LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Taylor Mays traded to the Bengals

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by boast:
S Mays shows why most teams didn't want him
S Taylor Mays showed why 31 teams were uninterested in his services on the first play from scrimmage Thursday. As has been the knock on Mays, despite his elite size and speed he found himself out of position and beaten on a deep pass. He eventually committed a pass interference penalty. Bengals RapidReports

yeah i saw a lil bit of that game...that pass inerference would have gone to a TD...I think our coaching staff knows what they are doing...Mays would have never gotten playing time as a Niner...
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by boast:
S Mays shows why most teams didn't want him
S Taylor Mays showed why 31 teams were uninterested in his services on the first play from scrimmage Thursday. As has been the knock on Mays, despite his elite size and speed he found himself out of position and beaten on a deep pass. He eventually committed a pass interference penalty. Bengals RapidReports

yeah i saw a lil bit of that game...that pass inerference would have gone to a TD...I think our coaching staff knows what they are doing...Mays would have never gotten playing time as a Niner...
That was a pretty sweet pass by Collins.

Mays still was beat though.
He was traded?

Did a mod change the thread title or can the TE look into the future?
ESPN AFC North blogger Jamison Hensley confirms that Taylor Mays is currently "penciled in" as the Bengals' strong strong safety.

He'll have to old off Robert Sands, Jeromy Miles, rookie George Iloka, and perhaps Jason Allen, but Mays is apparently atop the depth chart at this point. Despite stiff hips and little playmaking ability, Mays had a high draft grade from the Bengals coming out of USC in 2010. Mays could emerge onto the IDP radar if he wins the job and stays on the field for Cincinnati's nickel packages.

rotoworld.com
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
ESPN AFC North blogger Jamison Hensley confirms that Taylor Mays is currently "penciled in" as the Bengals' strong strong safety.

He'll have to old off Robert Sands, Jeromy Miles, rookie George Iloka, and perhaps Jason Allen, but Mays is apparently atop the depth chart at this point. Despite stiff hips and little playmaking ability, Mays had a high draft grade from the Bengals coming out of USC in 2010. Mays could emerge onto the IDP radar if he wins the job and stays on the field for Cincinnati's nickel packages.

rotoworld.com

good luck to him
i was so excited when we drafted him...i thought he was going to be the next ronnie lott =/ boy was i wrong
Good luck to him - he'll need it.
he isnt that bad guys...

he has great work ethic and physically talented he will probablly succeed he just needs a lot of time and since we already got whitner that year who is still young but already proven why would we need mays to develop?
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i was so excited when we drafted him...i thought he was going to be the next ronnie lott =/ boy was i wrong

You an me both
he should go compete in the Olympics

Share 49ersWebzone