There are 226 users in the forums

Boxing or Soccer?

Boxing or Soccer?

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Keep in mind that each soccer player is assigned a particular position. They aren't running the whole time. With exception to maybe the midfielders.

As a boxer you are your whole team. You never stop moving.

IF that's what you think playing soccer is like, then I can tell you have no idea what it takes to play the game.

I played for 6 years.

I guess that's why you only lasted 6 years. I've been playing for over 30 years. Ain't no standing around on 1 part of the field taking a break during the game. lol

Lol. Once I moved to America I began playing football. Then eventually began boxing. I'm not saying it isn't tiring to play soccer. But you are not running the entire time. That's a fact.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
How about combining the two..then cover the field with ice ?

According to the article I posted on the first page of the thread, they had boxing ranked 1 and hockey ranked 2 in terms of the most physically demanding sports.
Keep in mind that each soccer player is assigned a particular position. They aren't running the whole time. With exception to maybe the midfielders.

IF that's what you think playing soccer is like, then I can tell you have no idea what it takes to play the game.

I played for 6 years.

I guess that's why you only lasted 6 years. I've been playing for over 30 years. Ain't no standing around on 1 part of the field taking a break during the game. lol

Lol. Once I moved to America I began playing football. Then eventually began boxing. I'm not saying it isn't tiring to play soccer. But you are not running the entire time. That's a fact.

Yeah, and in boxing you aren't punching or being punched the entire time. Sometimes you're just standing there hugging the other guy. That's also fact. lol

I played for 6 years.

Yeah, and in boxing you aren't punching or being punched the entire time. Sometimes you're just standing there hugging the other guy. That's also fact. lol

True, but how fast does the ref break you up?
I'm not putting down soccer by any means. I love the sport, it is a big part of my country. But I disagree with the notion that it requires more endurance to play soccer than it does to box.
I'm not putting down soccer by any means. I love the sport, it is a big part of my country. But I disagree with the notion that it requires more endurance to play soccer than it does to box.

Lol to each his own brotha
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Soccer players run an average of 6-8 miles a game FYI. And at the higher levels of the game most players maintain a jog at almost all times.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
equally boring

but at least in boxing, there's a slight chance that someone will get knocked the fk out. And who doesn't love that?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
equally boring

but at least in boxing, there's a slight chance that someone will get knocked the fk out. And who doesn't love that?

Just to clarify, the poll isint which sport do you like more, the question is which sport do you believe is more difficult? Which sport is harder to learn and be the elite at?

equally boring

Just to clarify, the poll isint which sport do you like more, the question is which sport do you believe is more difficult? Which sport is harder to learn and be the elite at?

Just to clarify, more often than not Chaz is just going to troll so don't get too caught up on it
Originally posted by vrabbit:
equally boring

Just to clarify, more often than not Chaz is just going to troll so don't get too caught up on it

Lol thanks for the input
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
equally boring

i believe boxing is more difficult. sure anyone can throw a punch, besides vrabbit. But it's a whole different ballpark when the punching bag starts hitting back. Not to mention that it's one on one, no one is there to help you out.
equally boring

i believe boxing is more difficult. sure anyone can throw a punch, besides vrabbit. But it's a whole different ballpark when the punching bag starts hitting back. Not to mention that it's one on one, no one is there to help you out.

I agree
Never soccer. So, we miss you Cus D'Amato.
Share 49ersWebzone