LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 158 users in the forums

Mayweather vs Ortiz September 17th

mayweather vs Judah

Judah hits PBF in the nuts repeatidly and sh*t hits the fan.

i member that s**t. i hate judah, dirty motherf**ker. That was the s**t when Tzu knocked his ass silly.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
IMO, it's a b***h move on Floyd and a stupid move on Ortiz. Floyd was pissed (then again, who wouldn't be?) and he took advantage of the moment and sucker punched Ortiz. That is my opinion. Quick hug then BAM! Ortiz wasn't distracted by the ref, but after that hook, he stared at the ref wondering WTF he was gonna do about a strike that was landed while the ref wasn't even ready or looking. You said it yourself that the ref was checking with the time judge to see how many seconds were left. Floyd, who was clearly winning the fight, let his emotions get the best of him. When Cortez was deducting the point, Floyd wanted to get back in there already. He could have dominated Ortiz without having to throw those punches. At least give the fans their moneys worth. Instead, we get a blatant headbutt, a hug hug kiss kiss moment, and a sucker punch.

No, the ref looked at the time keeper and said "did the bell ring" AFTER he said "okay let's go" and gestured to start fighting with his hands. The clock had already started.

Ortiz could have danced around for 15 seconds and then asked Floyd for another hug & kiss if it was that serious to say sorry for the third time. Floyd was clearly in a fighting stance the entire time. The ref doesn't need to look at fighters once he calls time in, he needs to make sure the time keeper is all set as well. If Ortiz is looking for the ref to protect him he is in trouble anyway!
Originally posted by SportsFan:
We aren't saying what Floyd did was wrong it was just a b***h move. You can clearly tell Ortiz isn't ready for action to resume. Floyd can clearly see that yet he takes him out anyways. Well within his right to do so. Ortiz should have been paying attention. But as everyone points out, just cause you can take advantage of a momentary lack of concentration doesn't mean you have to do it. Whether Floyd likes it or not, people paid good money for him to make 30+ million for this fight. He owes it to them to not take that opportunity. Ya, he was mad. Ortiz took a cheap shot at him. Big deal. That shoulder roll Floyd always uses it borderline cheap as well. When they get in close he is constantly throwing that thing into peoples faces.

Who is we?

A B$#@h move is head butting a guy that is kicking your @$$, if Floyd was cut bad then we the fans would have been watching a "no decision". I liked the KO, it showed a cheater that "what goes around comes around". Also if the shoe was on the other foot many of you would be saying Floyd should have been protecting himself. Floyd was clearly beating the crap out of him so what's all the fuss about? After the 4th the head butting could have led to them going to the score cards which Floyd would have won easily. So I don't want to hear about what you think the FANS want to see. We came to see a KO which Floyd & Ortiz said would happen, and FM knocked his dumb @$$ out!
Originally posted by glorydayz:
IMO, it's a b***h move on Floyd and a stupid move on Ortiz. Floyd was pissed (then again, who wouldn't be?) and he took advantage of the moment and sucker punched Ortiz. That is my opinion. Quick hug then BAM! Ortiz wasn't distracted by the ref, but after that hook, he stared at the ref wondering WTF he was gonna do about a strike that was landed while the ref wasn't even ready or looking. You said it yourself that the ref was checking with the time judge to see how many seconds were left. Floyd, who was clearly winning the fight, let his emotions get the best of him. When Cortez was deducting the point, Floyd wanted to get back in there already. He could have dominated Ortiz without having to throw those punches. At least give the fans their moneys worth. Instead, we get a blatant headbutt, a hug hug kiss kiss moment, and a sucker punch.

No, the ref looked at the time keeper and said "did the bell ring" AFTER he said "okay let's go" and gestured to start fighting with his hands. The clock had already started.

Ortiz could have danced around for 15 seconds and then asked Floyd for another hug & kiss if it was that serious to say sorry for the third time. Floyd was clearly in a fighting stance the entire time. The ref doesn't need to look at fighters once he calls time in, he needs to make sure the time keeper is all set as well. If Ortiz is looking for the ref to protect him he is in trouble anyway!

I don't know what you're seeing, but in no way was Cortez paying attention to the fighters let alone gesturing for the fight to go on. He didn't even see the combo Floyd landed. What he saw was Ortiz falling down. Even Cortez was shocked to see it and didn't start counting him for another 3-4 seconds.
I don't know what you're seeing, but in no way was Cortez paying attention to the fighters let alone gesturing for the fight to go on. He didn't even see the combo Floyd landed. What he saw was Ortiz falling down. Even Cortez was shocked to see it and didn't start counting him for another 3-4 seconds.

You must not have watched the fight, I not only watched it I have it saved on my DVR. Let me take you through the play by play; the clip above starts after Cortez told the judges to take a point. He (Cortez) then walked Ortiz to a corner and told him not to do that. Then Cortez walked them to the center of the ring and said "let's go" and after that Cortez looked at the time keeper and said "did the bell ring" and boom fireworks! Ortiz hit the ground and as they do on any knock down the referee outside the ring started counting. Cortez looked outside the ring to pick up the count which was at 4 and counted Ortiz out the rest of the way.

Now, just so you know there is always a ref outside the ring that starts the count as the ref inside the ring has priority number 1 which is to stop the other fighter from punching and placing him into a nuetral corner. The Ref inside the ring will pick up the count once the other fighter is situated in a neutral corner and take over from there.

I love it how you guys try to make $31t up when the fight is right there on video for all to see.
Who is we?

A B$#@h move is head butting a guy that is kicking your @$$, if Floyd was cut bad then we the fans would have been watching a "no decision". I liked the KO, it showed a cheater that "what goes around comes around". Also if the shoe was on the other foot many of you would be saying Floyd should have been protecting himself. Floyd was clearly beating the crap out of him so what's all the fuss about? After the 4th the head butting could have led to them going to the score cards which Floyd would have won easily. So I don't want to hear about what you think the FANS want to see. We came to see a KO which Floyd & Ortiz said would happen, and FM knocked his dumb @$$ out!

I'm part of the "we" because I'm still a boxing fan. I wanted to get my money's worth. I didn't want to see an illegal headbutt, hugs and kisses, then a sucker punch. Do I like Floyd? No. I think he's a terrible person. But as a boxer, the guy is one of the best I've seen. So I give credit where it is due. A lot of you are saying that you enjoyed seeing the KO over a "sparring match". You guys all say that like you know what would have happened. I figured that a young, hungry fighter like Ortiz would've put more pressure on Floyd causing him to strike more instead of dancing around.

What the fans want to see is a fight that's worth our hard earned cash. What we don't want to see is a fight end in controversy.
double post**
[ Edited by SF69ers on Sep 22, 2011 at 10:20 AM ]
double post**
[ Edited by SF69ers on Sep 22, 2011 at 10:20 AM ]

You must not have watched the fight, I not only watched it I have it saved on my DVR. Let me take you through the play by play; the clip above starts after Cortez told the judges to take a point. He (Cortez) then walked Ortiz to a corner and told him not to do that. Then Cortez walked them to the center of the ring and said "let's go" and after that Cortez looked at the time keeper and said "did the bell ring" and boom fireworks! Ortiz hit the ground and as they do on any knock down the referee outside the ring started counting. Cortez looked outside the ring to pick up the count which was at 4 and counted Ortiz out the rest of the way.

Now, just so you know there is always a ref outside the ring that starts the count as the ref inside the ring has priority number 1 which is to stop the other fighter from punching and placing him into a nuetral corner. The Ref inside the ring will pick up the count once the other fighter is situated in a neutral corner and take over from there.

I love it how you guys try to make $31t up when the fight is right there on video for all to see.

Yes I watched the fight. I wouldn't be so upset if I didn't watch the fight. I'm glad that you DVR'd the fight. Good for you. And thanks for explaining descriptively how Cortez did this and did that. Not that the camera was really focusing on him. I didn't know you could hear him say "let's go". I also didn't know you could see what the ref outside the ring was saying, mainly cuz the camera didn't focus on it.

All WE saw, "we" as in the people watching on TV, was the KO (cheap one at that) and Floyd running to the other corner being happy with what just happened. Yes, you're a Mayweather fan, and debating with you will go nowhere because you'll say everything to defend the man. I'm a boxing fan, and what we saw last week was a disgrace from both fighters. Most columnists agree. Most fans agree (as you heard from the crowd at the MGM). Mayweather stated after the fight that Ortiz "was going to get knocked out anyways." He should've just went with that and we would have at least watched a legitimate end to the bout.

I still think Ortiz is a dumbass. I still think this win isn't something Mayweather should be proud of. Let's move on to another period of a possible PBF/PacMan bout only to have it blown away as usual because Mayweather doesn't want to risk getting beaten. Pac's camp already agreed to unlimited blood tests, so it's all in PBF's court now. Just sayin...
[ Edited by SF69ers on Sep 22, 2011 at 10:40 AM ]

so what's next for PBF or do we have to wait another year?

Originally posted by TonyStarks:

after the Pacman fight, talks of the two getting in the ring together will heat up. Money talks, I think it'll happen.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

after the Pacman fight, talks of the two getting in the ring together will heat up. Money talks, I think it'll happen.

I hope so. Mayweather said that he didn't need Pacquiao to make money during the post fight conference. This is all after Pac's camp agreed to all unlimited testing a few months back I believe.
if they fight it's going to be after pac's term ends and if mayweather determines pac's in not as good shape as he used to be.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
i like it though.. ortiz better than the last 3 cats pacman fought

i'm a little worried if pac and may ever fight... manny could barely catch a slower mosley.. how is he gonna catch mayweather

I'm not too worried. Pac didn't even train that hard for Mosley and they were too buddy-buddy during the fight. Pac will be motivated for Floyd cuz of all the s**t he talked.

Fight will never happen because Pedman is a cheater. With out his performance enhancing drugs, he wont beat PBF. Ask yourself, I was he going toe to t boe with superlight wieghts like Manuel (I think) and he couldn't even knock him out. 5 years later he's going toe to toe with guys 50 pounds heavier and crazy jaws, but he almost or does knock them out (Mosely, Marg, Ricky). Give me a break. You are bias because he is Pinoy.

lol whoTF is Manuel.... u dunno what ur talking about. If you mean JMM, Pac didn't KO him, but he did knock him down 4 times. Your opinion holds no weight...

Yes Juan Manuel Marquez. And knocking down is not knocking out. Manny, almost knocked out Mosely. The guy is known for have a steel jaw, but his clock was cleaned with one punch. Mosely said he's never been hit that hard. Moreover, when Mosely hit Pac with power punches he didn't even budge. I understand that fighters move up and down wieght class, but never do you see the guys moving up physically dominate the naturally larger man. Pac kept his speed, but significantly increased his strenght. Look what he did to Margarito! Margarito recieved similar punishment in in the beginning rounds of the Cotto fight, but ate it like a champ. Cotto was known for power.

By the way, for you guys that think Pac is a great boxer, you dont know what you are talking about. Ward is a great boxer, PBF is a great boxer, Manny is a great brawler. His defense is s**t for an elite boxer, the only reason why he doesn't get hit more is because of his offense.

P.S. As far as wieght gain; Manny is in his early 30s. Physically you hit your prime around 25ish. I haven't looked at the number yet, but my question would be when did he start gaining all his wieght? People like to say that Floyd and Manny wieghted the same at 16, but that is irrelavant as neither are close to full maturity at that age. If Manny jump in wieght from 16 to 25 ok, but if he made significant wieght gain after that (not from sitting on the coach like most of us) that could be a sign.

I'll give you Pedman defenders this; If he really is clean, which I doubt, he is the best P4P boxer I have ever seen.
Share 49ersWebzone