LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

Carson Palmer a Raider Update Pg 48

Shop 49ers game tickets
JUST SUCK, BABY!
Bad move, and a panicked one, by the Oakland Raiders. There is no guarantee Carson is in game shape, he's 31 years old, and he wasn't exactly lighting it up last year. For this, they've given up a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder? A huge gamble for Oakland....talk about mortgaging your future.

On the flipside, the Bengals have to be doing backflips down the hallway after this one.
Horrible trade. Carson isn't very good and this is a good draft class. There's not much of a difference between Orton and Palmer. Typical Raiders
Not sure if this has mentioned yet but the Raiders are without a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 7th round pick for 2012 draft. Wow.
Originally posted by plinius9mm:
Not sure if this has mentioned yet but the Raiders are without a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 7th round pick for 2012 draft. Wow.

But they still have their 1st round pick in 2013.....oh....wait....nevermind.

(yes i know it'll probably be a 2nd)
Wait....Hue Jackson called this "The Greatest Trade Ever"

Are you freakin seriousssss brooooo??? LOoLzzzzzz
  • Paul
  • Veteran

they sound like the Redskins for most of the 2000s. Honestly it was a risky move but to me they still got a very good starting quarterback in this league even if he will be a little rusty
for what the Raiders gave up if Palmer doesn't take them to the SB in the next two years it wasn't a very good trade.

its probably a scheme to which the Raiders can layoff the scouting department and everybody just take Feb - May off
this looks like this could be one of those move that the Raiders make that makes you go .....

....but then for some reason works out. The team of misfits and outcasts going back to their roots.

Hue Jackson said this trade was probably "The greatest trade in football" .....Yeah.....having close to no future in drafts for the next couple years is great. i LOVE this raider team, they always give me a laugh.
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by dwett:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by susweel:
Sucks for Jason Campbell the guy gets hurt and loses his job.

I was just thinking that too, the only thing left for him to do is re-sign with the Raiders. If I were him I would.

It takes two to tango. I dont know if they sign him now, they have Pryor, for what its worth, signed too.

I thought out of the QBs of the 2005 draft Smith had it the worst. Now I think I have to go with Campbell. Have your team winning get hurt and then thrown to the curb. That hurts.

Joe Montana says what?

pwnr.
Yea because Carson Palmer is now Steve Young for the Raiders. So to be pwnr., as you put it, you consider Steve Young and Carson Palmer as equal QBs of which both will make the HOF. We shall see......................

Also I didn't know Montana was drafted in 2005 so not sure how he even plays into my original situation.

To be honest I think Stoney was making a joke overall.
[ Edited by dwett on Oct 18, 2011 at 6:17 PM ]
LOL the greatest trade ever LOL
is mike brown secretly an evil genius?? maybe he knew someone would be desperate to get a qb because of injury during the season. and raiders was his bait! man i thought he was an idiot of an owner... maybe he knows what he is doing after all.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
LOL the greatest trade ever LOL

Yeah for the Bengals
Share 49ersWebzone