LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 274 users in the forums

Boxing or Soccer?

Boxing or Soccer?

I prefer boccer over soxing.

They should combine the two sports. Feet for kicking balls only, hands for punching only. Points only for goals, but opponents can KO as many players as needed. The winner can win off points, or if all opposing players have been knocked out.
I'm Mexican so both
I think boxing requires more stamina and is more tiring when they are boxing. The breaks between round definitely help though. Over a 12 round fight and a fighter who throws a lot of punches I think you will feel a lot more exhausted than a soccer game.
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
I think boxing requires more stamina and is more tiring when they are boxing. The breaks between round definitely help though. Over a 12 round fight and a fighter who throws a lot of punches I think you will feel a lot more exhausted than a soccer game.

You've played and experienced both, or are you just guessing?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I've experienced both and I can confirm that what he said is in fact true.

I've boxed, played football, basketball, and soccer.

Boxing is easily the most tiring
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:

Maybe you just sucked at that one more lol

I've played soccer as a teen at an elite level, competing in state and regional tournaments against some of the top teams in the country. I played midfielder too so that sucked cause you do run a whole lot but I've done the light sparring at the time I was at my peak conditioning shape and I would get more tired from the sparring than I would from soccer. Granted I was throwing a lot of punches but I also think it was a combination of also being hit that takes a toll on the body too.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I'll start off by saying - the two sports are so different - it's kinda silly to compare them.

I've played a lot of soccer and haven't boxed more than couple of lessons here and there for fun. So...I can't speak which is tougher or requires more stamina.

But, if we're comparing which is tougher to be elite at...I think it's gotta be soccer due to it's popularity. How many kids box in the World? The competition alone in soccer puts it on another level to make it to the pros...imho.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by YungAce:
I'm Mexican so both

dafuq! For real? I thought u were asian.
Originally posted by Janitor:

Boxing is actually what I'm best at.

I'm an amtuar mma fighter hoping to go pro someday, so I speak from experience.

No bias, I honestly believe boxing requires the most endurance, just from my personal experience playing these 2 sports

No bias, I honestly believe boxing requires the most endurance, just from my personal experience playing these 2 sports

You're opinion is in fact biased. You've experienced both and for you one is more tiring than the others. That doesn't make it a fact, but it does make it so for you.

It seems you started this thread to ask opinions of others, yet have no desire to believe any opinion other than your own. What was the point of starting the thread, then?
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Aug 6, 2015 at 8:30 PM ]

You're opinion is in fact biased. You've experienced both and for you one is more tiring than the others. That doesn't make it a fact, but it does make it so for you.

It seems you started this thread to ask opinions of others, yet have no desire to believe any opinion other than your own. What was the point of starting the thread, then?

I'm not the only one claiming boxing is the most tiring. Read the other posts. And it's a debate, I'm not forced to agree with anyone, it's just my opinion. But I'm open to hearing others thoughts. I was just curious to see where people stood, because me and my friend couldn't reach a conclusion in our debate. You don't need to take part in this discussion. After all, it is my thread, not yours.

I'm not the only one claiming boxing is the most tiring. Read the other posts. And it's a debate, I'm not forced to agree with anyone, it's just my opinion. But I'm open to hearing others thoughts. I was just curious to see where people stood, because me and my friend couldn't reach a conclusion in our debate. You don't need to take part in this discussion. After all, it is my thread, not yours.

I'm fully aware I don't need to take part in the discussion, but thank you for assuming I didn't know that. All I did was ask you a question. Why did you get so defensive and possessive about it? lol

I'm fully aware I don't need to take part in the discussion, but thank you for assuming I didn't know that. All I did was ask you a question. Why did you get so defensive and possessive about it? lol

Its obvious you asked in a condescending way. But it's cool. I'm not upset. Let's just proceed with the debate

I've played soccer as a teen at an elite level, competing in state and regional tournaments against some of the top teams in the country. I played midfielder too so that sucked cause you do run a whole lot but I've done the light sparring at the time I was at my peak conditioning shape and I would get more tired from the sparring than I would from soccer. Granted I was throwing a lot of punches but I also think it was a combination of also being hit that takes a toll on the body too.

Good input
Share 49ersWebzone