LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 236 users in the forums

Do you want to win on Sunday against the Cardinals?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you want to win on Sunday against the Cardinals?

Sit Willis and spikes, they shouldn't be playing anyway. Start Alex and dixion, and mays.......... And lose, lose, lose.

Don't say I'm not a real fan, I have watched every game the last 4 seasons, I was even one who was exited at the playoff hopes a few days ago. Iam just a fan who wants a qb, the higher the draft spot the better.

If we really wanted to lose we can start Carr.
  • bret
  • Veteran
Even if the Niners lose, they're not going to get Luck unless they trade away multiple HIGH picks. The club went 10-6 with Shawn Hill at Quarterback. They can win with a free agent pick-up while they groom a second or third rounder. Meanwhile, they NEED a pass rusher and more importantly a COVER corner! These kind of players will be available at pick 9 or 10.

So just win, baby!
Originally posted by bret:
Even if the Niners lose, they're not going to get Luck unless they trade away multiple HIGH picks. The club went 10-6 with Shawn Hill at Quarterback. They can win with a free agent pick-up while they groom a second or third rounder. Meanwhile, they NEED a pass rusher and more importantly a COVER corner! These kind of players will be available at pick 9 or 10.

So just win, baby!

that higher pick we get by losing could very well be Peterson out of LSU.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

So just win, baby!

More top choices obviously available if they lose, and with nothing to gain from a win, I'm hoping for a loss.

During the prior years, when the season was over early, I'd still hope for wins as it would hopefully show that the team was "developing". This last game means absolutely nothing though. This team is headed for another rebuild with a useless game to play this weekend as the demolition continues and reconstruction starts.
Originally posted by 49Crabs:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

So just win, baby!

More top choices obviously available if they lose, and with nothing to gain from a win, I'm hoping for a loss.

During the prior years, when the season was over early, I'd still hope for wins as it would hopefully show that the team was "developing". This last game means absolutely nothing though. This team is headed for another rebuild with a useless game to play this weekend as the demolition continues and reconstruction starts.

that's how I feel too. We're obviously blowing s**t up, might as well get as high a draft pick as possible.
i am a 49er fan, of course i want them to win
Lose.
Originally posted by niners9:
i am a 49er fan, of course i want them to win

we're all fans. But c'mon, winning this game is absolutely meaningless. Losing would mean a higher draft pick which would help us greatly for years to come.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Sit Willis and spikes, they shouldn't be playing anyway. Start Alex and dixion, and mays.......... And lose, lose, lose.

Don't say I'm not a real fan, I have watched every game the last 4 seasons, I was even one who was exited at the playoff hopes a few days ago. Iam just a fan who wants a qb, the higher the draft spot the better.

If we really wanted to lose we can start Carr.

I think we should see some of our young talent, get some good film on all the guys for the next GM and Coach.
A top 5 draft pick will have lots of meaning. Beating the Cards only helps them. By the second game of next season nobody will remember the outcome of this meaningless game BUT an excellent draft pick will be w/us for years. We'll win by losing.

• dj43
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
If we come in 5-7 we have a CHANCE of trading up for Luck...but not much of one.

I don't expect us to lose.

IDK, John Skelton played very well yesterday. If they get another game from him like the last one it would not be hard to see a win for the Cards.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
A top 5 draft pick will have lots of meaning. Beating the Cards only helps them. By the second game of next season nobody will remember the outcome of this meaningless game BUT an excellent draft pick will be w/us for years. We'll win by losing.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

i don't see how anyone can argue against this.
  • rob28
  • Veteran
doesn't matter to me the season is over. time to look forward to the future. if we lose we get a high draft pick but carolina and buffalo will be picking higher regardless. if luck comes out in the 2011 draft carolina will pick him if not buffalo and neither team will trade him.
I always root for the win. But i like picking higher in the draft right now especially now since we are in a rebuild. I wanted us to make the playoffs just cause, i hate seeing the niners fail even with a hooorrrrrible coach and QB, but now i hope we get a higher draft pick. I never thought id say it. But i dont care to win. Skelton looked pretty good late in the game on christmas day too Against the cowboys and with our team i dont think we can guarantee a win over the cards. I wont be unhappy if we win though its always nice to see a win. But i do want edge in the draft especially since theres no playoff hope and we are in rebuild mode.
Share 49ersWebzone