There are 146 users in the forums

Why does Ray lewis get a pass on being super religious but Tebow was a lightning rod

Shop 49ers game tickets
Ray Lewis is going a little too over the top. It's one thing to be religious and humble but dude KNOWS when the camera is rolling.

He will lose.
because God said so
because he will kill you if you say anything bad about him
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
because Ray Lewis is a great football player.

Tim Tebow is a quarterback that can't throw.
This.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Ray Lewis is going a little too over the top. It's one thing to be religious and humble but dude KNOWS when the camera is rolling.

He will lose.

lol this.

Sean Doolittle ‏@whatwouldDOOdo
Ray Lewis, crying on the ground and thanking God *peeks up to make sure the cameras are still on him* keeps crying
  • mod
  • Veteran
cuz he's black
Originally posted by WashSt9er:
Skin color

Bingo!

Black people are allowed to be super religious, as if its cultural. People are afraid to say anything. When white people do it, theres no politically correct barrier, and it becomes target practice.

If Tim Tebow was on his knees at the 50 shedding tears, hands and eyes up to the sky praising God for his career, hed be ripped apart.
Because its KNOWN that ray lewis is crazy, and even more crazy now that he is getting old..tim tebow is a young white scholar who should know better
because it's a better story when a murderer finds god.
Its a matter of respect.

I don't mind the god thing at all. In fact, I'm not religious but to me, that is a good thing that someone who possibly made a mistake has turned his outlook on life completely around onto helping people.

However, what's annoying is the "look at me" mentality he has. It's like dude, get off the ground, go into the locker room, hug your teammates and THEN wait for the interview time.

As for the color of his skin and religion...I don't entirely agree. Heard a lot of people are religious in the south, white or black. For some, that's about the only way to make friends with another is if they are a part of your church.

Wonder if he will give the camera that much time if he loses.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jan 23, 2013 at 1:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:
Skin color

Bingo!

Black people are allowed to be super religious, as if its cultural. People are afraid to say anything. When white people do it, theres no politically correct barrier, and it becomes target practice.

If Tim Tebow was on his knees at the 50 shedding tears, hands and eyes up to the sky praising God for his career, hed be ripped apart.

Wow, you really think it's a racial thing? Seems more like a credibility thing to me....Tebow has done very little in the NFL to gain the crazy exposure/notoriety that he's gotten. Whereas Lewis, arguably the best MLB to ever play the game, is at the end of his very long Hall of Fame career. Regardless of skin color, most people will overlook a little weirdness after being great at your craft for so long.

Not so much a youngster who is famous mostly for being famous.
Tebow practiced what he preached. Ray makes a fool of himself. JMHO
Because Tebow is white, and Ray Lewis is black. You cant critizise Black people,because you will be labeled a racist.
  • fip24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Skin color

Bingo!

Wow, you really think it's a racial thing? Seems more like a credibility thing to me....Tebow has done very little in the NFL to gain the crazy exposure/notoriety that he's gotten. Whereas Lewis, arguably the best MLB to ever play the game, is at the end of his very long Hall of Fame career. Regardless of skin color, most people will overlook a little weirdness after being great at your craft for so long.

Not so much a youngster who is famous mostly for being famous.

A credibility thing? Let's see..Ray participates in a murder, has 6 kids w/ 4 women but his faith is credible because he is good at tackling people? Tebow, who seems to spend most of his free time doing missionary type work, has no credibility because he isn't a starting caliber quarterback?????
Following that logic, we should not revere Mother Teresa, Ghandi or Martin Luter King Jr as people of faith because they were bad athletes.

No matter how big of an idiot Ray seems to be, the guy is very crafty. He was a villian after the murder incident. He aopted the religious thing and now he has corporate endorsements and is held as a hero.
[ Edited by fip24 on Jan 23, 2013 at 2:41 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone