There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Why do i have a feeling that this is the player Baalke n company LOVE........the other day when they interviewed Baalke n he said he was quite sure the player they love would most likely be there made me think that it might be Silatolu he really hasnt been talked about being a 1st round pick & for what ive heard he is coming out with more upside than when Iupati came out back in 10'

i hope its Fleener but this pick is more likely than any other high coveted players that are slotted in the 1st round

If they weren't blowing smoke, I feel pretty sure it's either Silatolu or Zeitler. The only other thought that his comments I feel would apply to is a RB, such as Wilson, Martin, or Miller. But if they WERE blowing smoke, well heck it's anyone's guess then. Could be OL, DL, WR, CB, OLB or RB.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If they weren't blowing smoke, I feel pretty sure it's either Silatolu or Zeitler. The only other thought that his comments I feel would apply to is a RB, such as Wilson, Martin, or Miller. But if they WERE blowing smoke, well heck it's anyone's guess then. Could be OL, DL, WR, CB, OLB or RB.

no TE (fleener) huh
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

no TE (fleener) huh

Or TE. But honestly, I think someone else will try to nab Fleener way ahead of us. See him going 29th or higher.
The San Francisco 49ers could consider taking Midwestern State OG Amini Silatolu with their first-round draft choice in the 2012 NFL Draft. Silatolu met with 49ers offensive line coaches Mike Solari and Tim Drevno earlier this week Silatolu is the best small school prospect in this year's draft class. He's big, strong, agile and plays with an intense mean streak. Teams like the Steelers and Ravens could have an interest in Silatolu as a first-round pick too.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/...s.php?team=sfo

Really wouldn't be surprised if this is our guy. Him or Zeitler... I'm a little worried about Silatolu at 30 though... maybe if we traded down and got an extra 3rd. I'll trust the front office though.

Here is a 12 minute highlight video for him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y1vMglvFlE

Looks like he could get a lot stronger... his body looks a bit soft and slow. Hope they did their homework if they take him because watching that video the NFL will be 10 times faster than the play on that video.

Edit: 5K THE HARD WAY!
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 23, 2012 at 1:44 AM ]
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I dont like that report that he's slow
Originally posted by PSYKO5:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Dude is good, but I wouldn't take him in the 1st. Would be nasty having him and Iupati manning the interior.

What's crazy is that I found out he's my friend's cousin.

is ur friend samoan?

yup

too many samoans in one place is not good.... j/k. My best friends wife's first cousin actually married Iupati last summer. lol. true story.

Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/division-ii-lineman-could-be-ready-to-play-on-sundays-vn4vq5c-148206475.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Some chatter on Silatolu FWIW

Thus, teams have been digging into Silatolu through interviews and workouts. Other than a bar fight and numerous on-field scrapes with teammates and opponents (scouts relish his temperament), the main concern seems to center on Silatolu's mental capabilities.

"His interview with us was as bad as I've ever seen," one personnel man said. "He had no communication skills. We watched a little tape with him and he couldn't tell you one thing that they did."

Other teams described Silatolu as extremely aggressive on the field and extremely laid-back off it.

"We thought he was just going to be a complete and utter disaster, but he was actually OK," another scout said. "He's had some issues, but I like his personality and how he handles himself."

More on him =

04/02/2012 - NFL DRAFT SCOUT TOP OFFENSIVE LINEMEN: Amini Silatolu, Midwestern State, 6-4, 311...Coming out of West Tracy (Calif.) High School as a two-way football star, he stopped at San Juoquin Delta Community College to improve his grades in an attempt to play for Boise State and earned juco All-American honors in 2008. But after missing the 2009 season due to academic ineligibility, he still could not play at Nevada, so Silatolu settled on little Midwestern State College in Wichita Falls, Texas, where he was a dominant left tackle. Last season he became the first MSU player ever to earn a Division II consensus All-American honor. He finished second in voting for the Gene Upshaw Award for top D-II linemen. And he was the first MSU player invited to the Senior Bowl, but once again was disappointed as he pulled a hamstring and was unable to take part. His performance at the combine didn't live up to his play at MSU, so opinions on his pro potential are as varied as the path he has taken to get this far. But when finally given a chance he has been outstanding at every level so somebody will certainly see if he can do the same in the NFL. - Frank Cooney, The Sports Xchange

==

Really not thrilled with him. I would much rather have Glenn/Zeitler in the 1st or Osemele in the 2nd.

He went to my High School, so that's kind of neat. Sorry guys I never had a chance to see him play, as class of 99 I was long gone by the time he was there.

Go Merrill F. West High Wolfpack!!!!!!
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Apr 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM ]
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Why do i have a feeling that this is the player Baalke n company LOVE........the other day when they interviewed Baalke n he said he was quite sure the player they love would most likely be there made me think that it might be Silatolu he really hasnt been talked about being a 1st round pick & for what ive heard he is coming out with more upside than when Iupati came out back in 10'

i hope its Fleener but this pick is more likely than any other high coveted players that are slotted in the 1st round

pretty much the only one's that know is Baalke n company bout the pick.........the closer we get to the draft the more lilkely i see them taking a player that we will really surprised about ALA Aldon Smith
Originally posted by toeshawn:

He sure doesn't look slow in that video. Maybe not alot of straigh line speed, but he was pretty nimble on his feet and MAULING people when pulling.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by toeshawn:

He sure doesn't look slow in that video. Maybe not alot of straigh line speed, but he was pretty nimble on his feet and MAULING people when pulling.

That was bad wording. I was referring to the scout saying he couldn't articulate what happened on film.
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
We Should Draft This Guy!!!
i dont want him at 30 but i wouldnt mind trading up in the 2nd for him
"Several sources" tell SI's Tony Pauline that the 49ers have their sights set on Midwestern State OG Amini Silatolu at the No. 30 pick.

The Niners have had success with small-school tackle-to-guard conversions, specifically LG Mike Iupati. Silatolu would fit San Francisco's mentality on the offensive line as a brute mauler with deceptively impressive athleticism. He would likely compete for the starting job at right guard, replacing Adam Snyder.
Since there is a very good chance were getting him how are his pass blocking skills I already know about run blocking
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
"Several sources" tell SI's Tony Pauline that the 49ers have their sights set on Midwestern State OG Amini Silatolu at the No. 30 pick.

The Niners have had success with small-school tackle-to-guard conversions, specifically LG Mike Iupati. Silatolu would fit San Francisco's mentality on the offensive line as a brute mauler with deceptively impressive athleticism. He would likely compete for the starting job at right guard, replacing Adam Snyder.

Iupati played OG in college...and Idaho isn't that small of a school.

The Niners have had success with small-school tackle-to-guard conversions, specifically LG Mike Iupati. Silatolu would fit San Francisco's mentality on the offensive line as a brute mauler with deceptively impressive athleticism. He would likely compete for the starting job at right guard, replacing Adam Snyde

http://rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?rw=1

kind of hope we go get a wr instead of drafting an offensive lineman because 9ers have spent past few drafts getting oline with first/second round picks.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home