There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why does Ray lewis get a pass on being super religious but Tebow was a lightning rod

First I did hear this on ESPN but it was a really good point. Ray Lewis can't go a minute without quoting scripture but all we hear is what great man of faith but when Tebow did it and not nearly as over the top he was put under a lot of fire. Before I get nailed I have no problem with them professing their faith but now Ray Lewis is giving a freaking sermon in every interview.
Originally posted by LB49ers:
First I did hear this on ESPN but it was a really good point. Ray Lewis can't go a minute without quoting scripture but all we hear is what great man of faith but when Tebow did it and not nearly as over the top he was put under a lot of fire. Before I get nailed I have no problem with them professing their faith but now Ray Lewis is giving a freaking sermon in every interview.

Because there's a narrative that must be followed. Two legs good, four legs bad.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Jan 21, 2013 at 3:54 PM ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Wrong forum.
because Ray Lewis is a great football player.

Tim Tebow is a quarterback that can't throw.
Skin color
Because Tebow doesn't scare the crap out of the media.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Because Tebow doesn't scare the crap out of the media.

Yeah, with Lewis, his belief in God may be the only thing standing between him kicking my a$@, so preach on!
One is using religion to get fans and sponsors and playing time, who's a project 3rd stringer.
The other is a Future hall of fame LB using religion to inspire teammates to play hard.
One killed a dude, confidently lost his suit, paid the families off, and perches in our face, the other is a jet
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ray Lewis is future HOF player so he gets a pass.... Tebow is seen as not able to play QB, so he gets killed by media.
Tebow is undercover gay and Ray kills people.
Originally posted by strickac:
Tebow is undercover gay and Ray kills people.

Sounds like an awesome buddy cop TV show
Why does the scary black linebacker who killed a guy get a pass? I have no idea
Many players are super religious. It's a little obnoxious when some players make it all about them and are outspoken about faith that aligns with their personal success. Look at Gore or Kaepernick. They're both openly very religious, but aren't over the top about it.
lol tebow