LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

The new Cold War (re NFC West)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RolandDeschain:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
The level of man-crush that Seahawks fans have on Wilson borders on disturbing...if medically possible they would be killing each other for a spot in line to bear his children.

He's that good and electric. Don't worry, you'll find out when we go 14-2 this year.

Originally posted by baltien:
So you take the 3-5 road record stat, throw it out the window, and then ask me for a stat that proves you will struggle on the road next year (something I didn't even say).

I only asked what has you convinced?

As many teams prove every season, and hot finish doesn't necessarily translate to a good start the next year.

wow really dude? those 5 road losses you like to toss out there, came in the first half of the season... those 3 road wins came in the second half... pretty clear as day, the offense improved as the season progressed.. you want to blatantly ignore that, that's your choice.

and to recap your own posts.. Roland stated we'll go 14-2.. you replied , you went 3-5 on the road last year and all of a sudden you're going 14-2? ha... so you're clearly saying our road woes will continue and there's no way we go 14-2... did i misread your intent with that comment somehow?
Originally posted by RolandDeschain:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
The level of man-crush that Seahawks fans have on Wilson borders on disturbing...if medically possible they would be killing each other for a spot in line to bear his children.

He's that good and electric. Don't worry, you'll find out when we go 14-2 this year.

I'll buy you a life-size Fathead of RW if that happens...just promise to not report what you do with it.
Originally posted by hawker84:
not going to argue about this.. you're entitled to your opinion... according to you half the NFL is injury prone.. works for me..

Let's try sticking to what I said, ok?

For one, you pulled "half the NFL is injury prone" from your ass. I'm not talking about half the NFL. I'm talking about Percy Harvin.

And Percy Harvin, over the past four years has missed 10 regular season games, and two playoff games.

Too bad if facts offend you.
wow really dude? those 5 road losses you like to toss out there, came in the first half of the season... those 3 road wins came in the second half... pretty clear as day, the offense improved as the season progressed.. you want to blatantly ignore that, that's your choice.

and to recap your own posts.. Roland stated we'll go 14-2.. you replied , you went 3-5 on the road last year and all of a sudden you're going 14-2? ha... so you're clearly saying our road woes will continue and there's no way we go 14-2... did i misread your intent with that comment somehow?

You did. And you continue to misread what I'm saying. I'm going to assume you're doing it on purpose.

Which is fine, but for clarity I asked that, despite dropping five on the road last season what has you convinced (<--operative word) that you will do much better this season while facing tougher competition?

How you got "you'll struggle on the road this year because you did last year" from that is beyond me.
When I think of Percy Harvin, I can't help but say (in a lilting Southern accent), "I do declare! That young Percy fellow has missed some playing time due to a case of sleep apnea resulting in some headaches. I do believe he is a delicate young flower and they should treat him kindly. I'm hoping they give him a tall glass of sweet tea every single day so they won't have to call off the cotillion."
the way we finished the season.. love the way you like to use our offensive production in the first half of the season , but not the second when we had the offense clicking and RW had a wide open playbook.. we were averaging 30+ points a game.. that's why i say we do better next season on the road.. why do you say we will still struggle on the road.. just a hunch , or do you have some actual facts/stats to back your claim?

Your team just doesn't play as well on the road because it gets too used to the noise you make at home disrupting the other offense as a crutch. It's so big a difference that if your team isn't really on when it goes into another stadium, it just doesn't play as well. As far as your averaging 30+ points a game, so what. The Niners just threw Kaepernick in there in the middle of the season and once he got in there, the Niners offense averaged 32 points a game for the rest of the season and the post season combined. And, he didn't even get the benefit of starting the first 8 games before that like Wilson did. Next season, Kaepernick is going to burn up the league.
"If you don't count the ten times I called out this month, I'm pretty punctual."

"If you don't count the last ten banks I robbed, I really haven't done anything wrong."

"Unless you count the last ten times I lied, I'm actually really honest."

Too bad everything else in life doesn't work that way, huh? LOL.
[ Edited by baltien on Mar 19, 2013 at 10:50 AM ]
Let's try sticking to what I said, ok?

For one, you pulled "half the NFL is injury prone" from your ass. I'm not talking about half the NFL. I'm talking about Percy Harvin.

And Percy Harvin, over the past four years has missed 10 regular season games, and two playoff games.

Too bad if facts offend you.

well let's talk about what you're saying.. he missed ten games in 4 seasons... according to my math that's missing 2.5 games a season.. and that makes him injury prone? OK.. so if this is what you base your argument on, this would imply you are saying any player that misses two or more games a season is injury prone... that covers an awful lot of players in the NFL....

let me explain to you what injury prone is.. we have a corner on our team that can't seem to find his way to the field, because he is constantly tweaking a hammy or knee or ankle, for the last two seasons he just can't stay healthy.. that's injury prone.. not someone who gets injured on a play and misses some games one season out of 4.

injury prone.. someone who is constantly hampered with injuries and can't play. not a guy who gets hurt one season out of 4 and misses 7 games...

facts don't offend me,, people making comments matter of factly that have no basis to their argument is a pet peev i'll admit...
[ Edited by hawker84 on Mar 19, 2013 at 10:53 AM ]
"If you don't count the ten times I called out this month, I'm pretty punctual."

"If you don't count the last ten banks I robbed, I really haven't done anything wrong."

"Unless you count the last ten times I lied, I'm actually really honest."

Too bad everything doesn't work that way, huh? LOL.

Thank you. Nobody gave Kaepernick 8 games to warm up before starting to compute his average. He got his 32 points a game from the get-go.

Originally posted by GNielsen:
Your team just doesn't play as well on the road because it gets too used to the noise you make at home disrupting the other offense as a crutch. It's so big a difference that if your team isn't really on when it goes into another stadium, it just doesn't play as well. As far as your averaging 30+ points a game, so what. The Niners just threw Kaepernick in there in the middle of the season and once he got in there, the Niners offense averaged 32 points a game for the rest of the season and the post season combined. And, he didn't even get the benefit of starting the first 8 games before that like Wilson did. Next season, Kaepernick is going to burn up the league.

and again, none of this equates to us continuing to struggle on the road next season..
well let's talk about what you're saying.. he missed ten games in 4 seasons... according to my math that's missing 2.5 games a season.. and that makes him injury prone? OK.. so if this is what you base your argument on, this would imply you are saying any player that misses two or more games a season is injury prone... that covers an awful lot of players in the NFL....

let me explain to you what injury prone is.. we have a corner on our team that can't seem to find his way to the field, because he is constantly tweaking a hammy or knee or ankle, for the last two seasons he just can't stay healthy.. that's injury prone.. not someone who gets injured on a play and misses some games.

injury prone.. someone who is constantly hampered with injuries and can't play. not a guy who gets hurt one season out of 4 and misses 7 games...

facts don't offend me,, people making comments matter of factly that have no basis to their argument is a pet peev i'll admit...

Oh, four (though seven) is the magic number huh? Because you said so?

Yet Harvin missed eight games last year, but somehow still isn't injury prone.

...whatever floats your boat guy.
to my previous comment, according to your logic, half the NFL is injury prone... from here on out NFL anybody who get's a serious injury and misses 8 games in one season is here by deemed injury prone and a liability to your respective team.. so it is written by Baltien.... LOL
and again, none of this equates to us continuing to struggle on the road next season..

Sure it does. You'll still have that phony crutch of a deafening stadium disrupting the offense of the opposition. And that's something you don't have on the road. I'm saying it's a crutch and the more they get it, the more they depend on it. You can see what happens as well as anyone else. Their defensive players are constantly exhorting the crowd to scream and make it harder for the offense to get a play off. I don't know if you noticed, but most teams don't have that advantage at home so they don't get used to depending on it. As long as you've got your loud stadium and your full-of-themselves fans with their hokey name thinking they're part of the team, the Seahawks will be at a disadvantage on the road that most teams don't experience. Because the hokey "12th Man!" just can't go on the road with the team.
[ Edited by GNielsen on Mar 19, 2013 at 10:57 AM ]
Boy ... did this thread get off topic ...

How 'bout those Rams?!?
How 'bout those Cards?!?

Anyhoo, no one would argue that the Hawks need to play better (especially defensively) on the road. But, it is kind of funny how so many (not just Niner fans) harp on how horrible the Hawks are on the road ... yet they had the same number of wins as the NFC Champs.
The Hawks HFA has been just as undeniable as their road disadvantage - with each magnifying the other - but, neither is a set in stone to be repeated.

In any case ...
it should be fun times in the good old NFC West this season
Share 49ersWebzone