There are 47 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Conversation on Sunday, Alex Smith vs. Aaron Rodgers

Even when Alex leaves the team, we will hear this discussion for the next 10 years...
Originally posted by job2436:
Ok, I understand everyone's frustration with Alex Smith, and all I'm gonna add is he wasn't alone on playing bad. Moving on, who sho we get at QB cuz I seriously doubt Troy Smith is the long term answer.....

Don't doubt Steaming Willie Beamin'! We have like all off season to argue that with 1,000 page threads. >>>>>>>>Insert Steaming Willie Beamin' music video.
The Voice of Reason is a voice of reason - I totally agree with what he/she said. Alex moves on, Troy isn't good enough, the draft came and went and we got nothing worthwhile, no good FAs. This means the sad 49er saga continues.

This is why I have felt it is in the 49ers best interest to keep Alex (lthough he would be smart to move on)> They need to continue to improve the OL and the receiver corps. Alex should reamin until the 49ers are sure they have something better to replace him. It could be Troy, but I doubt it.
Originally posted by excelsior:
The Voice of Reason is a voice of reason - I totally agree with what he/she said. Alex moves on, Troy isn't good enough, the draft came and went and we got nothing worthwhile, no good FAs. This means the sad 49er saga continues.

This is why I have felt it is in the 49ers best interest to keep Alex (lthough he would be smart to move on)> They need to continue to improve the OL and the receiver corps. Alex should reamin until the 49ers are sure they have something better to replace him. It could be Troy, but I doubt it.

It's already Troy. I don't think Troy is the future, but he's better than Alex. We've seen that already. I think he'll get a little better too. Troy's only played what, 6 or 7 NFL games.
I'd keep Alex as the #3 QB
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Please No! It's better if Alex leaves. For a lot of reasons:

1. Both sides can move on.
2. A lot of fans here have soured on him (remember the "We want Carr" chant?)
3. There won't be the temptation to put him back in
4. He gets a fresh start in another setting. If he does well, great! All the Alexcusers would have been proven right.
5. No more Alex Smith threads!
Originally posted by DownInTheCity:

4. He gets a fresh start in another setting. If he does well, great! All the Alexcusers would have been proven right.

This. He needs to go.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

This. He needs to go.

ASAP
Originally posted by susweel:

This. He needs to go.

ASAP

Having said that, no matter what the NT brain trust thinks, here are the facts:

AR is a MUCH better QB than AS today. This is beyond debate.

NO ONE can correctly state that if their situations were reversed (AR to us, AS to GB), the results would be exactly the same as what we see today. There are millions of variables at play. See, for example, the eternal nature versus nurture debate in biology and psychology, as well as thousands of studies exposing subjects to different stimuli over time and then comparing results.

That is all.
Originally posted by susweel:

This. He needs to go.

ASAP

Having said that, no matter what the NT brain trust thinks, here are the facts:

AR is a MUCH better QB than AS today. This is beyond debate.

NO ONE can correctly state that if their situations were reversed (AR to us, AS to GB), the results would be exactly the same as what we see today. There are millions of variables at play. See, for example, the eternal nature versus nurture debate in biology and psychology, as well as thousands of studies exposing subjects to different stimuli over time and then comparing results.

That is all.

We could clone both of them and experiment
^We'd also need a time machine.

But I'm in!
we need this

Alex Smith faced off against Aaron Rodgers last year and showed that he is on the same level. Rodgers was blessed to be put in the situation he was, Alex Smith was cursed.
Originally posted by excelsior:
So, susweel jokingly answered my question by saying P. Manning played with a poor OC, behind poor protection and with shaky receivers. Yeah, right. It is manifest that no one can up with any good examples - my point is made once again.

But you saw what happens when Manning tried playing with replacements for some injured linemen and receivers the other night. He struggled mightily. Thank you for giving me another teachable opportunity for those willing to learn.

I don't know if you are just trying to fool yourself, but, just because Rodgers sat behind Farve, gave Rodgers more awareness, better footwork, blah, blah, I can go on, but you get my point.

Are you trying to say Alex is Good, or something, cause over the course of 6 1/2 years, he made a handful of plays??? Wow, just wow already.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Alex Smith faced off against Aaron Rodgers last year and showed that he is on the same level. Rodgers was blessed to be put in the situation he was, Alex Smith was cursed.

Let it go.

Alex is done