LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

The new Cold War (re NFC West)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Both teams are in the same boat with a QB injury. There's going to be a drop off, but I think even Niner fans are underestimating Tolzien. That guy can ball. And Harbaugh really likes him a lot which means a lot to me because I think Harbaugh is an absolute witch when it comes to QB's. No, I'm talking about a receiver with a history of injuries and motivational issues (not playing because of a headache?) that they've just dropped a load of money on.

not sure what your fascination with Harvin's so called injury history and headaches is.. Every one of your post comments on this even though you've been shown numbers that disputes every negative thing you've quoted about this him. despite this you continue to refer to his alleged injury prone career as it is a matter of fact.... stick to the facts... well actually you can't because there are no facts to back your statements... other than last year, he didn't miss games due to injury.. so if one injury plagued season means he's injury prone, then i guess so. Same could be said about Sidney Rice then. doug Baldwin, a lot of our O and D linemen, they've all missed significant time due to injuries. do yourself a favor and youtube P. Harvin highlights... video doesn't lie. he's not fragile and he's not injury prone.

here are the facts, other than last year he's missed:
3 games in 3 years and one was due to him attending a funeral... he hasn't had a migraine in two years.... you want to speculate on is disruptive personality and think he'll be a locker room cancer, well that's your opinion, and nothing more... as far as the 27 million dead money.. where are you getting that figure from.. from what i understand, he's guarenteed 12 million, not 27 million... so if he has injuries or is diciplined for whatever reason, those are incentive clauses in his contract that would be negated...
[ Edited by hawker84 on Mar 19, 2013 at 8:55 AM ]
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
The level of man-crush that Seahawks fans have on Wilson borders on disturbing...if medically possible they would be killing each other for a spot in line to bear his children.

He's that good and electric. Don't worry, you'll find out when we go 14-2 this year.
Best discussion I've read about Niners vs. Seahawks offseason debate:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/3/19/4122534/prudence-continued-the-seahawks-offseason

I agree with every word. For those that don't care to read, in a nutshell he's says that while the 'Hawks have made some moves we are still the more complete team.

And despite all the media hype, the NFC West is still ours until proven otherwise.
Originally posted by RolandDeschain:
He's that good and electric. Don't worry, you'll find out when we go 14-2 this year.

3-5 on the road last year and now you're poised to go 14-2?

Ha.
[ Edited by baltien on Mar 19, 2013 at 9:53 AM ]
Originally posted by baltien:
3-5 on the road last year and now you're poised to go 14-2?

Ha.

you're right... everything that may happen this season is directly connected to what happened last season.. what were you thinking Roland?
Originally posted by hawker84:
not sure what your fascination with Harvin's so called injury history and headaches is.. Every one of your post comments on this even though you've been shown numbers that disputes every negative thing you've quoted about this him. despite this you continue to refer to his alleged injury prone career as it is a matter of fact.... stick to the facts... well actually you can't because there are no facts to back your statements... other than last year, he didn't miss games due to injury.. so if one injury plagued season means he's injury prone, then i guess so. Same could be said about Sidney Rice then. doug Baldwin, a lot of our O and D linemen, they've all missed significant time due to injuries. do yourself a favor and youtube P. Harvin highlights... video doesn't lie. he's not fragile and he's not injury prone.

here are the facts, other than last year he's missed:
3 games in 3 years and one was due to him attending a funeral... he hasn't had a migraine in two years.... you want to speculate on is disruptive personality and think he'll be a locker room cancer, well that's your opinion, and nothing more... as far as the 27 million dead money.. where are you getting that figure from.. from what i understand, he's guarenteed 12 million, not 27 million... so if he has injuries or is diciplined for whatever reason, those are incentive clauses in his contract that would be negated...

"Other than last year...."

Yea, let's omit the seven games he missed last season (eight if you count the playoffs) because it doesn't fit the narrative.

You're too smart for us guy.
Best discussion I've read about Niners vs. Seahawks offseason debate:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/3/19/4122534/prudence-continued-the-seahawks-offseason

I agree with every word. For those that don't care to read, in a nutshell he's says that while the 'Hawks have made some moves we are still the more complete team.

And despite all the media hype, the NFC West is still ours until proven otherwise.
well why wouldn't you agree with it.. it was clearly written by a Niner fan...

the Seahawks will live and die by Russell Wilson, he still has a lot to prove? Same could be said about Kap right... but alas it wasn't in this article... stopped reading at that point.. i can get the same article right here on the Web...
[ Edited by hawker84 on Mar 19, 2013 at 10:09 AM ]
you're right... everything that may happen this season is directly connected to what happened last season.. what were you thinking Roland?

Forgive me, I forgot who I was talking to. What I meant to say was, despite losing five games on the road last year, what has you convinced that you will do considerably better against tougher competition this season?

I know how you guys need things broken down into small bites.
"Other than last year...."

Yea, let's omit the seven games he missed last season (eight if you count the playoffs) because it doesn't fit the narrative.

You're too smart for us guy.

i'm not ommiting anything.. other than last year , you have no argument... one season does not constitute being injury prone.. i suppose AP is injury prone too.. i suppose manningham is injury prone as well.. heck 80% of our Offense and defensive lineman are injury prone if that's the case...

it's called football, injuries happen

the Seahawks will live and die by Russell Wilson, he still has a lot to prove? Same could be said about Kap right... but alas it wasn't in this article... stopped reading at that point.. i can get the same article right here on the Web...

Um, he did. Right after breaking down their head to head stats:

"Does this mean anything going forward? Probably that the two QBs are going to be exceptional players. It should be exciting. But, we have already proven with Alex Smith that this team doesn't need a lights-out-Kaepernick to win. Can the Seahawks say the same? What happens when the league adjusts to Wilson next season?"

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you didn't read it.

Forgive me, I forgot who I was talking to. What I meant to say was, despite losing five games on the road last year, what has you convinced that you will do considerably better against tougher competition this season?

I know how you guys need things broken down into small bites.

the way we finished the season.. love the way you like to use our offensive production in the first half of the season , but not the second when we had the offense clicking and RW had a wide open playbook.. we were averaging 30+ points a game.. that's why i say we do better next season on the road.. why do you say we will still struggle on the road.. just a hunch , or do you have some actual facts/stats to back your claim?

Um, he did. Right after breaking down their head to head stats:

"Does this mean anything going forward? Probably that the two QBs are going to be exceptional players. It should be exciting. But, we have already proven with Alex Smith that this team doesn't need a lights-out-Kaepernick to win. Can the Seahawks say the same? What happens when the league adjusts to Wilson next season?"

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you didn't read it.
as i stated.
i'm not ommiting anything.. other than last year , you have no argument... one season does not constitute being injury prone.. i suppose AP is injury prone too.. i suppose manningham is injury prone as well.. heck 80% of our Offense and defensive lineman are injury prone if that's the case...

it's called football, injuries happen

Some more than others. And the crux of your argument ("other than last year") is totally idiotic. You're implying that by not counting the one year he missed a substantial amount of time, you're somehow proving that he isn't injury prone.

Why not just call it what it is?

Not counting the playoffs, he's missed 10 games in four years.

Don't know about you, but that'd definitely qualify as "injury prone" were it anyone else.
the way we finished the season.. love the way you like to use our offensive production in the first half of the season , but not the second when we had the offense clicking and RW had a wide open playbook.. we were averaging 30+ points a game.. that's why i say we do better next season on the road.. why do you say we will still struggle on the road.. just a hunch , or do you have some actual facts/stats to back your claim?

So you take the 3-5 road record stat, throw it out the window, and then ask me for a stat that proves you will struggle on the road next year (something I didn't even say).

I only asked what has you convinced?

As many teams prove every season, and hot finish doesn't necessarily translate to a good start the next year.
Some more than others. And the crux of your argument ("other than last year") is totally idiotic. You're implying that by not counting the one year he missed a substantial amount of time, you're somehow proving that he isn't injury prone.

Why not just call it what it is?

Not counting the playoffs, he's missed 10 games in four years.

Don't know about you, but that'd definitely qualify as "injury prone" were it anyone else.
not going to argue about this.. you're entitled to your opinion... according to you half the NFL is injury prone.. works for me..
Share 49ersWebzone