There are 128 users in the forums

Taylor Mays traded to the Bengals

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by mayo63:
He should be starting. Lewis is too slow and too slow to react. Mays can make up on alot of things with his speed.

Taylor is still honing his coverage skills. Lewis won't be losing his starting job anytime soon.

Agreed, at least not this year.
I want to see Mays in there. Lewis just blows.
i hear about every other rookie making big impressions beside mays... whats going on??
ur kinda new so u probally dont know drafting him we knew he was a project he will start later this season or next year for sure he has good work ethic and oysical abilities but his coverage and tackling isnt good he is a work in progress
That's the problem with safeties, 50% are starters (but will be inconsistent at first), 50% of them are projects. Takes three years for them to fully develop into consistent starters.
He is good at tackling on special teams at this point in his career.
You'll probably hear about him the next time we play Seattle.
He made a nice tackle on R. Bush 1 v 1 in the open field.
Dont worry one more concussion for Lewis and he could be done.
He is a project, but he is making plays on ST. Did you see him get Bush stuck in the corner on MNF? It was impressive.

Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
He made a nice tackle on R. Bush 1 v 1 in the open field.

He's gonna be a great player.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Not an easy position to make an instant impact in the NFL for every big play a rookie DB makes he usually gets burned 2 times or more.
It's hard to take the starting SS spot away from a guy like Michael Lewis, who is a seasoned vet. Theres only so much impact you can have playing special teams, unless you're the KR or PR.

Give him a year to fully understand the game, and he will be a beast.
Originally posted by Ajanke:

Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by Ajanke:

WTF. Man.

I am concerned about the concussions myself as well. So is the organization. That's why they restructured his contract in their favor. Hopefully Mays will live up to the hype or at least mine.
Share 49ersWebzone