LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

NFL great Junior Seau dead?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by northvan49erman:
I really hope this creates more debate on the safety of players.

Roger Goodell is a hypocrite who cares only for the pocketbooks of his 32 bosses.

You can't argue that bounties are immoral, that they are detrimental to the health and safety of the players, and then, fight against the current players and former players health benefits every step of the way. Additionally, If he cared at all about player safety, he would not be arguing for an 18 game season.

The truth is, the almighty buck is the sole motivation for both him and his billionaire cronie bosses.

There needs to be a massive investigation into player health and safety, post retirement benefits and the current state of violence in the game.

In lieu of a "Like" button....THIS
Sucks, I had just met him at Seau's before me and my friend went to the Niners-Chargers game. A genuinely good person whose death is a great tragedy for our community here in San Diego
Separately, Seau's girlfriend's story, as reported in the press right now, does not make a ton of sense. She claims he was alive this morning when she left to go the gym and found him shot when she returned. Very odd timing for a person to kill themselves. Not impossible, but certainly not what you would expect.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Sometimes the pain of living becomes too much to bear.

It must, I just cant imagine doing that to my family.
Originally posted by Robert:
Separately, Seau's girlfriend's story, as reported in the press right now, does not make a ton of sense. She claims he was alive this morning when she left to go the gym and found him shot when she returned. Very odd timing for a person to kill themselves. Not impossible, but certainly not what you would expect.

didn't want to do it in front of her....

Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
killing yourself is a cop out, I feel bad for his children. I cant imagine him resting in peace when he commited the ultimate sin. Sad that he didnt get help.

Depression is a horrible affliction that worsened to the point of suicide. What do you feel he was copping out from?
[ Edited by YOUNGster08 on May 2, 2012 at 3:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Robert:

Makes 100% sense to me

Are there rules of time for suicides?
[ Edited by chico49erfan on May 2, 2012 at 3:06 PM ]
Sad news. RIP.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Makes 100% sense to me

Are there rules of time for suicides?
I don't think I suggested there were "rules". Any given person may do anthing. But generally, one might expect to be see use of drugs or alcohol, isolation, later in the day / late at night. You just don't hear about a lot of suicides at 9 in the morning, while the girlfriend is at the gym. Very possible that this is exactly what happened of course, but I would think these facts would raise a few eyebrows for the investigators.
Originally posted by YOUNGster08:
Depression is a horrible affliction that worsened to the point of suicide. What do you feel he was copping out from?

Whatever problems that he thought we're too unbearable to live through.

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Very sad seeing his mother talking to the media.........
Suicide is such a selfish act. How could somone of such importance to the lives of others take himself away from them? I feel for his family, friends, and all the people who were touch by his contribution to his community. A big piece of their lives has been snatched away from them, never to get it back. Im saddened by this whole situation.
[ Edited by NinerGod on May 2, 2012 at 3:27 PM ]
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Originally posted by YOUNGster08:

Whatever problems that he thought we're too unbearable to live through.
Actually the brain is an organ and can get injured or have a disease, too many Palin-ites think depression is a character flaw.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Suicide is such a selfish act. How could somone of such importance to the lives of others take himself away from them? I feel for his family, friends, and all the people who were touch by his contribution to his community. A big piece of their lives has been snatched away from them, never to get it back. Im saddened by this whole situation.

Don't fall of your pedestal, you might get hurt. You don't know how skewed his perspective on reality was, he may have thought it beneficial for others that he kill himself. Depression isn't something you can just wish away.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
I feel the same. I am sad about the situation because he was a good player and I live in SD and the community loves him.......but most people that don't know him will move on from this pretty easily. His family and friends will literally think about this everyday for the rest of their lives. My wifes younger brother (25) took his life 2 years ago. I know that he had a hard time dealing with stuff but my wife now suffers from depression and her other sister has anger issues. The father drinks again from time to time and it makes you worry a little and her mom is a complete mess. They don't really know how to move on.

Seriously, her mom is staying with us right now and everytime we watch a movie or the tv, when a death happens it just brings back a wave of emotions and guilt and what did I do wrong as a parent, wife, etc...

It's a sad, sad situation but I definitely have a heavy heart for the kids and family today.
[ Edited by jacklegniner on May 2, 2012 at 4:10 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone