There are 185 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL great Junior Seau dead?

Originally posted by Jcool:
Kevin Van Valkenburg ‏ @KVanValkenburg

Here is problem too: Explain any number the risks to NFL players, most simply don't care. When do YOU take it out of an individuals hands?

This is gonna be the ultimate debate point - where does the safety of the players end with the individual and start with the social structure?

It would be low odds of occurring, but I can envision a future where pro football is illegal as played today on grounds of "safe society".
Originally posted by TlSSER:
was seau samoan or tongan?

Samoan
I wonder if this is what he was trying to do...

"The circumstances of Seau's death instantly raised comparisons to the former Chicago Bears star Dave Duerson. In February 2011, Duerson shot himself in the chest, saying in a note that he wanted his brain donated to the study of football head injuries."

I guess this guy suffered from depression and other stuff.
Man oh man. One of my childhood heroes. I absolutely loved him as a player. I was listening to Max & Marcellus on ESPN when the news was announced, and Marcellus Wiley (teammate for many years, who idolized him) was beside himself. What a sad day.
Damn. RIP to one of the best LB's of all time.

Originally posted by jacklegniner:
I wonder if this is what he was trying to do...

"The circumstances of Seau's death instantly raised comparisons to the former Chicago Bears star Dave Duerson. In February 2011, Duerson shot himself in the chest, saying in a note that he wanted his brain donated to the study of football head injuries."

I guess this guy suffered from depression and other stuff.

interesting insight. this is a really sad day. RIP Junior Seau.
Man.....RIP Junior...one of my all time favorites
Anybody know who the other 8 were that passed from the 94 super bowl season??
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Anybody know who the other 8 were that passed from the 94 super bowl season??

There's a list of them on page 4.
Sad. RIP Junior.
killing yourself is a cop out, I feel bad for his children. I cant imagine him resting in peace when he commited the ultimate sin. Sad that he didnt get help.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
killing yourself is a cop out, I feel bad for his children. I cant imagine him resting in peace when he commited the ultimate sin. Sad that he didnt get help.

What!?
I really hope this creates more debate on the safety of players.

Roger Goodell is a hypocrite who cares only for the pocketbooks of his 32 bosses.

You can't argue that bounties are immoral, that they are detrimental to the health and safety of the players, and then, fight against the current players and former players health benefits every step of the way. Additionally, If he cared at all about player safety, he would not be arguing for an 18 game season.

The truth is, the almighty buck is the sole motivation for both him and his billionaire cronie bosses.

There needs to be a massive investigation into player health and safety, post retirement benefits and the current state of violence in the game.
Very sad
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:

Sometimes the pain of living becomes too much to bear.