LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Harbaugh Coaches Approval Rating Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by UKNiners:
Now, how can you be so sue?
Originally posted by Bill:
let's also realize if not for the defense and two interceptions for TD last week against the Saints that the CK lead offense could have lost us that game also. Both times we went to OT this season were against the lowly Rams with CK at the helm.

yahtzee.
  • Bill
  • Veteran
Well the only thing that counts is wins. With CK we are 2-1-1.
let's also realize if not for the defense and two interceptions for TD last week against the Saints that the CK lead offense could have lost us that game also. Both times we went to OT this season were against the lowly Rams with CK at the helm.

Pretty sure the Rams had a lead and scored 14 points with Alex at the helm, no? Pretty sure David Akers missed another 41 yard field goal to win the game. But that doesn't fit your agenda, now does it?
  • Bill
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerguy:
Maybe harbaugh could tell that Alex, although he was playing decent, couldn't do enough to win a Super Bowl (he couldn't convert a single third down in the second half of the championship game). Maybe in practice he could tell that kaepernick gives us a better chance to score td's. (it took Alex smith 9 games to have 6 completions of more than 30yds....it took kapernick 2)

Disagree. This is another instance of Harbaughs famous coceit getting himself and eveyone around him in trouble. Harbaugh wants to have the moniker of QB guru. Well he wasn't in Chicago for the Bears or Indy for the Colts. What he has done is pull together a good coaching staff which at times gets too cute for their good.
Originally posted by sfout:
Matt + Mindi say we got out coached today. Isn't this the 3rd time this season I've read this and counting last season 5th or 6th time?????

It's a lot better than 16 times a season.

• Bill
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:

Pretty sure the Rams had a lead and scored 14 points with Alex at the helm, no? Pretty sure David Akers missed another 41 yard field goal to win the game. But that doesn't fit your agenda, now does it?
Wow. Didn't know that Alex also played on defense. So by that reasoning Alex is to blame for today's loss also (because he had his uniform on). get real.
Well I guess we will all see. I think when you are in the drivers seat you don't ask to be in the passenger seat and hope for the best. Harrbaugh messed this up. He has now put the entire team in a very bad position. Bill Walsh at least had class in the whole Montana-Young QB switch. Harrbauygh shows no class.

Maybe harbaugh could tell that Alex, although he was playing decent, couldn't do enough to win a Super Bowl (he couldn't convert a single third down in the second half of the championship game). Maybe in practice he could tell that kaepernick gives us a better chance to score td's. (it took Alex smith 9 games to have 6 completions of more than 30yds....it took kapernick 2).
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I love Harbaugh. I think he's one of the best coaches in the NFL. I just think he needs to be consistent about the "hot hand" thing. Because it clearly isn't Kap.

Doesn't fit the agenda, no. Alex departed the game down 14 to 7. Does he have to play DB back now too?

Rams did not score a TD today. How do we lose? Was Alex that bad?
Originally posted by okdkid:
I love Harbaugh. I think he's one of the best coaches in the NFL. I just think he needs to be consistent about the "hot hand" thing. Because it clearly isn't Kap.

Word. Probably regrets he said that. Like he cares but egg in his face.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Harbaugh gets an A. I am not going to let one or two games change my mind. Last I checked he turned this franchise from a joke under DIngleberry to one of the best teams in the league Bad game plan today without question but I wouldnt trade Harbaugh for any coach in the league other than Belichick.

This.
  • Bill
  • Veteran
Originally posted by UKNiners:

Doesn't fit the agenda, no. Alex departed the game down 14 to 7. Does he have to play DB back now too?

Rams did not score a TD today. How do we lose? Was Alex that bad?
Completely agree UKNiners.
Disagree. This is another instance of Harbaughs famous coceit getting himself and eveyone around him in trouble. Harbaugh wants to have the moniker of QB guru. Well he wasn't in Chicago for the Bears or Indy for the Colts. What he has done is pull together a good coaching staff which at times gets too cute for their good.

So harbaugh is in trouble now because we've lost 1 out of 3 games with kaepernick? And don't give me the "this messes up Alex's confidence" routine. To hell with Alex smiths confidence. He was complete garbage until harbaugh got there. If harbaugh can turn smith into a winner, he can definitely turn a qb with more talent than smith into a winner
  • Bill
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerguy:

So harbaugh is in trouble now because we've lost 1 out of 3 games with kaepernick? And don't give me the "this messes up Alex's confidence" routine. To hell with Alex smiths confidence. He was complete garbage until harbaugh got there. If harbaugh can turn smith into a winner, he can definitely turn a qb with more talent than smith into a winner
I think we are 2-1-1 with CK. That tie may cost us a first round bye.
Wow. Didn't know that Alex also played on defense. So by that reasoning Alex is to blame for today's loss also (because he had his uniform on). get real.

I didn't say Alex was to blame. But the score was 14-7. I mean, I don't care who is at fault for that, but a 7 point deficit means you are losing. The "If Alex played today, we'd win" argument is silly because he didn't play. Games are not played on paper, they're played on the field. If you're going to say Kaep is the reason we lost the 1st Rams game then that's a flat out lie.

You're trying your hardest to assign blame to one player when there's a lot of blame to go around. I can only imagine how you'd react to Delanie's dropped TD pass if Smith threw it.
[ Edited by InHarbsWeTrust on Dec 2, 2012 at 7:27 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone