LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 197 users in the forums

Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State

Now that we are a week into free agency, we have a clearer picture as to what our needs will be heading into the draft. RG has emerged as one of our greatest needs, and this guy is an intriguing prospect who might be around when we pick in the 2nd. What do you guys think of him?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Now that we are a week into free agency, we have a clearer picture as to what our needs will be heading into the draft. RG has emerged as one of our greatest needs, and this guy is an intriguing prospect who might be around when we pick in the 2nd. What do you guys think of him?

I think he is a lock for us in the 2nd. I'd love it if we ended up with him, seeing how I heard the original rumor last year of Kilgore being the "center of the future" for us I would think we need a real stud for a long term answer at RG.
Sporting News draft guru Russ Lande has a top-32 grade on Midwestern State G/T Amini Silatolu and expects the small-school star to be a first-round pick.

Lande goes so far as to say Silatolu will "likely" be drafted on day one. Lande projects Silatolu to guard in the NFL, but points to his "violent" and "aggressive" hands with "exceptional instincts and football awareness" as reasons to believe Silatolu can be an impact interior blocker. The 49ers, Ravens, and Texans could all use guard help at the end of round one.

He anything like Iupati?
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
He anything like Iupati?

Small school left tackle. quick off ball. Best suited power running game.
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
He anything like Iupati?

Small school left tackle. quick off ball. Best suited power running game.

cool. i was going to ask if he played tackle in college because tackles at small schools project better as guards.
Anyone have his height/weight, measurables?
Originally posted by kronik:
Anyone have his height/weight, measurables?

Lindys lists him at 6-3, 324 40yd- 5.42. Pfw--6-31/2, 312 40yd 5.46. arm 331/4,hand 10,age23
Getting him in the 2nd would be incredible.
I like him over a number of others projected to go in rds 2-4. Baalke won't let the fact he played at Midwestern St deter him from picking the guy, which I really like. I'd be very happy with him at RG.

I think he is sub par when it comes to foot speed and technique.

And as far as strength goes, I wasn't that impressed with him. He is a pretty raw prospect by the looks of it.
He's been climbing up boards into the mid second. Some say, he may be a fringe 1st/2nd. Seems to be perfectly suited to pull and he's nasty!

How does he compare with Osemele? They both seem to have the same kind of attributes. It's that Osemele played in Iowa St. VS a small school. Eh, Iupati came from Idaho in the first so the small school thing is nothing more than where he came from.
[ Edited by ninertico on Mar 26, 2012 at 2:30 PM ]
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Sounds like a mixture of Amir, Aman and Arminini. No thanks, dont want.
Originally posted by ninertico:
He's been climbing up boards into the mid second. Some say, he may be a fringe 1st/2nd. Seems to be perfectly suited to pull and he's nasty!

How does he compare with Osemele? They both seem to have the same kind of attributes. It's that Osemele played in Iowa St. VS a small school. Eh, Iupati came from Idaho in the first so the small school thing is nothing more than where he came from.

IMO Osemele grades out as a slightly better prospect in just about every category.

Mad Dog has Osemele at #47 and and Silatolu at #52.
Originally posted by Amir:
Sounds like a mixture of Amir, Aman and Arminini. No thanks, dont want.

i believe his middle name is me...amini me silitolu
Share 49ersWebzone