Originally posted by ImaMod:
Josh Johnson
boobie dixon
swaine
Brock

Originally posted by DirtyP:
how does cutting brock make us better?

he sucks

We need 5 CBs... go into the season with 4 and we probably use Trent Robinson as a 5th CB who is worse than Brock. As for pure CBs like I said Brock is better than Purvis, Mosley, Hannula, etc, etc. Nelms is the only one that could give him competition and he really hasn't been seen.
Would they risk keeping four?

I really like the size of the 9er CBs...Rogers, Culliver and Cox are all 6' and around 200 pounds. Not sure if that matter a lot but someone mentioned our DBs being beaten by size and these guys should be able to compete in that area. Perhaps the S were the focus? Of course, we don't have a 6'6 DB to counter the Gronks of the world!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
And even if they had been, we cut them and start green O linemen and have zero depth.

Really, sometimes I just have to smh.

agree. to my credit, i was very diplomatic in responding to that notion of lets cut two guys with no plan to make it better. a post ban cc is a kinder and gentler cc in my opinion
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by boast:
Josh Johnson. let Kap and God get as many reps as possible in these next two preseason games. JJ is still the same inaccurate and overthrowing QB he was with Tampa Bay the past few seasons.

sometimes i think the order should be reversed, scott and God. depends on what side of the fence you are on
Originally posted by cciowa:
And even if they had been, we cut them and start green O linemen and have zero depth.

agree. to my credit, i was very diplomatic in responding to that notion of lets cut two guys with no plan to make it better. a post ban cc is a kinder and gentler cc in my opinion

A Tyrannosaurus Rex would have been kinder and gentler with noobs than you used to be, Chuck!

A Tyrannosaurus Rex would have been kinder and gentler with noobs than you used to be, Chuck!

Would definitely thin out the herd...mmm...
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Why do you think we let him back in?

Why do you think we let him back in?

LOL!
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Joe Staley, Tremaine Brock,Goldson, Anthony Davis.

We are well stocked every where else. Always thought Staley was overrated, yea I said it, nobody else will. He gets thrown around like a rag doll and we're not here to run out of the pocket which seems to suit him well since he only looks good on the move or run. Tremaine takes disturbing angles on receivers but has speed but what good is it if you don't know what your doing.( not to mention the blown play in last years Giants playoff game) Goldson will crack the snot out of your nose but his coverage is disturbing and in crucial moments we cant have you breaking the necks of your own teammates just to make the highlight reel. Anthony Davis has his flashes but hes definitely never looked like a 1st rounder yet alone a second and thats a problem.
wow,. who do you replace staley and davis with ? regular season a couple weeks away and you want to cut starters , mess up the chemistry and replace them with whom? if you cut staley and davis you better have a plan to replace them with better players. Same with goldsen, who do you replace him with, do you have someone selling shoes who is a better option than goldson? what is your replacement plan please? i am sorry, everyone is entitled to thier opinion but to cut those three with no backup plan is silly

Whoa. Lets calm down now. This isn't madden. I did not see a mention in this thread that said "Players that need to go immediately." They eventually have to go. If the coaches and front office felt like they couldn't replace Goldson then he would have gotten the extra dinero he was asking for and he didn't, and by his wreckless play he shouldn't. Robinson under the tutalage of a veteran that will be cut loose next season will be excellent. He is the complete opposite of Goldson,watches the ball, excellent tackler, decent coverage, a gem. Leonard Davis over in Antony's spot until the draft or free agency. Boone over at Staley's spot. What's wrong with that. Just because they are starting for us now doesn't mean they are doing a great job. We can definitely upgrade here. None of our qb's look comfortable in the pocket and won't unless we make obvious changes.
[ Edited by 49rz4Life on Aug 19, 2012 at 10:22 AM ]
Not a noob at all. I just have a real life to live. I don't sit on niner sites waiting to bash anyone who calls out niner or two. U guys are not in the front office, holding clip boards on the sidelines, or Niner gods who decide who knows and doesn't know, who's right or isn't right when it comes to opinions. Opimions are opinions, u don't fell its comfortable then go change ur panties.

Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Originally posted by fly15:
J. Johnson
Dixon
K. Williams

Harbaugh prefers that K. Williams stays, otherwise he would've been gone after the NFCCG.
Kyle Williams is a speedy player...he plays pretty good...

Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Originally posted by fly15:
J. Johnson
Dixon
K. Williams

Harbaugh prefers that K. Williams stays, otherwise he would've been gone after the NFCCG.
Not a noob at all. I just have a real life to live. I don't sit on niner sites waiting to bash anyone who calls out niner or two. U guys are not in the front office, holding clip boards on the sidelines, or Niner gods who decide who knows and doesn't know, who's right or isn't right when it comes to opinions. Opimions are opinions, u don't fell its comfortable then go change ur panties.

Chill. Read the rules. Particularly the first four words.

You've broken that rule with that one post. Delete my account if u can this sucks anyway.

You've broken that rule with that one post. Delete my account if u can this sucks anyway.

You've given up the ghost pretty quickly just because of a bit of criticism? Calm down and stick around...don't even know you yet!
You've given up the ghost pretty quickly just because of a bit of criticism? Calm down and stick around...don't even know you yet!

He is cooling down at the moment.
Share 49ersWebzone