LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 321 users in the forums

Carson Palmer a Raider Update Pg 48

Shop 49ers game tickets
If Palmer keeps playing like he is I strongly believe the Bengals will move on next yr. Palmer could be a good pick up as a stop gap QB while we groom our new QB of the future (please God let it be Luck). I saw the Bengals play every week when I lived in Ohio & for a while Palmer was in the discussion of best QB behind Manning & Brady. I have absolutely no idea what is wrong with him now but I have to think it is the surgeries he has had. Maybe a change of scenery, coming back out west, & a 1st rd. QB playing behind him will reignite that fire and we get the old Palmer (or even 75% of what he used to be) for just a season or two.
i wouldnt mind
i would so take a shot at palmer
If there is an even a remote chance of him leaving the Bengals, we HAVE to sign him.
At this rate, we'll have a top 5 pick. So your wish of drafting Luck might come true. I'm okay with Palmer should he become a Niner. I've pretty much given up on A. Smith at this point in his 6th year...ran out of excuses for his poor throws and decision-making.
Pick up Palmer and draft a QB high in the draft.

Palmer starts and mentors for two years, then young QB becomes starter.

This would not anger me.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
At this rate, we'll have a top 5 pick. So your wish of drafting Luck might come true. I'm okay with Palmer should he become a Niner. I've pretty much given up on A. Smith at this point in his 6th year...ran out of excuses for his poor throws and decision-making.

________

We'll need the #1 overall pick to get Luck. He is the unquestioned #1 pick. Nobody in college football is close to him as a prospect...especially at that position. I realize the pessimism on this forum...but we won't have the #1 pick. Trading up is too costly for a team with QB, CB and potential OLB needs.

Unfortunately, I think Luck will be a Bill. They are worse than us (yes, that is true) and may very well go winless. Plus they have huge QB needs. They have little incentive to trade out of the #1 spot.
id rather have alex smith

palmers garbage
Hes just as mistake friendly and is playing as bad if not worse than Alex is with a more talented team, ochocinco, TO, Greshmam, shipley, Benson etc.

[ Edited by CrAnKD4TCRabTree on Oct 11, 2010 at 14:15:15 ]
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

This would not anger me.

While I agree

its gonna cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:

palmers garbage

lol

Originally posted by dman:

palmers garbage

lol

Seriously, besides a stronger arm, what does Palmer have right now that Smith doesnt?

Palmer was great 3/4 years ago after his injuries hes been straight up garbage
Originally posted by ads_2006:

This would not anger me.

While I agree

We have the room. We need to make a bold move.

palmers garbage

lol
Originally posted by ads_2006:

This would not anger me.

While I agree

We have the room. We need to make a bold move.

$$$ for a garbage QB that hasnt done anything but suck in 3 years
how smart..

palmers garbage

lol

Seriously, besides a stronger arm, what does Palmer have right now that Smith doesnt?

Palmer was great 3/4 years ago after his injuries hes been straight up garbage

There have been plenty of times when a QB has looked like he was done because of injury or age or whatever then he goes to a new team gets rejuvenated & plays great for a season or two, which is very realistic. What is not realistic is to in any way say Smith is comparable to Palmer, yes Palmer is playing bad right now but we at least know that he has it in him to be a Pro Bowl elite level QB we have never been able to say that about Smith & I doubt we ever will.

[ Edited by epdavis on Oct 11, 2010 at 14:34:46 ]
Share 49ersWebzone