There are 153 users in the forums

Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State

"Several sources" tell SI's Tony Pauline that the 49ers have their sights set on Midwestern State OG Amini Silatolu at the No. 30 pick.

The Niners have had success with small-school tackle-to-guard conversions, specifically LG Mike Iupati. Silatolu would fit San Francisco's mentality on the offensive line as a brute mauler with deceptively impressive athleticism. He would likely compete for the starting job at right guard, replacing Adam Snyder. Apr 24 - 10:56 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7501/amini-silatolu
We might be able to trade back a few picks and get him. But if Baalke takes him at 30 I won't complain.
Logical pick but I kinda want a shiny new toy
I wouldn't complain about this pick, but I just don't like the idea that they would already be replacing a guy, Kilgore, who they traded up for last year, before he even had a chance to prove himself (the guy looked like he had a mean streak last year).
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Apr 25, 2012 at 7:33 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
We might be able to trade back a few picks and get him. But if Baalke takes him at 30 I won't complain.

It's going to be him or Zeitler.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 25, 2012 at 7:31 AM ]
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I wouldn't complain about this pick, but I just don't like the idea that they would already be replacing a guy, Kilgore, who they traded up for last year, before he even had a chance to prove himself (the guy looked like he had a mean streak last year).

Kilgore can take over center next year for Goodwin.
I saw a post/blog/rumor somewhere that Silatolu at 6-2/320 can dunk a basketball....on a 10' basket. LOL. I would say thats pretty good athleticism to go with the mean streak. I would love some great skills position guy, but its clear, if you have the big maulers, any of us can go play RB and get positive yards. One of the best things in football, is when you run the ball, and your RBs arent getting touched until they are 5 yards down field...and the Def cant stop you from doing it. It crushes the other team fast.
Originally posted by mayo49:
It's going to be him or Zeitler.

I want one or the other AND Janoris Jenkins. I'm praying he slides far enough for the 49ers to trade up in the second to get him! I know I'm dreaming but its not out of the realm of possibility. Zeitler and Jenkings would be a sweet haul!
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

Kilgore can take over center next year for Goodwin.

Works for me. The chatter immediately after the Kilgore pick was that he was going to be groomed as a center.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
this guy works for me he fills a void on the line, we must draft him

I'd be happy with the pick. Dude is a mauler.

Pretty sure Niner Talk will explode with threads that start with "WHO?!?!"
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I'd be happy with the pick. Dude is a mauler.

Pretty sure Niner Talk will explode with threads that start with "WHO?!?!"

I don't think it will be that bad. It won't be like last year where there was no "Aldon Smith" thread at all leading up to the draft.
i'd be down wiht the pick but i do think they could get him or a guard comparable in the 2nd round
Originally posted by lamontb:
i'd be down wiht the pick but i do think they could get him or a guard comparable in the 2nd round

Although I like Silatolu, I think we can actually get Osemele with our 2nd.

We'll see how it goes.
f**k it, lets shore up the line

Staley
Iupati
Goodwin
Silatolu
Davis

Killgore or Person will eventually take over for Goodwin
Share 49ersWebzone