There are 187 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Taylor Mays traded to the Bengals

Originally posted by Leathaface:
Wasted pick. If he were even half way decent, he'd be starting over M Lewis. I'd love to be wrong, but I'm expecting ZERO impact from him (sucks cuz he's a 2nd round pick).

Hahaha very funny guy I'm hoping this is a joke. This year we upgraded our o-line, next year it's our DB's, specifically Spencer and Lewis.Mays will be starting by London and cracking skulls this year.I'm waiting for the first WOOOO! hit at the stick, this guy is gonna be a star.
Any defensive package Mays would be included in Monday night would be an absolute advantage to Drew Brees, from a match-up (coverage) stand point.

I like Mays and he has all the potential in the world, but this Monday Night is the wrong night to expose him.

[ Edited by verb1der on Sep 18, 2010 at 13:58:44 ]
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Wasted pick. If he were even half way decent, he'd be starting over M Lewis. I'd love to be wrong, but I'm expecting ZERO impact from him (sucks cuz he's a 2nd round pick).

wow...............

double wow

i thinks he made joke

No I think he's cereal.

I just don't think we had the luxury of drafting a guy who everyone knew was horrible in coverage in the 2nd round. It smells like a guy Sing wanted because he heard he can hit people.

We need contribution from a 2nd round pick.

Like Snake said, had we moved up and got Clausen I'd be ecstatic b/c then we'd at least have some semblance of hope in terms of a future QB. This is the only case where not having contribution from a 2nd rounder would be ok...in all other cases, we need a starter or a backup who's gonna play...we're not THAT good, haha.

Even if we got say a slot WR or a depth CB there, I'd take it. Right now Mays isn't even the 3rd S...it's Reggie Smith.

And the idea that a 1st or 2nd round S doesn't start is crazy. I'm sure there are numerous examples...just don't want to dig em out ATM...

I'm still f**king pissed about the Seattle game.
i agree.. I am excited to see Mays play too! Definitely not a wasted pick. Give him some time though.

You really are that smart?????? Ever heard of Plato....Aristotle.....morons!.......And that's all i have to say about that!
Originally posted by elguapo:

You really are that smart?????? Ever heard of Plato....Aristotle.....morons!.......And that's all i have to say about that!

Didn't Mays get an interception in the preseason? Yes I understand it was preseason, but when was the last time Lewis had an interception in the preseason or regular season???? So who is the one that struggles in coverage here?
he needs to get in the game, at least in some special situational plays. We spent a second round pick on him and so he should play.

wow...............

double wow

i thinks he made joke

No I think he's cereal.

I just don't think we had the luxury of drafting a guy who everyone knew was horrible in coverage in the 2nd round. It smells like a guy Sing wanted because he heard he can hit people.

Like Snake said, had we moved up and got Clausen I'd be ecstatic b/c then we'd at least have some semblance of hope in terms of a future QB. This is the only case where not having contribution from a 2nd rounder would be ok...in all other cases, we need a starter or a backup who's gonna play...we're not THAT good, haha.

Even if we got say a slot WR or a depth CB there, I'd take it. Right now Mays isn't even the 3rd S...it's Reggie Smith.

And the idea that a 1st or 2nd round S doesn't start is crazy. I'm sure there are numerous examples...just don't want to dig em out ATM...

You do realize that Singletary wasn't calling the shots on draft day? I mean, this is common knowledge man...and then you topped it off with - Singletary "heard" he can hit hard.

Originally posted by HessianDud:
he needs to get in the game, at least in some special situational plays. We spent a second round pick on him and so he should play.

He needs to sit on the bench and learn, I don't care if he's a 2nd round pick that means nothing.
Originally posted by backontop:
Didn't Mays get an interception in the preseason? Yes I understand it was preseason, but when was the last time Lewis had an interception in the preseason or regular season???? So who is the one that struggles in coverage here?

Last year vs Chicago.
Originally posted by eastbay9erfn:

He fell to the second round... kiper and afew others hand him ranked 2nd overall safety. I think singletary is hard headed as far as giving rookies playtime or credit.. the only reason the lineman started is because our line has been questionable for a long time (aside from bright spots like staley and larry allen )

Actually Kiper had him as the 3rd safety on the board, and most had him as a late 1st round pick by that time.

As for Sing, Crabtree got PT last year as a rookie. It has nothing to do with being a rookie, it has to do with being ready to play.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

wow...............

double wow

i thinks he made joke

No I think he's cereal.

You do realize that Singletary wasn't calling the shots on draft day? I mean, this is common knowledge man...and then you topped it off with - Singletary "heard" he can hit hard.

If you think Singletary has no say in the players he wants you're obviously not paying attention to who we drafted with I dunno, OUR FIRST TWO PICKS.
I thought it was common knowledge that Mays wasn't going to see the field this year. I wasn't a big fan of the pick at the time, but I can see that he has some potential. It took Goldson 3 years before he saw the field and it has taken Reggie Smith 3 years as well before he even started to make in impact in TC.

Add that to the fact that Mays always had questionable coverage skills and you have what we have today.

I also believe Manusky prefers to take is slow with safeties because they play a big part in relaying pre-snap adjustments. In that regard they really have to know the whole defense and not just their own position.

So don't write him off just yet....

-9fA
For those saying "waste of a pick", hesus, it is only Week 2! NFL stars aren't usually born over night.