There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The **OFFICIAL** Cam Newton Bandwagon!

Barlow
Originally posted by submoa:
This is interesting, Bills GM Buddy Nix has this to say about pre-draft comments from teams:

“There’s an unwritten rule that it’s not a sin to tell a lie during pre-draft stuff,” Nix said. “Everybody does it, it’s accepted, so everything you read or hear or see, you need to keep in mind that about 10 percent of it is the truth.”

Nothing surprising we all knew this anyway it was just interesting that a GM would actually say this... Then today Clayton has an article on the draft and has a quote on QBs fro Harbaugh:

"The ability to make people miss as a quarterback is critical," Harbaugh said. "We've got quarterbacks in this draft like Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert and Jake Locker that not only will make people miss and avoid, but they can run and keep defenses out of certain coverages, which is quite the trait to have. And they can pick up first downs with their legs and keep the chains moving."

So I would just basically scratch these three guys off the list.

You do realize that every GM/coach is different. Some will lie about what they will do, and some will do exactly what they plan to do - which is why, it's almost impossible to tell who is telling the truth and who is lying. There is no exact science here.

Plenty of ppl here knew that we're going to draft Vernon, Willis, and Davis (last year). We didn't know we're going to draft Balmer, and thought we'll be drafting one of the top WRs that year.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
And another thought Matt B and I agree on....

Quote:
[Comment From GuestGuest: ]
Any chance Harbaugh tries to mold Cam Newton's "Plutonium-Grade raw materials"?
Thursday March 24, 2011 11:50 Guest

MattB_49:
I thought that was very interesting. It's a month before a draft in which Harbaugh is expected to take a quarterback and he's lavishing -- absolutely heaping -- praise on Cam Newton. You know that BS Detector I had installed in my head a few years back? The needle started twitching like crazy when I read that ...

MattB dislikes Cam Newton - what else is new? He is just "thinking" what Harbaugh meant. The fact that we interviewed Cam at combine and were there at his pro-day is enough prove that there is some interest.

Matt is not the only one:

Quote:
Nolan Nawrocki, the senior editor at Pro Football Weekly and that publication's talent evaluator, made waves recently with his blistering review of Auburn quarterback Cam Newton:

"Very disingenuous -- has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup," Nawrocki wrote in the "Negatives" portion of Newton's review. "Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law -- does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room . . . Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness -- is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable."

Whoa.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/03/draft-analyst-t.html#ixzz1I7QTc56k
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
And another thought Matt B and I agree on....

Quote:
[Comment From GuestGuest: ]
Any chance Harbaugh tries to mold Cam Newton's "Plutonium-Grade raw materials"?
Thursday March 24, 2011 11:50 Guest

MattB_49:
I thought that was very interesting. It's a month before a draft in which Harbaugh is expected to take a quarterback and he's lavishing -- absolutely heaping -- praise on Cam Newton. You know that BS Detector I had installed in my head a few years back? The needle started twitching like crazy when I read that ...

MattB dislikes Cam Newton - what else is new? He is just "thinking" what Harbaugh meant. The fact that we interviewed Cam at combine and were there at his pro-day is enough prove that there is some interest.

harbaugh wasnt there at his proday which is whats really important and were not calling him in for team workout only 2 teams in top 10 and 3 in top 12 didnt call him in and were one of those teams

Thats the biggest hint that we are interested imo.

Thought I would share this with you too:

Quote:
Nolan Nawrocki, the senior editor at Pro Football Weekly and that publication's talent evaluator, made waves recently with his blistering review of Auburn quarterback Cam Newton:

"Very disingenuous -- has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup," Nawrocki wrote in the "Negatives" portion of Newton's review. "Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law -- does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room . . . Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness -- is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable."

Whoa.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/03/draft-analyst-t.html#ixzz1I7QTc56k

No thanks. Please I know Niner fans are starving for a franchise QB but drafting Newton would be FAR worse then Alex Smith. Dont give me s**t about his "potential" and his physical attributes because thats not what the QB position demands. I mean really... does anyone really think he will ever be a top 5...no....top 10 QB?!
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Quote:
11:42
[Comment From GuestGuest: ]
Who is this year’s Jimmy Clausen – the guy who is supposed to be a high pick but for whatever reason drops out of the first round?

11:43
MattB_49:
I got a definite "jerk" vibe from Clausen. The only guy who's given me a similar vibe is Mallett. Cam Newton has given me a "fake" vibe. Like he's Eddie Haskell in shoulder pads ... ..

I'm not the only one. I've gotten that vibe from Cam since day one. It seems like the guy reads from a script when being interviewed and you can totally tell how fake he is when someone throws him a curve ball question.

Wow...

Quote:

Nolan Nawrocki, the senior editor at Pro Football Weekly and that publication's talent evaluator, made waves recently with his blistering review of Auburn quarterback Cam Newton:

"Very disingenuous -- has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup," Nawrocki wrote in the "Negatives" portion of Newton's review. "Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law -- does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room . . . Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness -- is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable."

Whoa.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/03/draft-analyst-t.html#ixzz1I7QTc56k
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
No thanks. Please I know Niner fans are starving for a franchise QB but drafting Newton would be FAR worse then Alex Smith. Dont give me s**t about his "potential" and his physical attributes because thats not what the QB position demands. I mean really... does anyone really think he will ever be a top 5...no....top 10 QB?!

1.) What qualities does he NOT have that the QB position "demands?"
2.) Nobody knows if ANY QB will be a top 5 or 10 player. Did you know Brady would be? Did you know Rodgers would be? Did you know Brees would be? If so, you should be hired by an NFL team because a s**t-load of professionals who do this for a living missed on all of these guys early on. Nobody knows anything FOR SURE when it comes to the draft; it's a bunch of "best guesses," and some organizations are just better at guessing who will fit their system than other teams.

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Mar 31, 2011 at 08:41:32 ]
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by submoa:
This is interesting, Bills GM Buddy Nix has this to say about pre-draft comments from teams:

“There’s an unwritten rule that it’s not a sin to tell a lie during pre-draft stuff,” Nix said. “Everybody does it, it’s accepted, so everything you read or hear or see, you need to keep in mind that about 10 percent of it is the truth.”

Nothing surprising we all knew this anyway it was just interesting that a GM would actually say this... Then today Clayton has an article on the draft and has a quote on QBs fro Harbaugh:

"The ability to make people miss as a quarterback is critical," Harbaugh said. "We've got quarterbacks in this draft like Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert and Jake Locker that not only will make people miss and avoid, but they can run and keep defenses out of certain coverages, which is quite the trait to have. And they can pick up first downs with their legs and keep the chains moving."

So I would just basically scratch these three guys off the list.

You do realize that every GM/coach is different. Some will lie about what they will do, and some will do exactly what they plan to do - which is why, it's almost impossible to tell who is telling the truth and who is lying. There is no exact science here.

Plenty of ppl here knew that we're going to draft Vernon, Willis, and Davis (last year). We didn't know we're going to draft Balmer, and thought we'll be drafting one of the top WRs that year.

Sounds like he wants other players to slide by hyping other guys up. If those guys taken in the 1st, his 2nd round guys will most likely be there for him.

I'm sorry, but CAm is most likely not going to be a niner. Especially since Harbaugh didn't even attend his workout.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
And another thought Matt B and I agree on....

Quote:
[Comment From GuestGuest: ]
Any chance Harbaugh tries to mold Cam Newton's "Plutonium-Grade raw materials"?
Thursday March 24, 2011 11:50 Guest

MattB_49:
I thought that was very interesting. It's a month before a draft in which Harbaugh is expected to take a quarterback and he's lavishing -- absolutely heaping -- praise on Cam Newton. You know that BS Detector I had installed in my head a few years back? The needle started twitching like crazy when I read that ...

MattB dislikes Cam Newton - what else is new? He is just "thinking" what Harbaugh meant. The fact that we interviewed Cam at combine and were there at his pro-day is enough prove that there is some interest.

Matt is not the only one:

Quote:
Nolan Nawrocki, the senior editor at Pro Football Weekly and that publication's talent evaluator, made waves recently with his blistering review of Auburn quarterback Cam Newton:

"Very disingenuous -- has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup," Nawrocki wrote in the "Negatives" portion of Newton's review. "Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law -- does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room . . . Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness -- is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable."

Whoa.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/03/draft-analyst-t.html#ixzz1I7QTc56k

Quote:
NFL.com draft analyst Gil Brandt believes Auburn QB Cam Newton is the "real deal." Brandt also says Newton's character issues are overblown, and that he's far more grounded than his infamous "entertainer and icon" comments suggest. There's no doubt Newton's past is littered with questionable decisions, but he wouldn't be the first former head-case to turn into a model NFL citizen as he matures.

And Gil Brandt's opinion in the polar opposite. Believe the opinions you wish but Barrows is a beat writer, Nawrocki is a former college player and now a football mag editor (how much of his opinion has magazine sales factored into it ?) and Brandt a former NFL VP of player personnel and scout (not that it makes Brandt's opinion anymore truer but his is that of someone whose experience is of more value as compared to the counterparts you presented).
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,682
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Quote:
11:42
[Comment From GuestGuest: ]
Who is this year’s Jimmy Clausen – the guy who is supposed to be a high pick but for whatever reason drops out of the first round?

11:43
MattB_49:
I got a definite "jerk" vibe from Clausen. The only guy who's given me a similar vibe is Mallett. Cam Newton has given me a "fake" vibe. Like he's Eddie Haskell in shoulder pads ... ..

I'm not the only one. I've gotten that vibe from Cam since day one. It seems like the guy reads from a script when being interviewed and you can totally tell how fake he is when someone throws him a curve ball question.

Wow...

Quote:

Nolan Nawrocki, the senior editor at Pro Football Weekly and that publication's talent evaluator, made waves recently with his blistering review of Auburn quarterback Cam Newton:

"Very disingenuous -- has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup," Nawrocki wrote in the "Negatives" portion of Newton's review. "Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law -- does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room . . . Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness -- is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable."

Whoa.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/03/draft-analyst-t.html#ixzz1I7QTc56k

Quote:
Nawrocki admits he did not interview Cam Newton at all prior to writing the scouting report.

http://twitter.com/#!/evansilva/status/53154462755332096
mattbarrows

Nawrocki on PFT Live: "It wouldn't surprise me ... if (Cam Newton) ends up in the second round. Because there are so many concerns."
Originally posted by valrod33:
mattbarrows

Nawrocki on PFT Live: "It wouldn't surprise me ... if (Cam Newton) ends up in the second round. Because there are so many concerns."

This Nawrocki guys is being a little too obvious now.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by valrod33:
mattbarrows

Nawrocki on PFT Live: "It wouldn't surprise me ... if (Cam Newton) ends up in the second round. Because there are so many concerns."

This Nawrocki guys is being a little too obvious now.

I wonder if he sells igloos to Eskimo's in July too ?
Netwon adviser Moon is crying racisim for people not liking Newton..
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by valrod33:
mattbarrows

Nawrocki on PFT Live: "It wouldn't surprise me ... if (Cam Newton) ends up in the second round. Because there are so many concerns."

This Nawrocki guys is being a little too obvious now.

Wonder if he works for the Tards and is trying to get him to slide down to them?