There are 106 users in the forums

Don't look now but the media hype is back

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Colin Cowherd has the 49ers as the 9th best team in the NFL right NOW.

A lot of people in the media seem to be high on Deebo Samuel (can't find it, but someone threw out an AB comparison)

Cris Carter when they were discussing the potential of the 49ers DL nearly cussed on live TV.
media hype is usually bad. I wish they just trash talked us all season and predicted us to go 6-10.

It worked in 2011.
Only bothers me when the bandwagon fans start climbing aboard
Honestly, the hype was last year. But usually when there's hype, a team is one year away. Jimmy G's injury stunted the optimism, but it may have actually spring-boarded us into a better position for long-term success. We would never have gotten Bosa without it.
Need to prove it.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
If you didn't stick through the Jim Tomsula and Chip Kelly seasons, I don't even consider you a real fan. That's a real test of fandom.

If we drop a 50 burger on Tampa in our opener, I'll start believing the hype. That needs to be a revenge game. That s**t was embarrassing last season.
[ Edited by BleedsRedNGold on Apr 30, 2019 at 10:36 AM ]
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
If you didn't stick through the Jim Tomsula and Chip Kelly seasons, I don't even consider you a real fan. That's a real test of fandom.

If we drop a 50 burger on Tampa in our opener, I'll start believing the hype. That needs to be a revenge game. That s**t was embarrassing last season.

Agreed if you weren't sitting in here thinking we had a match made in heaven with Kelly and Kap then you can GTFO
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

Agreed if you weren't sitting in here thinking we had a match made in heaven with Kelly and Kap then you can GTFO

... ... ...

Count me one of those...
How about if you lived through the Dennis Erickson era. yeah......... No bandwagon here.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
media hype is usually bad. I wish they just trash talked us all season and predicted us to go 6-10.

It worked in 2011.

Nah, if that were the case this forum would be unbearable. You'd have nothing but haters in here citing every article and every expert trashing us. It's happened before.
It's funny. Experts say they love our draft picks, haters like, "I don't care what those people say, they're not running teams". Same guys trash on us, "see, all the experts out there can see these problems, why can't the homer fans?"

• Antix
  • Veteran
Nothing matters except Sundays. They can lick our balls all they want but it's not gonna mean a thing if everybody goes on IR again.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
3 dudes?
It'll go away after the 1-6 start.
Originally posted by synigod:
How about if you lived through the Dennis Erickson era. yeah......... No bandwagon here.

First game I ever went to was during the Erickson era. I grew up in Oregon and so I never got to go to a game. I went to college in Seattle and my best friend bought us tickets to go see the 49ers play against the Seahawks. That fateful day. September 26th, 2004.

If that date sounds familiar, it should. It was a day that will live in 49ers infamy. The day that signaled the end of the glorious era ushered in by the hands of Bill Walsh and handed off, like a baton, to 2 other succeeding coaches. Now dropped by the unqualified hands of a man poised to tear down a dynasty.

For 27 years, through 420 straight games, the 49ers had put points on the board in every game they played. Sometimes it was a mere 3 points, but they scored nonetheless. Through 4 coaches, hundreds of players, QB injuries, changed rules and in any weather they had found a way to score. There was always at least a brief moment in time, even during the most humiliating losses, where fans had a brief relief where they could cheer, feel what it is about the game we love, success at even it's smallest level.

But not on that day. On that day the streak ended. Fittingly, it was at the hands of one of the franchises best offensive minds - Mike Holmgren. That day the Seahawks beat the 49ers 34-0. There I was. Dressed head to toe in my 49ers gear, even so far as having a personalized Jersey, hat, shoes with 49ers stickers that I had put on them, underneath the jersey I was even wearing a 49ers sweatshirt as the temperature that day was a mere 53 degrees at kickoff. From high on my perch on the 3rd level I watched the last glimmer of gold that was left in a once proud franchise fade into darkness.

But, through it all. Through all the pains, trials and tribulations I have persevered, as many of you have, to root on and believe in our team that we can once again climb the mountain and sit atop the throne of the national football league and hoist the lombardi trophy once again.
Originally posted by synigod:

TDon and Erickson. Didnt get any worse than that.
Share 49erswebzone