LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Players that need to go

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
yes any talk abvout cutting williams should be taken with a grain or a block of salt. the only reason why anyone would want him cut is because they harbor an illogical grudge against the man for something that happened in a meaningless game six months ago.

???
yes. the game means nothing anymore. six months ago, means nothing as we move forward

Agree with your stance on KW... but agree to disagree on the bolded.
Joe Staley, Tremaine Brock,Goldson, Anthony Davis.

We are well stocked every where else. Always thought Staley was overrated, yea I said it, nobody else will. He gets thrown around like a rag doll and we're not here to run out of the pocket which seems to suit him well since he only looks good on the move or run. Tremaine takes disturbing angles on receivers but has speed but what good is it if you don't know what your doing.( not to mention the blown play in last years Giants playoff game) Goldson will crack the snot out of your nose but his coverage is disturbing and in crucial moments we cant have you breaking the necks of your own teammates just to make the highlight reel. Anthony Davis has his flashes but hes definitely never looked like a 1st rounder yet alone a second and thats a problem.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Dixon a valuable back up??? If you cut him and run short of running backs I am pretty sure 3 yd a carry backs are pretty easy to find. Watching him run is annoying, he should have been sent packing a long time ago.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
would you like to show us where you pulled that from?

I didn't see him miss any blocks tonight...actually you could see him in each replay making a great blocks.

its funny but some like to s**t on dixon, just to s**t on dixon... I remember last week someone asked who f'd up on that hit that cause Tolzien to throw an INT...and of course someone immediately posted Dixon f'd up too. I mean I don't think he was even on the field for that play...lol.

I was talking in practice and in the 1st pre season game. Didn't keep a good eye on him but he did seem to do better in this game. I'm not s**tting on him either I wanted him and thought he would have been a steal in the 6th round as I have said many times before. I just hated with the way he runs that they or he decided to go from 224 to 235 instead of 224 to 215-220 and get quicker. It fits his running style better. As for that play I thought it was Person and went back and checked and it was him. I can't control what others say. He might make it as FB but to me as RB he is too slow and dances too much. And if you look in my stock up and down thread I said both Dixon and Cartwright did nothing to distance themselves ahead of one another this game.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 19, 2012 at 6:43 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Agree with your stance on KW... but agree to disagree on the bolded.

fine,, at the time it was an important game but 7 months later,, it means nothing in regards to player evaluation as we move forward
Patrick Willis
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:

We are well stocked every where else. Always thought Staley was overrated, yea I said it, nobody else will. He gets thrown around like a rag doll and we're not here to run out of the pocket which seems to suit him well since he only looks good on the move or run. Tremaine takes disturbing angles on receivers but has speed but what good is it if you don't know what your doing.( not to mention the blown play in last years Giants playoff game) Goldson will crack the snot out of your nose but his coverage is disturbing and in crucial moments we cant have you breaking the necks of your own teammates just to make the highlight reel. Anthony Davis has his flashes but hes definitely never looked like a 1st rounder yet alone a second and thats a problem.

staley and Anthony davis have been excellent i dont see either of them getting thrown around at all the only person who got thrown that game was iupati... and that was just on one play
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

wow,. who do you replace staley and davis with ? regular season a couple weeks away and you want to cut starters , mess up the chemistry and replace them with whom? if you cut staley and davis you better have a plan to replace them with better players. Same with goldsen, who do you replace him with, do you have someone selling shoes who is a better option than goldson? what is your replacement plan please? i am sorry, everyone is entitled to thier opinion but to cut those three with no backup plan is silly
Dixon jj
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Patrick Willis

he is to short to play the game

Originally posted by denali22:
Originally posted by boast:
Josh Johnson. let Kap and God get as many reps as possible in these next two preseason games. JJ is still the same inaccurate and overthrowing QB he was with Tampa Bay the past few seasons.

against the Texans:

Kaep -4/8 19 yds

JJ -4/6 64 yds

Alex -5/9 49 yds

Tolzien -4/9 23 yds

really?

Shouldn't always rely on stats to judge someones performance. He WAS inaccurate and throwing high, it's just that most of the time the receivers adjusted for it. Just like Tolzien wasn't throwing offthe mark too much, he had quite a few drops.

wow,. who do you replace staley and davis with ? regular season a couple weeks away and you want to cut starters , mess up the chemistry and replace them with whom? if you cut staley and davis you better have a plan to replace them with better players. Same with goldsen, who do you replace him with, do you have someone selling shoes who is a better option than goldson? what is your replacement plan please? i am sorry, everyone is entitled to thier opinion but to cut those three with no backup plan is silly

No worries.
49rz4Life is obviously... "disturbed"
I'm pretty tired of Dixon and his juke, trip, stumble, fall act at this point. He should be gone just due to the numbers game.
I would say Goodwin should be upgraded after this year. He will make 5 mil and we can save 4.3 by cutting him according to AB. I go with Kilgore or draft someone in round 2 to replace him. Other than that we can use an upgrade and some more depth here and there but nobody worn out there welcome. Sure a few guys like Johnson and Dixon probably aren't cut out for this team but that doesn't mean they can't succeed elsewhere. It's not like with Mark Roman, Michael Lewis (towards the end), Chilo Rachal, Adam Snyder where they clearly needed to go.
here my list as of now

WR Swain
QB Tolzien
TE Reuland
WR Williams in the end he will be cut
Share 49ersWebzone