There are 206 users in the forums

Taylor Mays traded to the Bengals

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Wasted pick. If he were even half way decent, he'd be starting over M Lewis. I'd love to be wrong, but I'm expecting ZERO impact from him (sucks cuz he's a 2nd round pick).

wow...............

double wow
Originally posted by susweel:
Wasted pick. If he were even half way decent, he'd be starting over M Lewis. I'd love to be wrong, but I'm expecting ZERO impact from him (sucks cuz he's a 2nd round pick).

wow...............

double wow

i thinks he made joke
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by susweel:

wow...............

double wow

i thinks he made joke

No I think he's cereal.
Originally posted by eastbay9erfn:

He fell to the second round... kiper and afew others hand him ranked 2nd overall safety. I think singletary is hard headed as far as giving rookies playtime or credit.. the only reason the lineman started is because our line has been questionable for a long time (aside from bright spots like staley and larry allen )

look at Oline
...I think singletary is hard headed as far as giving rookies playtime or credit.. the only reason the lineman started is because our line has been questionable for a long time (aside from bright spots like staley and larry allen )

Singletary Plays the guys he thinks give him the best chance to win and that is all there is to it.
Cyber aspirin, please.

This is not Madden football, guys. The kid is not ready. Hopefully, he can learn how to play football this year so he can make a larger contribution next year.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Sep 18, 2010 at 13:23:21 ]

I agree, we could've made some deals to move up 2-10 spots (in exchange for future picks/players) for either Nate Allen or Jimmy Clausen.

And by mid-season we'll have neither a productive/healthy SS nor a QB with NFL mechanics/pocket awareness to save our season. I love Mays, but in reality we kind've 'settled' on him since there was nothing else of a higher value available.

The truth hurts...
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by mayo63:
He should be starting. Lewis is too slow and too slow to react. Mays can make up on alot of things with his speed.

Taylor is still honing his coverage skills. Lewis won't be losing his starting job anytime soon.

He will if he keeps playing like he did last week.
Originally posted by GoGetit:

You do not know football. he's our best prospect.

you don't know football or listen to what's being reported from practices.....Mays is still lacking in coverage. that's a big liability in today's pass happy NFL.

Oh yeah, and Lewis is a coverage God, right? Wrong. Lewis is simply too slow. He is our biggest liability in coverage and only an "in the box" type safety. So he is lacking in the physical department, Mays is lacking in the mental one. Mays can improve, Lewis can't.
Originally posted by 49erWill:

He fell to the second round... kiper and afew others hand him ranked 2nd overall safety. I think singletary is hard headed as far as giving rookies playtime or credit.. the only reason the lineman started is because our line has been questionable for a long time (aside from bright spots like staley and larry allen )

look at Oline

Read the rest of what i said..... "aside from the o-line which as been questionable "

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
...I love Mays, but in reality we kind've 'settled' on him since there was nothing else of a higher value available.

The truth hurts...

Owwwwwieee....

Yep, we did a Tebow on that pick. The was a chance he could be a great player so we took a calculated risk at a need position.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by RDB4216:

you don't know football or listen to what's being reported from practices.....Mays is still lacking in coverage. that's a big liability in today's pass happy NFL.

Oh yeah, and Lewis is a coverage God, right? Wrong. Lewis is simply too slow. He is our biggest liability in coverage and only an "in the box" type safety. So he is lacking in the physical department, Mays is lacking in the mental one. Mays can improve, Lewis can't.

never said Lewis was a coverage god. Mays is an inexperienced rookie. Lewis is not. in time, Mays will take over. that time is not now.

never said Lewis was a coverage god. Mays is an inexperienced rookie. Lewis is not. in time, Mays will take over. that time is not now.

You said Mays is a liability in coverage. So is Lewis. So why not play the guy with more upside and get him some experience? Experience doesn't mean anything if you don't have the physical ability to do anything about it - see Mark Roman.

You said Mays is a liability in coverage. So is Lewis. So why not play the guy with more upside and get him some experience? Experience doesn't mean anything if you don't have the physical ability to do anything about it - see Mark Roman.

Mays is more of a liability and he can still get experience without risking a game.
Share 49ersWebzone