There are 67 users in the forums

Don't look now but the media hype is back

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
It'll go away after the 1-6 start.

Damn, I totally misread that.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by synigod:
How about if you lived through the Dennis Erickson era. yeah......... No bandwagon here.

I lived through the Erickson, Nolan, Singletary, Harbaugh, Tomsula, and Kelly era, plus Mooch era(that was a good era despite no title), became a fan in 94 when I was 10.

I became a fan in 89 when I was 8. My brother was a raiders and giants fan and I decided I would pick the other bay area team. I've been a fan of the niners, sharks, warriors and athletics ever since. I didn't really understand the game until later around 2000 when I picked up a book about football.
Bucky Brooks just showed tremendous love towards the 49ers with what they did in the draft. He showed the defense some love, but he was most hyped about the offense. Talked about Kyle Shanahan adding Deebo Samuel and Jalen Hurd. Called Samuel a young explosive Pierre Garcon and Hurd the ultimate Swiss Army Knife. Talked about how Jimmy Garoppolo now has weapons around him. Brooks said that the 49ers will be a playoff team this season. His prediction rocked the set of crew mates.
How about if you lived through the Dennis Erickson era. yeah......... No bandwagon here.

Those were dreadful days.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Sourball:
If it doesn't kill you it only makes your hate for the Seahawks stronger.
Growing up watching Walsh and Seifert trample over the pretenders and wanna be's of the NFL, I thought that 49er championships were a birthright. Reality knocked me on my behind........... Oh how the Mighty have fallen.

It will make us cherish it that much more when we win #6.

Me too. I took it all for granted. I just thought we would win forever and ever lol. When we lost that Super Bowl, I couldn't believe it. It was like the birthright had be taken away.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by English:

TDon and Erickson. Didnt get any worse than that.

Fuk no. Go back a little further, the Joe Thomas era. This team was so 'rock bottom' that Thomas went through the headquarters and had the employees throw out every bit of memorabilia from the time before he was hired. That was the lowest time in my fanhood.

Thomas was crazy. How he snookered Eddie into hiring him is a

The drop off from the Monte Clark years to the Ken Meyer/Pete McCulley days rivals the Harbaugh/Tomsula fiasco.

The good news was that Bill Clark was only two years away.

It was before my time, but didn't Joe Thomas get credit for building or helping build the Miami Dolphins as well as the last good Baltimore Colts teams? Based on the resume, I can see why he was hired. And unfortunately, Eddie didn't know enough to realize Thomas was running the team into the ground (a number 1 pick for a running back over the age of 30?)
Originally posted by BlackGoat49:

God it sickens me how many fans hate this regime, they probably miss Donahue, McCloughan(who was a drunk), and Baalke as GMs. Baalke would never spend money, something fans still say we don't yet we do. McCloughan is responsible for taking Balmer in 2008, and Donahue refused to extend Owens.

I'm so sick of the hate for Lynch and Shanahan, no one is ever happy or satisfied, if you're not, GTFOH, and become a Pats or Steelers fan, who by the way never spend in free agency.

God it sickens me how many fans hate this regime, they probably miss Donahue, McCloughan(who was a drunk), and Baalke as GMs. Baalke would never spend money, something fans still say we don't yet we do. McCloughan is responsible for taking Balmer in 2008, and Donahue refused to extend Owens.

I'm so sick of the hate for Lynch and Shanahan, no one is ever happy or satisfied, if you're not, GTFOH, and become a Pats or Steelers fan, who by the way never spend in free agency.

If we start winning which I really think we will this year I think people will properly shut the f**k up. While I hated the punter and Hurd pick I do trust this FO.

Yeah winning 10 games in 2 years is awesome. We should build lynch and shanny statues outside of levis. Also McCloughan was better gm than lynch. Not even close, go look at the players he drafted. Willis, staley, bowman, gore.

Being completely objective. I just want a healthy season.

I'll take a healthy 8-8.

That being said. I fear we lack safety talent. And interior o-line. Aside that they have certainly upgraded the talent across the team and we have the talent to compete for a playoff spot. Our defensive line is now imo downright frightening. With superior depth to match. I am super stoked to see these guys play....

This assumes everyone stays healthy and the teams gels under good coaching, especially on defense. That's a s**t ton of variables lol so i will take 8-8.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

Yeah winning 10 games in 2 years is awesome. We should build lynch and shanny statues outside of levis. Also McCloughan was better gm than lynch. Not even close, go look at the players he drafted. Willis, staley, bowman, gore.
Well its better than Two 2-14 seasons. and McDrunk left the booze scent that Aldon followed to his football grave.
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Bucky Brooks just showed tremendous love towards the 49ers with what they did in the draft. He showed the defense some love, but he was most hyped about the offense. Talked about Kyle Shanahan adding Deebo Samuel and Jalen Hurd. Called Samuel a young explosive Pierre Garcon and Hurd the ultimate Swiss Army Knife. Talked about how Jimmy Garoppolo now has weapons around him. Brooks said that the 49ers will be a playoff team this season. His prediction rocked the set of crew mates.

I saw that too. It was funny to hear the reaction of Brooks' cohosts who were taken aback at first, thought about it for a second and then agreed half heartedly.
I've also read some very positive articles from national publications about the team.
Originally posted by English:

TDon and Erickson. Didnt get any worse than that.

WTH are you talking about, we ALL lived through the Tomsula era I'm just glad my first 20 years were the Walsh/Seifert eras, Montana and Young didn't hurt none either

OMG those were bad years
Share 49erswebzone