LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 198 users in the forums

Why does Ray lewis get a pass on being super religious but Tebow was a lightning rod

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
OJ Simpson is found not guilty of killing two people, yet he's still a murderer (and everybody apparently 'knows it'), but when Ray Lewis stabs a dude and is found not guilty of murder, but obstruction of justice, he deserves two Superbowl trophies. Get real.

not that it's an excuse, but it's probably because when it all happened, the ravens were irrelevant, and no one really care a dam about defensive players........the majority of people's first impression of ray lewis was he was so good he won the superbowl with trent dilfer.

it "was in the past"
This!
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/31/toomer-unloads-on-ray-lewis-calling-him-a-caricature-and-a-hypocrite/
http://www.richarddawkins.net/news_articles/2013/2/3/nearly-3-in-10-americans-say-god-plays-a-role-in-outcomes-of-sports-events#

"While only about 3-in-10 (27%) Americans, believe that God plays a role in determining which team wins a sporting event, a majority (53%) believe that God rewards athletes who have faith with good health and success, compared to 42% who disagree."

Ray Lewis was once a great football player...upon his retirement he was an aging, slow MLB. He had 4 tackles in the SB and was a non-factor throughout it. WRT the religion, I grew tired of his "newfound" faith...to me, it was something he was hiding behind. He didn't want to talk about the murders he was associated with...and religion was a convenient "mask". Not saying he isn't true to his religion, but his reasons for turning to it are skeptical, at least to me. On the other hand, Tebow didn't just "find" religion...it's part of his makeup.
Defense players are more accepted in professing their faith in their religion than the players that play on offense.

Back when Deion Sanders did it in his playing days, even tho he was challenged on it he wasn't criticized.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Dan Bernstein ‏@dan_bernstein

Tim Tebow to speak at a Dallas church famous for its outspoken, vitriolic hatred of LGBTs, Jews, Muslims, & Mormons. http://bit.ly/11Myr0U
tebows a white boy. reverse racism lol.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Teebow doesn't curse, dance, f**k hookers and most importantly, get involved in double homicide and get charged for obstructing justice.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Teebow doesn't curse, dance, f**k hookers and most importantly, get involved in double homicide and get charged for obstructing justice.

and hes white. lets face it, its not uncommon to see a black actor or athlete make the sign of the cross or pray, thank god after a td, award ceremony or interview but how many times do you ever see white people do it? i think thats what it is to be honest.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

and hes white. lets face it, its not uncommon to see a black actor or athlete make the sign of the cross or pray, thank god after a td, award ceremony or interview but how many times do you ever see white people do it? i think thats what it is to be honest.

lol wut?

White people do it all the time. Don't you even watch the emmy's? lol every award is won by a white person and the first person they thank is god...
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM ]

It must be radical conspiracy. Old man courtesy.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
James Andrew Miller ‏@ESPNBook

Done deal. @espn has closed deal with Ray Lewis. Now they have to make room for him. Who gets left out?
Originally posted by Jcool:
James Andrew Miller ‏@ESPNBook

Done deal. @espn has closed deal with Ray Lewis. Now they have to make room for him. Who gets left out?

fuuuuck. im never watching espn again. i cant stand listening to this moron. i think i hate ray almost as much as i hate favre
Share 49ersWebzone