LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 338 users in the forums

Boxing or Soccer?

Boxing or Soccer?

Originally posted by SoCold:
elite at?

I think you need to be a little crazy to become elite at boxing.

I think soccer is easier for anyone to do.

so Boxing

Agreed
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
I picked boxing based on stamina and risk factor.

Ya stamina is key here.. some ppl dont realize how exhausting boxing f**king is..
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:

Just to clarify, the poll isint which sport do you like more, the question is which sport do you believe is more difficult? Which sport is harder to learn and be elite at?

[ Edited by 4everFaithful on Mar 26, 2016 at 9:23 AM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran

Ya stamina is key here.. some ppl dont realize how exhausting boxing f**king is..
Any sport where you exert yourself and have contact is harder physically than a non contact sport. Also there are hordes of people who could not box because of their mental make up, where as playing soccer eliminates no one on a mental level. I have seen people lose their mind and writhe in pain from a small wood splinter, those people could not box, but they could play soccer.
Originally posted by BobS:

Any sport where you exert yourself and have contact is harder physically than a non contact sport. Also there are hordes of people who could not box because of their mental make up, where as playing soccer eliminates no one on a mental level. I have seen people lose their mind and writhe in pain from a small wood splinter, those people could not box, but they could play soccer.

Very true
[ Edited by 4everFaithful on Mar 26, 2016 at 10:50 AM ]

Complete nonsense.
I'll add more, boxing and soccer would go hand in hand as they both need endurance, boxing helps soccer in the abdominal excercises and soccer helps boxing in the balancing light footed excercises, they complement each other in that way.
[ Edited by 4x4niner on Mar 26, 2016 at 9:25 PM ]
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

Very true

No it isnt, it is absolutely false
Originally posted by Janitor:

Very true

No it isnt, it is absolutely false

I'm not saying this to be a dick or act cool, its a geniune question, have you boxed before? Gonna assume you play soccer, I'm familiar with both sports as I grew up playing soccer and I currently train MMA, im a muay thai based fighter, I can assure you from my personal experience that boxing is much more exhausting, and getting hit only makes you more tired. Just my opinion though, I respectfully disagree.
[ Edited by 4everFaithful on Mar 27, 2016 at 4:52 AM ]

Football (Soccer) in a landslide...

Modern Boxing has no redeemable features.

Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:

Football (Soccer) in a landslide...

Modern Boxing has no redeemable features.

False, but Ronaldinho was a beast
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
The best soccer player can be on a bad team and never win a world championship.

The best boxer gets his.

Boxing 1, Soccer 0

A soccer player might sprint 3/4 of a mile and jog 3 miles, depending on position.

A boxer has to move, hit, and can get hit in the head or body for 36 minutes.

After walking into a body jab with my liver one time:

Boxing 2, Soccer 0

Women

Boxing 2, Soccer 4
[ Edited by BenQ on Mar 27, 2016 at 6:14 PM ]
Originally posted by BenQ:
The best soccer player can be on a bad team and never win a world championship.

The best boxer gets his.

Boxing 1, Soccer 0

A soccer player might sprint 3/4 of a mile and jog 3 miles, depending on position.

A boxer has to move, hit, and can get hit in the head or body for 36 minutes.

After walking into a body jab with my liver one time:

Boxing 2, Soccer 0

Women

Boxing 2, Soccer 4

Body shots are the worst.. s**t hurts
Boxing. Harder to beat someone up then kick a ball in a goal.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Boxing. Harder to beat someone up then kick a ball in a goal.
Kicking technique beats boxing technique just ask Yip man, oh thats right hes dead. We all know Bruce Lee was the greatest..BUT... Yip Kai-mon was not impressed with his show off student, Yip the greatest kick martial artist of the 20th century would even s**t on Cassius Clay in his prime and would crap on all the ufc fighters of today and if Yip had a career in soccer he would s**t on beckham, renaldo, pele and all the soccer greats.
[ Edited by 4x4niner on Mar 27, 2016 at 10:11 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone