There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Le Tour 2010

Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Originally posted by redrose49er:
Up bright and early this morning, hoping to get a good barrier side view of today's final stage and a Cavendish win!

So how was it? Get a good view of Cav's 5th win of this Tour?

Superb, got there about 10ish, already getting busy. Got a spot right on the barrier at the Roosevelt/Champs junction, about 300 yards from the finish, couldn't get nearer, all ticketed seating. Stood many long hours, entertained by the publicity caravan, fantastic sight, the speed of the riders has to be seen to be believed, rounded off with yet another Cavendish sprinting masterclass.
Cool! I'll have to watch Le Tour live at least once in my lifetime.
What a surprise...

The brand name says it all.
[ Edited by SoCal9er on Oct 22, 2010 at 6:15 PM ]
According to reports the amount is 400 times lower than would normally constitute an offence, 400 times seems a seriously small amount but only time will tell, great shame if true.
According to reports the amount is 400 times lower than would normally constitute an offence, 400 times seems a seriously small amount but only time will tell, great shame if true.

Yeah I saw that too. I don't know enough about the substance to know if its common at all. I doubt he would have been suspended if it wasn't serious. Shame for the sport for sure. Never been a huge Contador fan, seems to disregard all cycling etiquite(sp?). Shame to see this happen to anyone but it must feel like karmic revenge for Shleck.
i just discovered this thread.
didn't know there were so many cycling fans in the zone
It's a small amount. Smaller than the normal offense amount as has been pointed out. And you can get this amount from food. I don't think there is anything to it. Contador is still the winner IMO.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's a small amount. Smaller than the normal offense amount as has been pointed out. And you can get this amount from food. I don't think there is anything to it. Contador is still the winner IMO.

dope or not, poor etiquette on his part when shleck dropped his chain. I just hate contador. team Saxo Bank FTW!
Originally posted by 76Razor:

dope or not, poor etiquette on his part when shleck dropped his chain. I just hate contador. team Saxo Bank FTW!

That was a shame. If not for that dropped chain Shleck may have one. He may win next year.
Originally posted by 76Razor:

That was a shame. If not for that dropped chain Shleck may have one. He may win next year.

schleck brothers leave saxo bank and start new team: LUXOMBURG!

also, with thor gone, cervello test team is no more. bummer. hope henrich haussler (sp?) finds a good team. gotta check news on that.
Hoping to take in a couple of stages next year, beginning of the 2nd week.
Hoping to take in a couple of stages next year, beginning of the 2nd week.

lucky b*****d.

he tour of cali route is out! gonna go through livermore! looks like i'll be sick that day.