There are 81 users in the forums

Don't look now but the media hype is back

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by BlackGoat49:

God it sickens me how many fans hate this regime, they probably miss Donahue, McCloughan(who was a drunk), and Baalke as GMs. Baalke would never spend money, something fans still say we don't yet we do. McCloughan is responsible for taking Balmer in 2008, and Donahue refused to extend Owens.

I'm so sick of the hate for Lynch and Shanahan, no one is ever happy or satisfied, if you're not, GTFOH, and become a Pats or Steelers fan, who by the way never spend in free agency.

Yeah winning 10 games in 2 years is awesome. We should build lynch and shanny statues outside of levis. Also McCloughan was better gm than lynch. Not even close, go look at the players he drafted. Willis, staley, bowman, gore.

Scott did not win a lot of games either throughout his time here. It was Baalke who really demolished the level of talent this team had and Lynch did not have a lot to choose from in his first draft. We need to see the next few years before saying we should ax Lynch IMO.

McCloughlan was one of the best at acquiring talent I do agree with that. But I also think KS is the best coach we have had since Siefert so I would not be shocked if KS/JL can get us to where McCloughlan couldn't, the playoffs.
[ Edited by Waterbear on Apr 30, 2019 at 5:41 PM ]
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Only bothers me when the bandwagon fans start climbing aboard
If you didn't stick through the Jim Tomsula and Chip Kelly seasons, I don't even consider you a real fan. That's a real test of fandom.

If we drop a 50 burger on Tampa in our opener, I'll start believing the hype. That needs to be a revenge game. That s**t was embarrassing last season.

After Dennis Erickson, Chip and Tomsula were bearable lol
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
F*** All This Crap #FakeAssNews #FakeAssMedia #FakeAssNFL #FakeAssGoodell #FakeAssCheating
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by BlackGoat49:

God it sickens me how many fans hate this regime, they probably miss Donahue, McCloughan(who was a drunk), and Baalke as GMs. Baalke would never spend money, something fans still say we don't yet we do. McCloughan is responsible for taking Balmer in 2008, and Donahue refused to extend Owens.

I'm so sick of the hate for Lynch and Shanahan, no one is ever happy or satisfied, if you're not, GTFOH, and become a Pats or Steelers fan, who by the way never spend in free agency.

Yeah winning 10 games in 2 years is awesome. We should build lynch and shanny statues outside of levis. Also McCloughan was better gm than lynch. Not even close, go look at the players he drafted. Willis, staley, bowman, gore.

Wait . . . you're comparing McCloughan, with over 20 years of scouting/GM to Lynch who has less than 3 years as GM. Maybe give it some time before a comparison. That would be like comparing someone with over 104K posts to someone with lesss than 600 posts!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by synigod:
How about if you lived through the Dennis Erickson era. yeah......... No bandwagon here.

TDon and Erickson. Didnt get any worse than that.

monte getting fired by joe thomas and the few years that followed were the worst. as bad as our fan attendance is now. back then fans would wear bags on their heads and of course we had players like holly wood henderson doing blow on the sideline during games.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
if we ever get good again. the refs thread will come out of the mothballs

Thank you. I completely agree.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

Thank you. I completely agree.

• FL9er
  • Veteran
So one day after buying into the 49ers as a sleeper this year, he's says Garoppolo is being set up to fail.

Edit: This is about Matt Miller's report
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:
So one day after buying into the 49ers as a sleeper this year, he's says Garoppolo is being set up to fail.

Edit: This is about Matt Miller's report

if he fails. i would blame the o line more than jimmy. of course i have yet to see him when the bullets start to fly for real yet

49ers get third-best odds to win NFC West
By Kyle Madson | 1 hour ago
Share on Facebook Tweet Share on Whatsapp Share by Email

An NFC West title feels like an unachievable pipe dream for a 49ers club that's won just 10 games over the last two seasons. Their odds to do so on the sports betting site BetOnline.ag indicate that it's not such a crazy notion.

San Francisco faces stiff competition for the division crown, and they might be in the toughest division in football. They're still getting decent odds despite those barriers. Here's what Bet Online's division odds look like for the NFC West:

Los Angeles Rams: -175

Seattle Seahawks: +275

San Francisco 49ers: +500

Arizona Cardinals: +2500

The Rams are by far the favorites, and Seattle is just under 3-to-1. Minus numbers mean better odds, while the higher plus numbers are longer odds. It's important to note these numbers aren't necessarily predictions, but instead they're meant to get about equal action for each team.

A 5-to-1 mark feels about right for the 49ers. They would need a lot of things to go their way to snag that top spot, but they're still in a much better position than the Cardinals to win it.

Perhaps the biggest issue for the 49ers isn't what they can do, it's what the teams in front of them are capable of. There's a real possibility where the 49ers don't win the division, but make the playoffs along with two other teams from their division. A 10-win campaign would be wildly successful, but still may not enough to finish first or even second in the West.

The fact remains for San Francisco that they have a steep hill to climb to get back to the top of their division. That turnaround happening in one offseason isn't likely, but it can't be completely ruled out. Right now their odds aren't great, but they're not nearly as long as they could be for a four-win team in a division with last year's Super Bowl runner up.

Even if they don't reach that pinnacle in 2019, things are certainly trending in the right direction for the 49ers.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Only bothers me when the bandwagon fans start climbing aboard

I've been a 9er fan since I was old enough to understand the game I was watching on tv so I get that. Honestly bandwagon fans don't normally bug me besides the Seahawks. I used to live in Portland and it was shocking how many people suddenly became Seahawk fans when they started winning. I would take great fun in asking them to prove it by simply naming ANY Seattle QB besides Wilson. The failure rate was in the high 80%, it was embarrassing.
I really don't want the media to hype us up to be honest. Having been through two 2-14 seasons in a part of the world where that leaves me staying up until 3 or 4am to watch us lose i belong to the camp where i just want us to quietly go about our business and enjoy the ride.

I got 2 close friends into the sport and they went away and picked their teams, this is where i let us all down, one came back as a Falcons fans, the other picked the bloody s**teHawks. I tried to convince them to join the Niners family but they told me how poor we were, which is fair enough, but the point is, with a few winless seasons those 2 will stop following religiously and with the game growing so much over here i can't stomach the thought of a bunch of fairweather, only when we win type of Niners fan suddenly becoming the norm.

Selfish of me, i know.
How about if you lived through the Dennis Erickson era. yeah......... No bandwagon here.

I was just thinking about J f**king T O'Sullivan and the mike martz era
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by English:

TDon and Erickson. Didnt get any worse than that.

monte getting fired by joe thomas and the few years that followed were the worst. as bad as our fan attendance is now. back then fans would wear bags on their heads and of course we had players like holly wood henderson doing blow on the sideline during games.

Joe Thomas traded a 1st, 2 2nds, a 3rd and a 4th for a washed up OJ. Walsh was without a #1 pick in his first year, and a 2 and 4 his second because of that trade. I try to forget that time of my life as a Niner fan. It was horrid.
Share 49erswebzone