LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

Players that need to go

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Brock needs to go he is always giving a big play when he comes in for someone injured.

Dixon needs to go because he's an oversized ballerina. Also is probably one of the ugliest humans I've ever seen. Yah I know that has nothing to do with anything.

Also Cartwright is kind of a waste I would rather have a younger player who has a chance to develop into something rather than an old special teamer on his last legs.
Dixon definitely. Cartwright needs to play against better people and see what he has, might be worth a spot but probably not. JJ needs to go, he's nowhere near as good as the other QBs.
Dixon really needs to go.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Josh Johnson. let Kap and God get as many reps as possible in these next two preseason games. JJ is still the same inaccurate and overthrowing QB he was with Tampa Bay the past few seasons.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
J. Johnson
Dixon
K. Williams
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Who would take brock's spot?

Rogers, brown, cully, cox, ??
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by toeshawn:
Who would take brock's spot?

Rogers, brown, cully, cox, ??

Cox
Brock is better than guys like Purvis, McBath, Mosley ... Nelms hasn't got enough time to know for sure... Holcomb is already gone.... Doubt we go with 4 CBs... Brock stays but I would say Nelms has the best chance at upsetting him although it's a small one.
Cartwright may be an ST's ace, but the thing is, Dixon is just as good on special teams .. and he played RB/FB. As the 5th RB, Cartwright needs to be more versatile. We will probably play short on TEs, so I think Dixon could have value at FB as insurance for Miller. Cartwright doesn't provide that.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Cartwright may be an ST's ace, but the thing is, Dixon is just as good on special teams .. and he played RB/FB. As the 5th RB, Cartwright needs to be more versatile. We will probably play short on TEs, so I think Dixon could have value at FB as insurance for Miller. Cartwright doesn't provide that.

Pretty sure Cartwright has spent time as a FB in Washington. Now if you are talking here he would have to learn the role and but it probably wouldn't take him long. Not like Anthony is an expert... he just started and he missed on 1/2 of his blocks.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I don't think Dixon is any insurance at FB at all. If Miller goes down, we simply adapt the offense and playcalling accordingly.
i don't get the hate for Dixon. I thought he did pretty good getting a few key 1st downs and blocking pretty decent. He made a good 1st down on a 4th down conversion and caught a nice ball in the backfield for another conversion. The only conversion he didn't make was that 4th and 1 when the DT got penetration in the backfield.
Gotta remember only the second game in preseason, though I agree with Dixon... His style is just not translating to the nfl and his football iq is lackluster.

Has Cartright done enough on ST to really justify a rosterspot? Wish Castanzo was still hurr.

And Brock... Well he seems like the new Roman :-(.
Great stuff, brilliant.

Jacobs hurt.
LMJ hurt.
So what do we do? Cut Cartwright and Dixon.

Leaving us with only Gore and Hunter at running back, not to mention two fewer special teams players.
Originally posted by fly15:
J. Johnson
Dixon
K. Williams

Harbaugh prefers that K. Williams stays, otherwise he would've been gone after the NFCCG.
Share 49ersWebzone