LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 148 users in the forums

Carson Palmer a Raider Update Pg 48

Shop 49ers game tickets
Just thinking if Palmer was had for a 1st and a conditional 1st, what would be needed to get Luck? 3 complete drafts?
Lol at the raiders
April is gonna suck to be a Raiders fan. I wonder how game ready Palmer even is, although they've got a bye and a couple weaker opponents coming up so that should give him a little time to adjust. But man, talk about placing no value whatsoever on your draft...
Palmer is going to torch KC this weekend.
Only the raiders would make this horrible deal.

LMAO
Romanowski is on drugs. The guy was trying to compare Palmer to Montana, Young and Elway. What the f**k.
Can we please change the thread name to "Carson Palmer - The Greatest Trade Ever"
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by susweel:
Sucks for Jason Campbell the guy gets hurt and loses his job.

I was just thinking that too, the only thing left for him to do is re-sign with the Raiders. If I were him I would.

Looks like his days of starting are over so Im not sure why he would re-sign with them.

Well for one, to be in the same system that hes been comfortable in. Two, hes much better than Boller and would definitely be the #2 there. Three, who's to say he wouldn't get his job back, Palmer also has trouble staying healthy. His best chances of starting again would be with the Raiders.

why would he resign? they basically threw him to the curb. he was a guy that worked to improve and he did. now that he's injured, they basically mortgaged their future away to get a guy that used to be good.

Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
Great move by the Raiders, this was bold but I think it will pay off. He knows the offense and he'll be able to come in and spread the ball to their arsenal of play makers.

I have to agree with you. Sure the compensation might seem a little too much, but if Palmer can at least be on par with what Campbell has shown so far I'd say it was worth it.

a future first rounder and second rounder for someone to be on far with jason campbell is a ridiculous trade. anything less than a substantial push into the playoffs will make this a terrible deal. this deal is making the kolb deal look cheap in comparison
Definitely in the minority here, but I think the Raiders are only a good QB away from being a playoff team, and Palmer meets that criteria (IMO). CP has struggled in recent years, but we don't know how much of that can be attibuted to his disdain for the Bengals organization (low morale) and overall lack of offensive talent they've had recently, especially across the o-line.

With the Raiders top-flight running game and solid WR corps, I think Carson will thrive (in time) and this will turn in to a good deal.
  • Veteran
They should have gone the suck for luck route.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Definitely in the minority here, but I think the Raiders are only a good QB away from being a playoff team, and Palmer meets that criteria (IMO). CP has struggled in recent years, but we don't know how much of that can be attibuted to his disdain for the Bengals organization (low morale) and overall lack of offensive talent they've had recently, especially across the o-line.

With the Raiders top-flight running game and solid WR corps, I think Carson will thrive (in time) and this will turn in to a good deal.

It's ironic that the Bengals are doing fine now with Dalton at the helm. It'll interesting to see how rusty Palmer will be in the coming game.
One person will have a very tough job in the near future: the new (to-be-hired) GM of the Raiders. He won't have many picks to play with.
[ Edited by fastforward on Oct 18, 2011 at 8:53 PM ]
Originally posted by 190836:
They should have gone the suck for luck route.

Too late. The Dolphins and the Colts have the inside track. If they don't stick to the plan, the Rams may have a chance.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

It's ironic that the Bengals are doing fine now with Dalton at the helm. It'll interesting to see how rusty Palmer will be in the coming game.

Cincy's defense (2nd ranked overall) is carrying the team right now. Their offense isn't very good and Dalton ranks near the bottom in terms of QB rating.
Originally posted by thedude:
April is gonna suck to be a Raiders fan. I wonder how game ready Palmer even is, although they've got a bye and a couple weaker opponents coming up so that should give him a little time to adjust. But man, talk about placing no value whatsoever on your draft...

Because the Raiders have been habitually bad with their first picks, they thought nothing of them!
Share 49ersWebzone