett injuries from the past and since he survived this past yr without a serious injury lets sign him. and burnett if 32 why do you think the braves and whoever was after him didnt want to give him the 5th yr. carl pavano part II LOL

If Burnett just so happens to get injured, big deal. We still have Hughes and Aceves in Triple A. The Yanks know what they're doing.

yeah because those two guys were soooooooooo great last year! No, if Burnett turns out to be a waste of money and do nothing for you guys (what a surprise that would be ), you'll just waste as much money necessary on the next big name guy.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by JR80:

yeah because those two guys were soooooooooo great last year! No, if Burnett turns out to be a waste of money and do nothing for you guys (what a surprise that would be ), you'll just waste as much money necessary on the next big name guy.

Wait, I thought they were going to stop all this ridiculous spending. Wait, its the Steinbreners, how could I forget.

Actually, let them spend the money, all they are doing is subsidizing the lower market team that will beat them in the playoffs.
Originally posted by JR80:

Aceves was great last year. Hughes kicked it up a notch at the end of the season, I'd like to see consistency.

Aceves Stats
Props to you on the CC signing but Burnett is always injured and their not about to go away as he gets older, most likely will only get worse. You guys gave too much money to him.

But you guys are the Yankees, money is no prblem to you so if he suddenly finds the magical invincibility cloke then great job.

I bet you guys go after Manny next.

Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Props to you on the CC signing but Burnett is always injured and their not about to go away as he gets older, most likely will only get worse. You guys gave too much money to him.

But you guys are the Yankees, money is no prblem to you so if he suddenly finds the magical invincibility cloke then great job.

I bet you guys go after Manny next.

We do need one more bat.
apparently, the Cameron for Cabrera deal is still in the works, but the yanks may add a pitcher from the 40 man roster, into the deal, my only guess is it would be a Jonathan Albaladejo or Chase Wright, the rest seem like top prospects, or major leaguers.
admits the great news on CC and AJ, we(YAnkees) lost 6 prospects in the rule 5 draft.

INF Reggie Corona(To Mariners)
P Zach Kroenke(Marlins)
P Jason Jones(Twins)
P Ivan Nova(Padres)

all 4 were taken as part of the Major League portion, in which you must kep them on the 25 man team the entire season, or you must offer them back to there original team for like 25k or 50k

and we also lost, 2 lower level guys,

P Andrew Santos(PIrates)
P Josue Selenes(A's)
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
take a look at this,

13 3B Alex Rodriguez- $32M
52 SP C.C. Sabathia- $23M
2 SS Derek Jeter- $20M
--- SP A.J. Burnett- $16.5M
42 CL Mariano Rivera- $15M
20 C Jorge Posada- $13.1M
18 LF/CF Johnny Damon- $13M
55 DH/LF Hideki Matsui- $13M
--- CF Mike Cameron- $10M
24 2B Robinson Cano- $6M
-- 1B/OF Nick Swisher- $5.3M
22 OF/1B Xavier Nady
40 SP Chien-Ming Wang
34 RP Damaso Marte- $3.75M
26 C Jose Molina- $1M

These numbers, dont include any signing bonuses, the numbers for CC and Burnett are based on averages, and Nady and Wang have none, since they are arbitration eligible.

Yanks To Go After Manny, Teixeira

New York Post - The Yankees reportedly remain in the race to sign Mark Teixeira, and if they don't, they could turn their attention towards Manny Ramirez.

"If they can't get Teixeira, they are right there on Manny," an official with knowledge of the Yankees' plan said Saturday.

Even after landing CC Sabathia and A.J. Burnett, the Yankees aren't out of the pitching market just yet.

They remain engaged with Andy Pettitte, Derek Lowe and Ben Sheets. Eventually, the Yankees believe Pettitte will take their $10 million offer.

Link

We should sign them both just to p**s everyone off!
Share 49ersWebzone