LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 324 users in the forums

Carson Palmer a Raider Update Pg 48

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Cincy's defense (2nd ranked overall) is carrying the team right now. Their offense isn't very good and Dalton ranks near the bottom in terms of QB rating.

True (about Dalton being low-rated), but the Bengals offense's ranking is not worse than the Palmer-led offense last year. In fact it is doing a better job scoring points (ranking 16th vs. last year's 22nd) while being a smidgen worse in yardage (22nd vs. 20th.)
Palmer had to deal with half his team getting arrested, suspended, fined, ect. He had to have wondered WTF.
SHOULD I PICK HIM UP IN FFL? WILL HE START THIS WEEKEND?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
NICE pickup!
When he was healthy is was excellent. Too many variables to know if it was a good deal. Still, if he plays well the Raiders are nowhere near good enough to make it to the SBowl. How many years does Palmer have left 2-3? And they gave up 2 First round picks! Cinn got the best out of that deal for sure.
I like this trade
Originally posted by valrod33:
I like this trade

Hue Jackson announced it as the great NFL trade ever.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I like this trade

Hue Jackson announced it as the great NFL trade ever.

I dont know about that but a good trade IMO.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Cincy's defense (2nd ranked overall) is carrying the team right now. Their offense isn't very good and Dalton ranks near the bottom in terms of QB rating.

Completely disagree about Dalton. He is right in the middle of QBs with 84.3 rating, right around guys like Vick and Rivers. He has better numbers than Bradford did at the same juncture last year and everyone slobbered him. For all the attention Newton is getting, Dalton has been the superior QB.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Horrible trade for the Raiders. Not that Carson is a bad QB or won't help the the team, but a 1st in 2012 and a 2nd in 2013 is WAAAY too much to give up for him. A 3rd or even possibly a 2nd is the most they should have given up.

They do realize that he hasn't played all season, right? I know he's a vet but he still needs time to get in football shape, learn the offense, get in sync with the players, etc.

Originally posted by Amir:
Horrible trade for the Raiders. Not that Carson is a bad QB or won't help the the team, but a 1st in 2012 and a 2nd in 2013 is WAAAY too much to give up for him. A 3rd or even possibly a 2nd is the most they should have given up.

They do realize that he hasn't played all season, right? I know he's a vet but he still needs time to get in football shape, learn the offense, get in sync with the players, etc.

Mike Brown wouldnt have traded him away for anything less than what he got.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
is mike brown secretly an evil genius?? maybe he knew someone would be desperate to get a qb because of injury during the season. and raiders was his bait! man i thought he was an idiot of an owner... maybe he knows what he is doing after all.

No. If Campbell didn't get injured, this trade doesn't happen. Sounds like Raiders HC Jackson did most of the convincing for Oakland's FO to agree to make this trade. Simply put, Raiders were desperate and there is more high risk than high rewards with this trade. Brown just got lucky someone was foolish enough to offer a 1st and 2nd round pick. Doubt it becomes two first rd picks because Raiders will NOT reach the AFC Championship game this year or next.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
is mike brown secretly an evil genius?? maybe he knew someone would be desperate to get a qb because of injury during the season. and raiders was his bait! man i thought he was an idiot of an owner... maybe he knows what he is doing after all.

No. If Campbell didn't get injured, this trade doesn't happen. Sounds like Raiders HC Jackson did most of the convincing for Oakland's FO to agree to make this trade. Simply put, Raiders were desperate and there is more high risk than high rewards with this trade. Brown just got lucky someone was foolish enough to offer a 1st and 2nd round pick. Doubt it becomes two first rd picks because Raiders will NOT reach the AFC Championship game this year or next.

Most of? He did all the convincing. He was the one who recruited Palmer to USC when Jackson was with USC.
Adam Schefter
No big surprise, but Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer is expected to start Sunday versus the Chiefs.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

The Raiders only need to win a playoff game (which they could do if they meet the Titans or Texans in the playoffs) to lose another 1st round draft pick. Very steep trade terms, IMO.

Regardless of what will happen, the sure winner is Mike Brown. In the worst case, he gets a 1st late round pick for a player he won't have anymore anyway. And he got to punish Palmer financially - according to the report, Palmer would have made more than $12 million this year, but with the trade, he'd only make $2.5 million. The most painful best case's scenario would be for the Palmer-led Raiders to beat his team if they meet in the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone