There are 247 users in the forums

Adam Schefter "49ers should trade for Peppers"

Shop 49ers game tickets
I was just watching ESPN and Adam Schefter was naming the top five trades he think should happen but probably won't & his #1 was that the 49ers should trade one of our 1st rounders to Carolina for Julius Peppers. He said Carolina needs a 1st round pick & That Sing would light a fire under Peppers and he would resurrect his career with us and would be great addition to our D. Keeping in mind it's probably won't happen, I would personally like to see this trade go down but only if we give them our pick & not Carolinas back b/c it should be a top 10 if they keep playing like they are now. I understand he would need a new deal & we have to sign some other guys but he would be a nice addition. What do you guys think?
Originally posted by JoeCool031619:
I was just watching ESPN and Adam Schefter was naming the top five trades he think should happen but probably won't & his #1 was that the 49ers should trade one of our 1st rounders to Carolina for Julius Peppers. He said Carolina needs a 1st round pick & That Sing would light a fire under Peppers and he would resurrect his career with us and would be great addition to our D. Keeping in mind it's probably won't happen, I would personally like to see this trade go down but only if we give them our pick & not Carolinas back b/c it should be a top 10 if they keep playing like they are now. I understand he would need a new deal & we have to sign some other guys but he would be a nice addition. What do you guys think?

In a heartbeat! I don't think Carolina budges unless they get their own pick back tho. Peppers would be huge. It's obvious that he doesn't want to be in Carolina.

I'd say no at this point because, if after this season Peppers doesn't want to be a Niner, we've wasted a 1st round pick due to him being a free agent. I say we aggressively go after him after free agency opens up.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

I'd say no at this point because, if after this season Peppers doesn't want to be a Niner, we've wasted a 1st round pick due to him being a free agent. I say we aggressively go after him after free agency opens up.

Correct
  • dj43
Can he play offensive guard?
why would we trade a 1st, when the jets got a type A free agent in edwards for a 3rd and a 5th and some scrubs? I really would like peppers, but he isn't worth a first with his lack of production ( just like edwards) and his older age ( unlike edwards)
Originally posted by maximill15:
why would we trade a 1st, when the jets got a type A free agent in edwards for a 3rd and a 5th and some scrubs? I really would like peppers, but he isn't worth a first with his lack of production ( just like edwards) and his older age ( unlike edwards)

this

I think sing would make him produce & our late 1st rounders usually don't pan out so at least we know we're getting a decent player.. But if we'd just let him go at the end of the year I say no. (I'm assuming we have a decent season & have a late pick)

[ Edited by JoeCool031619 on Oct 15, 2009 at 13:10:21 ]

THIS and the fact edwards is in his mid 20's and peppers is 30, hasnt been the same for a few yrs now and how will he be going to a defense he never played in his whole career dating back to his unc days. i dont want to feel as if we gave carolina a free 2nd rd pick this past yr if we give them a 1st rd pick.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

I think sing would make him produce & our late 1st rounders usually don't pan out so at least we know we're getting a decent player.. But if we'd just let him go at the end of the year I say no. (I'm assuming we have a decent season & have a late pick)

that's what makes me not want to do it, Sing can do all he wants but the dude is getting up there in age and giving up a 1st is too much. I'd give em a 2nd but not any of our 1st rounders...
the dude is only 29, i say we should go for it
this thread is about to blow up.....page 25 in T minus 3 days!
There is no way in hell we would trade a 1st for Peppers. We are only going to have him for half the season? Maybe for a 3rd or 4th rounds pick but certainly not a 1st.
I don't think we should pay anyone 16 million a year like he's getting now unless their names Peyton Manning.
Share 49ersWebzone