There are 208 users in the forums

Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
IMO Osemele grades out as a slightly better prospect in just about every category.

Mad Dog has Osemele at #47 and and Silatolu at #52.

I'm starting to see him overtake Osemele on some draft boards on the Net. It's seems though, Osemele has more experience with calling out blitzes, too. Very smart kid. Silatolu seems like he would need more coaching and would take a bit more time, but higher ceiling maybe?

Also, I think both these cats along with Zeitler will be gone by #61. Also, I think the top RBs will be gone by then, too. We may have to jump up a bit in the second to land one of the better guards or RBs in the draft. I just don't see them falling given the needs of the teams ahead of us in the second. I can see CB and DT and maybe even OLB. WR maybe to early for someone like M. Jones or B. Quick for example.

Would love to land this guy or Osemele. Just don't think either one will be there when we pick at #61.
[ Edited by ninertico on Mar 27, 2012 at 11:03 AM ]
Originally posted by ninertico:
I'm starting to see him overtake Osemele on some draft boards on the Net. It's seems though, Osemele has more experience with calling out blitzes, too. Very smart kid. Silatolu seems like he would need more coaching and would take a bit more time, but higher ceiling maybe?

Also, I think both these cats along with Zeitler will be gone by #61. Also, I think the top RBs will be gone by then, too. We may have to jump up a bit in the second to land one of the better guards or RBs in the draft. I just don't see them falling given the needs of the teams ahead of us in the second. I can see CB and DT and maybe even OLB. WR maybe to early for someone like M. Jones or B. Quick for example.

Would love to land this guy or Osemele. Just don't think either one will be there when we pick at #61.

Couldn't agree more! I'd be happy with either one of them. But looks like we'll have to navigate into the mid 2nd round to grab Zeitler, Osemele or Silatolu. Niners don't have a lot of holes to plug so we have flexiblity.

But I guarantee you that we'll end up picking one of the top 5 rated guards in this draft. It's simply a must.
^ yup and ^^ yup
I watched his highlights. Looks a little raw. Quick feet. Plays "violently" to say the least. Some of those throws look UFCish. I'm not too concerned that he is from a small school. If he is anything like Iupati than count me in.Gotta support the islanders on the gridiron.
Dude is good, but I wouldn't take him in the 1st. Would be nasty having him and Iupati manning the interior.

What's crazy is that I found out he's my friend's cousin.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Dude is good, but I wouldn't take him in the 1st. Would be nasty having him and Iupati manning the interior.

is ur friend samoan?
Originally posted by TlSSER:

is ur friend samoan?

yup
looking at the film matt barrows posted friday, this guy moves really well, im not so sure he couldnt play left tackle in the nfl...he reminds me a bit of derreck deese, another tackle who wasnt the standard 6-4 or taller

someone questioned why he choose to play in the lone star conference, and i read that silatlou signed with Nevada out of J.C. (Delta in Stockton), but couldnt get eligible academically
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Sporting News draft guru Russ Lande has a top-32 grade on Midwestern State G/T Amini Silatolu and expects the small-school star to be a first-round pick.

Lande goes so far as to say Silatolu will "likely" be drafted on day one. Lande projects Silatolu to guard in the NFL, but points to his "violent" and "aggressive" hands with "exceptional instincts and football awareness" as reasons to believe Silatolu can be an impact interior blocker. The 49ers, Ravens, and Texans could all use guard help at the end of round one.

Yes. But not in round 1. I don't want some guy from Midwestern State in round 1. Round 2 or 3 ok.
Originally posted by TlSSER:

is ur friend samoan?

yup

too many samoans in one place is not good.... j/k. My best friends wife's first cousin actually married Iupati last summer. lol. true story.

• DVDA
  • Veteran
I had a dream we drafted him with our first pick... If the picks before ours are defensive tackle and corner back then I can see the future in my sleep.
Had a third round grade on him before the combine. Still have a third round grade on him.
Originally posted by ninertico:
He's been climbing up boards into the mid second. Some say, he may be a fringe 1st/2nd. Seems to be perfectly suited to pull and he's nasty!

How does he compare with Osemele? They both seem to have the same kind of attributes. It's that Osemele played in Iowa St. VS a small school. Eh, Iupati came from Idaho in the first so the small school thing is nothing more than where he came from.

Yea Iupati go to idaho state.
[ Edited by stonecold590 on Apr 16, 2012 at 8:39 PM ]
Right now, I have him projected to the Giants at 32. Seems to have a lot of momentum behind him now, and appears to be a top 50 lock. Would not be surprised at all if the Niners pulled the trigger on him at 30.
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Didnt Iupati go to Utah?

Idaho.
Share 49ersWebzone