Originally posted by ninerlegacy:
Originally posted by JoeCool031619:
I was just watching ESPN and Adam Schefter was naming the top five trades he think should happen but probably won't & his #1 was that the 49ers should trade one of our 1st rounders to Carolina for Julius Peppers. He said Carolina needs a 1st round pick & That Sing would light a fire under Peppers and he would resurrect his career with us and would be great addition to our D. Keeping in mind it's probably won't happen, I would personally like to see this trade go down but only if we give them our pick & not Carolinas back b/c it should be a top 10 if they keep playing like they are now. I understand he would need a new deal & we have to sign some other guys but he would be a nice addition. What do you guys think?
I would put the trigger on that trade. I would give them. Kentwan Balmer, Arnez Battle, plus a 3th round pick.
BTW: What the hell is going on with Kentwan Balmer. He has 6 tackles and ZERO sacks this season so far. Scotty M should be on the hot seat big time over this pick anytime now. He would our 1st round pick at the 29th overall spot, and he has been less than silent. Very disappointed in this pick so far.
29. San Francisco (From Colts)- Kentwan Balm
er, DT North Carolina
30. NY Jets (From Packers)- Dustin Keller, TE Purdue
31. NY Giants - Kenny Phillips, S Miami (FL)
1. (32) Miami - Phillip Merling, DE Clemson
2. (33) St. Louis - Donnie Avery
, WR Houston
3. (34) Washington (From Raiders through Falcons) - Devin Thomas, WR Michigan State
4. (35) Kansas City - Brandon Flowers, CB Virginia Tech
5. (36) Green Bay (From Jets) - Jordy Nelson, WR Kansas State
6. (37) Atlanta - Curtis Lofton, LB Oklahoma
7. (38) Seattle (From Ravens) - John Carlson, TE Notre Dame
8. (39) San Francisco - Chilo Rachal
, OG Southern Cal
Maybe we could have taken Avery instead of Balmer but other than that pretty slim pickins. Can't really blame McClaughan except that we probably shouldn't of traded with the Pats in the first place.