Don't look now but the media hype is back

Originally posted by susweel:
It'll go away after the 1-6 start.

When the season hits reality will hit the fan base and media pretty hard.

Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Only bothers me when the bandwagon fans start climbing aboard
If you didn't stick through the Jim Tomsula and Chip Kelly seasons, I don't even consider you a real fan. That's a real test of fandom.

If we drop a 50 burger on Tampa in our opener, I'll start believing the hype. That needs to be a revenge game. That s**t was embarrassing last season.

Idk, bro. I was so demoralized after they blew up the Harbaugh era team, I couldn't even say the word football for a year. Going from Harbaugh to Tomsula was like having a death in the family...
  • Jiks
Stay f**king healthy
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Agreed if you weren't sitting in here thinking we had a match made in heaven with Kelly and Kap then you can GTFO

Originally posted by synigod:
How about if you lived through the Dennis Erickson era. yeah......... No bandwagon here.
Not only did I not watch the Niners, I wasn't interested in football. My heart was too weak. I grew up in the 80's. All I knew was good 49er football.
DGAF.

Win games.
Sometimes I wish I was bandwagon 49ers fan.

It would make things easier
Originally posted by English:
How about if you lived through the Dennis Erickson era. yeah......... No bandwagon here.

TDon and Erickson. Didnt get any worse than that.

Fuk no. Go back a little further, the Joe Thomas era. This team was so 'rock bottom' that Thomas went through the headquarters and had the employees throw out every bit of memorabilia from the time before he was hired. That was the lowest time in my fanhood.
I don't know about you guys but ever since the Garrison Hearst ankle injury, I have always thought something bad is going to happen to ruin our season. And almost every year, it has.
Originally posted by susweel:
It'll go away after the 1-6 start.

That's ok, we will still have you here for the positive outlook!

Don't much give a s**t about media hype. It's nice to be recognized, but it does not matter much and we still have a lot to prove. I think we can prove a lot.

If our health does not fail us again this season the 49ers will be a playoff team and from there (with KS, JG, and co.) the sky is the limit.
I hope we play up to what i think the team is capable of. As for the media, it happens often. They have to pick a team that sucked to be good every year. It sells clicks and we know that drives their business model.

I lived through the Erickson, Nolan, Singletary, Harbaugh, Tomsula, and Kelly era, plus Mooch era(that was a good era despite no title), became a fan in 94 when I was 10.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I don't know about you guys but ever since the Garrison Hearst ankle injury, I have always thought something bad is going to happen to ruin our season. And almost every year, it has.

You are Correct. Even in the Harbaugh years, heartbreak in the postseason 3 straight times. ugh.
  • dj43
Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by English:

TDon and Erickson. Didnt get any worse than that.

Fuk no. Go back a little further, the Joe Thomas era. This team was so 'rock bottom' that Thomas went through the headquarters and had the employees throw out every bit of memorabilia from the time before he was hired. That was the lowest time in my fanhood.

Thomas was crazy. How he snookered Eddie into hiring him is a

The drop off from the Monte Clark years to the Ken Meyer/Pete McCulley days rivals the Harbaugh/Tomsula fiasco.

The good news was that Bill Clark was only two years away.
Share 49erswebzone