There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Harbaugh Coaches Approval Rating Thread

B.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Alex is definitely average
Akers should definitely be released
And the draft class in question is 2012, the one which has yielded players who have participated in a total of 0 plays this year

Alex should NOT be starting. He is not better than Kaepernick, although he definitely should be, considering he's in his 8th season and Kaepernick has a total of 3 starts under his belt. Alex has had games as bad and worse than Kaepernick's game today, yet people still wanted him to play. Kaepernick needs experience, that's all. He's getting it now.

Kaep 'getting experience' is going to cost us a chance at the Super Bowl. It was the wrong time to switch QB's. Alex was doing very well. His experience would have come in handy today. I'm sure he would not have put himself in a position to get nailed for a safety.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Alex is definitely average
Akers should definitely be released
And the draft class in question is 2012, the one which has yielded players who have participated in a total of 0 plays this year

Alex should NOT be starting. He is not better than Kaepernick, although he definitely should be, considering he's in his 8th season and Kaepernick has a total of 3 starts under his belt. Alex has had games as bad and worse than Kaepernick's game today, yet people still wanted him to play. Kaepernick needs experience, that's all. He's getting it now.

Can't argue with where Alex should be vs. where Kap is. Point is, you don't make that change to give a young QB experience at this stage. And that's Harbaughs fault. People will want Alex to play when Kap struggles. Thank Harbaugh for that. This is why win or lose the SB this year, the change should have been made in the offseason. Kap doesn't all of a sudden get a free pass for his very poor performance. We are built to win now!

Don't hate on people's opinions when it's Harbaugh who created this. Like it or not.
Originally posted by eastie:
Kaep 'getting experience' is going to cost us a chance at the Super Bowl. It was the wrong time to switch QB's. Alex was doing very well. His experience would have come in handy today. I'm sure he would not have put himself in a position to get nailed for a safety.

Originally posted by UKNiners:

How can you be so sure? There were at least 3 plays in the first half alone where Alex would've been sacked, but Kap was able to escape.
Originally posted by Ninerguy:

How can you be so sure? There were at least 3 plays in the first half alone where Alex would've been sacked, but Kap was able to escape.

That's why I'm not so sure Alex pulls out a W either
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
jh created this quarterback mess and it is a mess. sure it is not right to blame ck for the loss today. am i pissed his mistakes led to points? sure,, but jesus there is plenty of blame to go around today, ginn, the entire o line again,, penalties again, f**king stupid cute ass play calling,, kicker again. the coaches sure like to tinker with things that are not broken like the qb thing but they are either unable or unwilling to address s**t that IS broken and is costing us... kicker, return game, o line pass protection and f**king stupid PENALTIES
Was on track for an A. Since making an unnecessary, risky gamble on an inexperienced QB for the stretch-run, grade changed to Incomplete for now.

Now, how can you be so sue?
  • Bill
  • Veteran
D. Totally mismanaged QB change. How do you bench Alex who was doing great with an unproven comodity if you are serious about a SB run. Do we really think that CK can beat New England in Foxboro and Seattle in Seattle. Lets get real.
Originally posted by Bill:
D. Totally mismanaged QB change. How do you bench Alex who was doing great with an unproven comodity if you are serious about a SB run. Do we really think that CK can beat New England in Foxboro and Seattle in Seattle. Lets get real.

I think he has as good a chance as Alex Smith. Do people forget the Vikings, Jets, Giants, Seahawks games?
  • Bill
  • Veteran
Well I guess we will all see. I think when you are in the drivers seat you don't ask to be in the passenger seat and hope for the best. Harrbaugh messed this up. He has now put the entire team in a very bad position. Bill Walsh at least had class in the whole Montana-Young QB switch. Harrbauygh shows no class.

Because we've seen Alex smiths escapability skills, and they're not that good.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

That's why I'm not so sure Alex pulls out a W either

I do know this: Alex was 7/8, 72 yards, with a TD against STL this year and 2 and 0 against them last year - 37/53, 487 yds & 3 TDs. Why not go with experience?

Because we've seen Alex smiths escapability skills, and they're not that good.

Probably would have run backwards 17 yards and taken the safety too, right?