LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Boxing or Soccer?

Boxing or Soccer?

• lazy
  • Veteran
I like both.
Define elite?

The elite fighters are Mayweather, Paqcuiao Marquez ETC.

Those type of fighters are very rare. They have something special that really can't be developed. You are born with it.

The gym's I go to are filled with good fighters. Some only make $800 dollars per fight.

Elite also has to do with marketability.

Broner is really a B type fighter that has marketability and makes (made) people believe he was elite.
I picked boxing based on stamina and risk factor.
You could replace boxing with any sport in the world and the answer to your question still wouldn't be soccer.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Jul 28, 2015 at 1:10 PM ]
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I cannot believe that soccer is losing in this poll

They're barely even comparable. Soccer is like a marathon with unbelievable skill involved for ball control and such. In boxing somebody is literally trying to beat your brains in while you are trying to beat there's in at the same time.

Boxing is more than just trying to beat someone's brain in. It's a chess game. It demands more than just punching someone. It requires footwork, head movement, core, lower body, back, shoulders, the list goes on and on. 1 Rd of boxing is more exhausting than 1 Half of soccer.

I was right there with you until the last sentence.

They're barely even comparable. Soccer is like a marathon with unbelievable skill involved for ball control and such. In boxing somebody is literally trying to beat your brains in while you are trying to beat there's in at the same time.

Boxing is more than just trying to beat someone's brain in. It's a chess game. It demands more than just punching someone. It requires footwork, head movement, core, lower body, back, shoulders, the list goes on and on. 1 Rd of boxing is more exhausting than 1 Half of soccer.

THIS

Ya I was exaggerating a bit. But I do believe 3rds of boxing is near the equivalent of 1 half of soccer. For anyone who has ever boxed they would understand. It is MUCH more exhausting than it looks.

Ya I was exaggerating a bit. But I do believe 3rds of boxing is near the equivalent of 1 half of soccer. For anyone who has ever boxed they would understand. It is MUCH more exhausting than it looks.

not really. most boxers, and even MMA fighters, always gas out. you rarely see guys in boxing able to go 12 rounds like Flloyd for example. on top of that, you have breaks every 3 min in boxing. for the most part soccer is 45 straight minutes, a 15 min break, followed by 45 or more straight minutes.

i think it's harder to become a good / great boxer, but you need better endurance in soccer.

Boxing is unbelievably exhausting. I remember just boxing in the backyard as a kids with the gloves and thinking I was gonna die and my buddy's dad would be like "you've only been going 2 minutes!" lol

But they aren't even comparable. If you had to compare them, it would be like the 400 meter hurdles against a marathon. 2 totally different athletes.
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:

not really. most boxers, and even MMA fighters, always gas out. you rarely see guys in boxing able to go 12 rounds like Flloyd for example. on top of that, you have breaks every 3 min in boxing. for the most part soccer is 45 straight minutes, a 15 min break, followed by 45 or more straight minutes.

i think it's harder to become a good / great boxer, but you need better endurance in soccer.

Boxing is unbelievably exhausting. I remember just boxing in the backyard as a kids with the gloves and thinking I was gonna die and my buddy's dad would be like "you've only been going 2 minutes!" lol

But they aren't even comparable. If you had to compare them, it would be like the 400 meter hurdles against a marathon. 2 totally different athletes.

Keep in mind that each soccer player is assigned a particular position. They aren't running the whole time. With exception to maybe the midfielders.

As a boxer you are your whole team. You never stop moving.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
depends how badly i want to get some Zzzzzs
How about combining the two..then cover the field with ice ?
Keep in mind that each soccer player is assigned a particular position. They aren't running the whole time. With exception to maybe the midfielders.

IF that's what you think playing soccer is like, then I can tell you have no idea what it takes to play the game.

IF that's what you think playing soccer is like, then I can tell you have no idea what it takes to play the game.

I played for 6 years.

I played for 6 years.

I guess that's why you only lasted 6 years. I've been playing for over 30 years. Ain't no standing around on 1 part of the field taking a break during the game. lol
Share 49ersWebzone