LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 244 users in the forums

Mayweather vs Ortiz September 17th

maybe pac is, maybe he isn't....... maybe floyd is roiding too? he's got the money to afford the next generation of drugs that pass tests.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
LOL at your "evidence" showing that Pacman takes roids. It doesn't even sound like you've followed his fights back since 2002. Fighters move up and down in weight all the time. MMA fighters do it as well. Anderson Silva, arguably the best P4P MMA fighter has fought at 165, 170, 185, 205, and he walks around at 230. They've all passed the test, and Pacman has done all the tests that each fight has needed.

And how exactly does being 50 pounds heavier make your jaws stronger?! If anything, it just makes it bigger and easier to hit.

HaiGuise is right, your opinion holds no weight

The above post is for you too. Going down in wieght is not the same as going up.

The fact that Manny didn't fight over random olympic style drug tests is a big red flag. If anything, Manny should take it as a compliment Floyd thinks that highly of him. What is wrong with wanting to make sure that the biggest fight of the century is totally on the up and up? Fighters cheat all the time and get away with it. Look at how long Mosely was cheating before he got caught. You dont think someone the stature of Manny has the latest and greatest PEDs at his disposal? The science is always changing, it's like cat and mouse. That is why random blood (no urine) tests is the only way to go.

And no, Manny never agreed to take the Olympic style testing. That was an rumor that didn't pan out. Google it.
Pac has passed all the tests that has been required for each fight. Haters will always hate.

Also, I wouldn't necessarily call him just a brawler. The guy is unorthodox. He's not like Floyd or Ward. They're more the technician-style boxers. Pac, with the head movement and his feet, the weird angles he takes with his punches, is just unorthodox. Almost like a Tyson-like brawler.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
maybe pac is, maybe he isn't....... maybe floyd is roiding too? he's got the money to afford the next generation of drugs that pass tests.

I dont think there is any reason to be suspicious of Floyd. His fighting style is based on incredible boxing defense and skill. However, even if he was, he clearly wouldn't be for the fight with Manny. Besides, Floyd has been the poster boy for wanting to clean up the sport of boxing from the use of PEDs. Obviously, anything is possible.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
LOL at your "evidence" showing that Pacman takes roids. It doesn't even sound like you've followed his fights back since 2002. Fighters move up and down in weight all the time. MMA fighters do it as well. Anderson Silva, arguably the best P4P MMA fighter has fought at 165, 170, 185, 205, and he walks around at 230. They've all passed the test, and Pacman has done all the tests that each fight has needed.

And how exactly does being 50 pounds heavier make your jaws stronger?! If anything, it just makes it bigger and easier to hit.

HaiGuise is right, your opinion holds no weight

The above post is for you too. Going down in wieght is not the same as going up.

The fact that Manny didn't fight over random olympic style drug tests is a big red flag. If anything, Manny should take it as a compliment Floyd thinks that highly of him. What is wrong with wanting to make sure that the biggest fight of the century is totally on the up and up? Fighters cheat all the time and get away with it. Look at how long Mosely was cheating before he got caught. You dont think someone the stature of Manny has the latest and greatest PEDs at his disposal? The science is always changing, it's like cat and mouse. That is why random blood (no urine) tests is the only way to go.

And no, Manny never agreed to take the Olympic style testing. That was an rumor that didn't pan out. Google it.

Good points on Mosley and fighters always cheating. I agree. Manny denied to do the Olympic style drug testing, after agreeing to Mayweather's original demand of random drug tests up to two weeks prior to the fight. I think it was more just Manny and his camp being pissed off at Mayweather for continuing to change demands and then accusing him of taking PEDs.

Btw, this was posted by Tim Dahlberg, a columnist for AP Boxing. It was posted on Sept. 18 on Yahoo:

There's still an outside chance Mayweather and Pacquiao will fight next May, assuming Pacquiao beats Juan Manuel Marquez in November. Pacquiao's camp has already said he will agree to Mayweather's demand for unlimited drug testing, though Mayweather still doesn't seem terribly interested in fighting Pacquiao.

“All Pacquiao is doing is fighting my leftovers. That boy doesn't want to fight,” Mayweather said. “Doesn't matter. Whoever you put in front of me, they can't beat me. They can't beat me.”

Mayweather wants to try and clown Pac all the fckin time, yet whenever Pac's camp agrees to his demands, PBF tosses more obstacles in the way.

PBF doesn't want the fight. He doesn't give a s**t what us fans want. All he wants is to end his career undefeated.
[ Edited by SF69ers on Sep 22, 2011 at 11:45 AM ]
Pac has passed all the tests that has been required for each fight. Haters will always hate.

Also, I wouldn't necessarily call him just a brawler. The guy is unorthodox. He's not like Floyd or Ward. They're more the technician-style boxers. Pac, with the head movement and his feet, the weird angles he takes with his punches, is just unorthodox. Almost like a Tyson-like brawler.

Way to use Manny's talking points. GIve me a break, if those tests worked Floyd wouldn't ask for Olympic style testing. In fact, why do you think that there is a diffrent standard for the Olympics? Because everybody knows that if you have the resources you can cheat the tests. The test are only for show or lower level boxers with out millions of dollars to spend.

P.S. sorry, didn't mean to sound so aggressive in my response. I got carried away.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 22, 2011 at 11:48 AM ]

Way to use Manny's talking points. GIve me a break, if those tests worked Floyd wouldn't ask for Olympic style testing. In fact, why do you think that there is a diffrent standard for the Olympics? Because everybody knows that if you have the resources you can cheat the tests. The test are only for show or lower level boxers with out millions of dollars to spend.

P.S. sorry, didn't mean to sound so aggressive in my response. I got carried away.

No worries, bro. Talking PBF/Pac is like politics to us sports fans LOL

Honest question....prior to Mosley, who else did Floyd ask to take Olympic style drug testing? I honestly don't know and I'm trying to wonder because he only started demanding it once Pac was surfacing as his toughest opponent.

Honest question....prior to Mosley, who else did Floyd ask to take Olympic style drug testing? I honestly don't know and I'm trying to wonder because he only started demanding it once Pac was surfacing as his toughest opponent.

He didn't request it of anyone. He just requested it of Pac because he was making allegations. Also, Floyd used it as a tactic to get the upper hand. He was demanding Pac do what he wants. Pac said f**k you, no one tells me what to do.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

He didn't request it of anyone. He just requested it of Pac because he was making allegations. Also, Floyd used it as a tactic to get the upper hand. He was demanding Pac do what he wants. Pac said f**k you, no one tells me what to do.

my $.02 is Floyd saw the comments pac made after his last loss, where manny said he felt week because of similar blood testing. Floyds doing to play mind games.

Yea that's what I thought. I don't remember any PED talks surrounding Pac until Floyd started throwing it around. Now that Pac has agreed to do all testing, I'd like to see what Mayweather's excuse is now.

like I said in the boxing thread.

I'm sure Floyd is roiding.

''retiring''

THREE A DAYS?!

His uncle talking about ''a -side meth'' and knowing the ins and outs of PED

Cheap shotting his way to a check without remorse and b*tch moves.

Almost guarantees he's on something with ways around the testing i.e. that p.p. hole suction trick

He did request that Shane Mosley take olympic style testing and Shane agreed.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Agree with 69. I don't care what has happened in the past. If Manny agrees to Olympic style drug testing all the way up to the fight, then Floyd has no reasons to not to do this fight. Simple as that.
Originally posted by lamontb:

He did request that Shane Mosley take olympic style testing and Shane agreed.

question was before mosley
Originally posted by Amir:
Agree with 69. I don't care what has happened in the past. If Manny agrees to Olympic style drug testing all the way up to the fight, then Floyd has no reasons to not to do this fight. Simple as that.

Yup. Honestly, I see Floyd finding another reason not to sign the fight.
Share 49ersWebzone