There are 192 users in the forums

The new Cold War (re NFC West)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Disp:
Wilson is like a folk hero to Hawks fans any more. Johnny Appleseed walked coast to coast barefoot. Paul Bunyan could chop down any tree with 1 swing. Russell Wilson spends 27 hours a day practicing and watching tape haha.

The level of man-crush that Seahawks fans have on Wilson borders on disturbing...if medically possible they would be killing each other for a spot in line to bear his children.
It's never that simple is it. One injury can break a season and force the window to close. Ya just never know.
[ Edited by CharlieCobra on Mar 17, 2013 at 5:15 PM ]
Originally posted by CharlieCobra:
It's never that simple is it. One injury can break a season and force the window to close. Ya just never know.

One significant injury to Harvin, a player with an injury history, and the Seahawks have over $27 million in dead money over the next two seasons.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
And here's some news for all the puffed up Seahawks fans. The Niners are NOT the only thing standing in the way of a championship and the Seahawks are NOT the only thing standing in the way of a Niners championship.

The Seahawks have to play the Giants in NY. They've got to play the Texans in Houston and they've got to play the Colts in Indy. They've got to beat the Saints in their own house and they've not only got to contend with the Niners, but the Rams who beat them last season in St. Louis and came within 6 points of beating them in Seattle. They've also got to deal with the Vikings coming to town and grinding it out on them. So, as much as Hawks fans would like to think all they have to do is knock of the Niners, it just isn't the case. And the Niners have some other business to deal with as well. They've got to go to RFK stadium and knock off a Redskins team that will probably be healthy unlike when the Seahawks played them. And they've got to host the Falcons and Packers at home, both of whom will be looking for revenge. Seahawks fans crack me up. They seem to think this is all so simple.

Yes indeedy ~ lots of work to be done!

Not that it won't likely change part way into next season but, as of now for 2013...

Niners SoS...
home = .602
road = ..430

Hawks SoS
home = .430
road = .586
[ Edited by LisaTwelve on Mar 17, 2013 at 7:49 PM ]
One significant injury to Harvin, a player with an injury history, and the Seahawks have over $27 million in dead money over the next two seasons.

Speaking of injuries ... what if Kaepernick gets hurt?
are the Niners going with Tolzien or a FA or a draftee?
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:

Throughout his career as a coach, I think I can say I trust that we trust harbaugh to have a QB ready to play. Kinda one of the reasons we hired him. Look what he did with Alex.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Throughout his career as a coach, I think I can say I trust that we trust harbaugh to have a QB ready to play. Kinda one of the reasons we hired him. Look what he did with Alex.

No doubt.
But, that didn't answer the question .... no inkling?
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

No doubt.
But, that didn't answer the question .... no inkling?

Lot of offseason left and personally I hope we draft another athletic, high ceiling young guy to develop being that we have so many picks. As for Tolzien, no one knows what he can do in a regular season NFL game, but I think he has a firm grasp of the playbook, he is very smart, and he has excellent touch and timing. How this translates on Sundays is a big unknown but I don't think any team wants to trot out their backup QB and I think Tolzien and Flynn share quite a bit in common aside from the fact that Flynn has actually played in a couple contests
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by HUGGY:
That guy has ALL our recievers down in California right now working on 2013 months before first camp. I've never heard of anything like that. Most pros take thier vacation just as seriously as the official training. Not Russell Wilson... He's studying films and working on route timing with our recievers right now..today..

You've never heard of a qb working out with his receivers in the offseason? Did you just start following the NFL this past season or something?

I know right, I wish Kaepernick had the motivation to do something like this.

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
To all Seahawks fans........

To quote Winston Wolf, "Let's not all start sucking each other dicks, just yet."

Both teams are loaded. Both front offices are smart and bold. Both teams have owners who are supporting whatever moves are necessary to win the Super Bowl. One team has a great head coach, the other has a good one (.....sorry, Pete). The Seahawks have made some big moves in free agency, but the Niners are the team that will dictate what happens in the draft. I don't think either fan base can say with certainty that their team is better than the other. It is too close to call.

This war will be fought at least twice in prime time and maybe once more in the playoffs. Every other fan base would kill to be in our position at this point. The next chapter will play out in late April. It's not over yet. Not by a long shot. Stay tuned................

Excellent Pulp Fiction reference!

Both teams are in the same boat with a QB injury. There's going to be a drop off, but I think even Niner fans are underestimating Tolzien. That guy can ball. And Harbaugh really likes him a lot which means a lot to me because I think Harbaugh is an absolute witch when it comes to QB's. No, I'm talking about a receiver with a history of injuries and motivational issues (not playing because of a headache?) that they've just dropped a load of money on.
Both teams are in the same boat with a QB injury. There's going to be a drop off, but I think even Niner fans are underestimating Tolzien. That guy can ball. And Harbaugh really likes him a lot which means a lot to me because I think Harbaugh is an absolute witch when it comes to QB's. No, I'm talking about a receiver with a history of injuries and motivational issues (not playing because of a headache?) that they've just dropped a load of money on.

Well, as it stands now, at least the Seahawks know WHO their backup is.
I wasn't sure if there was as much clarity with the Niners' backup QB .... hence, my question (thanks, Pillbusta, for your answer).
Well, as it stands now, at least the Seahawks know WHO their backup is.
I wasn't sure if there was as much clarity with the Niners' backup QB .... hence, my question (thanks, Pillbusta, for your answer).

Do they now. I seem to recall more than a few rumors that they were shopping Flynn around.
Do they now. I seem to recall more than a few rumors that they were shopping Flynn around.

there's those darned "rumors" again

Of course anything can happen, given the right situation (as we've seen with FA / trades thus far)
BUT, there's a difference between "shopping" a player and "listening" to what other teams are proposing...
Given RWs status/salary, Flynn's contract is hardly hampering the Hawks (and it's doubtful that trading or releasing him would be worth the minimal cap savings). Personally, I hope they keep Flynn for 2013. There's value (and, frankly, a bit of security) in his familiarity with the system and personnel, as well as the fact he has at least a modicum of pro-game experience.

But hey, I hear Hasselbeck's available
[ Edited by LisaTwelve on Mar 18, 2013 at 2:50 PM ]

there's those darned "rumors" again

Of course anything can happen, given the right situation (as we've seen with FA / trades thus far)
BUT, there's a difference between "shopping" a player and "listening" to what other teams are proposing...
Given RWs status/salary, Flynn's contract is hardly hampering the Hawks (and it's doubtful that trading or releasing him would be worth the minimal cap savings). Personally, I hope they keep Flynn for 2013. There's value (and, frankly, a bit if security) in his familiarity with the system and personnel, as well as the fact he has at least a modicum of pro-game experience.

But hey, I hear Hasselbeck's available

I think the correct answer, AT THIS POINT in time, is Flynn is RW's backup, and Tolzien is Kaep's. Lotta off-season left to go yet.

Hasselbeck? You can Havehimback.
Share 49ersWebzone