LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Do you want to win on Sunday against the Cardinals?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you want to win on Sunday against the Cardinals?

Okay, the losing to win thing is over with. Sing is gone now it is time to go back to winning, even meaningless games. Forget the draft and just go for the win. If we pick a good GM then one win will not make too much difference.

I was yelling at the TV the day Sing was picked to be interim coach, and rooting for us to lose from then on, but seriously, enough is enough.
Absolutely not. Sorry, faithful.

We need an elite corner. Let's face it -- Carolina is going to take Luck if he comes out.

I'll take Amukamara. OR I'll trade down for another 2nd to package to get back into the first for a top tier DL/OLB as a second 1st round pick (or QB or CB depending on the first pick).
i love winning but it would just be meaningless and counter productive at this point in the season. it wont affect anything in a positive way and will only hurt us in the draft. only thing left this season is to

Originally posted by ace130:
What if A smith threw for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns

Then are QB controversy would finally end.........

It would just prove he was goofing off for six years so he could get fired!!
because I love my Niners--I want them to LOSE--you could have a game BOTH teams want to lose--that makes losing tougher!

Alex Smith is not capable of doing that.

Well, good for him.
Originally posted by bigmike55:

Alex Smith is not capable of doing that.

LOL. And even if he did, why would it matter? It'd be the most meaningless game ever and against the freaking Cards.
Hell No I don't wanna win...if we can sneak into the top 5 of the draft and have a real shot at trading up for Luck...would be more important than winning a meaningless game.

That would mean the entire D would have to lay down and die....
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Sundays game will have a big impact on the draft order. The Arizona Cardinals may take a quarterback in the draft, and that is a strong possibility with the 9ers too. At this moment, the Cardinals will be one pick before the 49ers in the draft Many of you guys who claim to be "real fans" want to win every game no matter what. In this case, do you really want to win a pointless game at the end of the season instead of having the opportunity to pick before the Cardinals?

Also, if we lose on Sunday and finish in last place in the division, we will play the last place teams in the NFC South (Carolina) and NFC North (Detroit) next year. Think about it....

Minnesota will likely finish last in the North, as Detroit will probably beat them Sunday. Of course, Detroit's record is very misleading. Remember the Bears game that the refs flat-out stole from them, and 5 other losses by 4 points or less, plus Stafford out most of the season, Jahvid Best being hobbled by turf toe after his amazing start. Unless Minnesota gets a very good QB, Detroit will likely be better than them next year.

I will never root for my team to lose for a draft spot. Drafts are too volatile. Look at how everyone had enshrined Locker, or Leinart and many before him, as #1. Why can't/won't the same happen with Luck? The truth is it's all speculation that is far more likely to be proven wrong than right.

[ Edited by vaden on Dec 27, 2010 at 21:09:51 ]
ehh, my crabs itch man..

Higher the draft pick after all this BS and confusion, the better. That is all, there is no other answer...

[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Dec 27, 2010 at 21:17:47 ]
Originally posted by vaden:

Of course, Detroit's record is very misleading. Remember the Bears game that the refs flat-out stole from them, and 5 other losses by 4 points or less, plus Stafford out most of the season, Jahvid Best being hobbled by turf toe after his amazing start.

We've had 4 losses by 3 points or less, while also battling injury problems. Is our record misleading?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by vaden:

Of course, Detroit's record is very misleading. Remember the Bears game that the refs flat-out stole from them, and 5 other losses by 4 points or less, plus Stafford out most of the season, Jahvid Best being hobbled by turf toe after his amazing start.

We've had 4 losses by 3 points or less, while also battling injury problems. Is our record misleading?
Share 49ersWebzone