There are 79 users in the forums

Don't look now but the media hype is back

A lot to be excited about, I'd settle for competitive.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
If you didn't stick through the Jim Tomsula and Chip Kelly seasons, I don't even consider you a real fan. That's a real test of fandom.

If we drop a 50 burger on Tampa in our opener, I'll start believing the hype. That needs to be a revenge game. That s**t was embarrassing last season.

Chip was trash, but Tomsula deserved but was not given enough time to build his team.
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by synigod:
How about if you lived through the Dennis Erickson era. yeah......... No bandwagon here.

TDon and Erickson. Didnt get any worse than that.

monte getting fired by joe thomas and the few years that followed were the worst. as bad as our fan attendance is now. back then fans would wear bags on their heads and of course we had players like holly wood henderson doing blow on the sideline during games.

Joe Thomas traded a 1st, 2 2nds, a 3rd and a 4th for a washed up OJ. Walsh was without a #1 pick in his first year, and a 2 and 4 his second because of that trade. I try to forget that time of my life as a Niner fan. It was horrid.

Jesús, can you imagine if Walsh has all of those picks back and what he could have done?
Originally posted by susweel:
It'll go away after the 1-6 start.

Too bad other things won't go away too
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by synigod:
How about if you lived through the Dennis Erickson era. yeah......... No bandwagon here.

TDon and Erickson. Didnt get any worse than that.

monte getting fired by joe thomas and the few years that followed were the worst. as bad as our fan attendance is now. back then fans would wear bags on their heads and of course we had players like holly wood henderson doing blow on the sideline during games.

Joe Thomas traded a 1st, 2 2nds, a 3rd and a 4th for a washed up OJ. Walsh was without a #1 pick in his first year, and a 2 and 4 his second because of that trade. I try to forget that time of my life as a Niner fan. It was horrid.

Jesús, can you imagine if Walsh has all of those picks back and what he could have done?

It made what followed just that much sweeter. After being humiliated and taunted by Raiders fans for most of the 70's we got our revenge and then some. I still think that 15 year run will remain one of the greatest in NFL history since duplicating it will be really hard with free agency and salary caps.
Share 49erswebzone