LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Le Tour 2010

Contador showed he is a selfish ....... Probably the worst teammate in the sport. Shleck really needs to step up and put the Spaniard away.
Haven't been able to wake up early enough to see any stages until today but I heard Andy Shleck is in the lead? Who has looked good/bad so far? Is Andy still riding with his brother? Is that khazak team team stacked again this year?
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Haven't been able to wake up early enough to see any stages until today but I heard Andy Shleck is in the lead? Who has looked good/bad so far? Is Andy still riding with his brother? Is that khazak team team stacked again this year?

Frank Schleck broke his collar bone on the 3rd or 4th stage, ruled out. Astana (Khazak) still looking very strong with Vinokourov supporting Contador. Looks like Contador is favourite as there is a time trial yet to come, although Andy Shleck has a narrow lead.
Originally posted by redrose49er:

Frank Schleck broke his collar bone on the 3rd or 4th stage, ruled out. Astana (Khazak) still looking very strong with Vinokourov supporting Contador. Looks like Contador is favourite as there is a time trial yet to come, although Andy Shleck has a narrow lead.

Ah Astana, that's the name. I was able to see the stage today and Contador looked extremely fresh. Too bad to hear about Frank, that really puts a damper on Andy's chances imo. I was shocked to see Andy let Contador run away fron him today.
That's the second Tour in a row where Contador likely gave away a great chance for his team to grab a stage win. Although he was able to gain 10 seconds on Andy Schleck, you have to wonder if he pissed off teammate Vinokourov. Vino might not help Contador in the Pyrenees after getting chased down and passed late in today's stage.
  • Veteran
I am beginning to think L.A is one world class A.Hole for not helping levi, he sat all the way back and not once tried to help. I am big armstrong supporter, but this is a bit too much.
I'm not going to defend Lance's lack of team first attitude, but it's obvious to me that Levi doesn't have what it takes to win a podium spot. Levi lacks the ability to follow the explosive uphill accelerations of the pure climbers and has to be content riding within himself to limit his losses. Even if Lance was able and/or wanted to support Levi in the mountains, I don't think Levi could finish 3rd or higher.

Seeing that Contador and Schleck are on another level (although their tactics were very hard to understand today) while 3rd place currently appears to be a Menchov vs Sammy Sanchez battle, it's going to be very unlikely for Levi to unseat any of those 4 guys. I'd even throw in Van Den Broeck and Gesink as other hurdles for Levi.

What would be interesting is if Schleck focuses on marking Contador too much and lets Menchov and/or Sanchez to get within striking distance prior to the time trial. Schleck could lose enough time there to find himself off the podium altogether. That would be the ultimate fail on his part.
^^ do you think they are going for a team victory over Levi getting on the podium? I heard the other day on the bradcast that Radio Shack was in the top-3?
Wow... I can't believe Contador attacked. Compare that to Lance waiting for the German a few years back, I'm very new to cycling but that seemed like a class-less move.
Wow... I can't believe Contador attacked. Compare that to Lance waiting for the German a few years back, I'm very new to cycling but that seemed like a class-less move.

Agreed, I hope Schleck pulls out all the stops tomorrow, he needs his team to help him.

• Veteran

Agreed, I hope Schleck pulls out all the stops tomorrow, he needs his team to help him.

Contador is full of sh** when he said he didn't know what happened to Schleck. He shouldn't have attack the yellow jersey.
Originally posted by 190836:

Contador is full of sh** when he said he didn't know what happened to Schleck. He shouldn't have attack the yellow jersey.

Totally agree. I was kinda rooting for Schleck, but now I really hope he can somehow pull this off.

It will be very tough though, Contador is at the top of his game.
Schleck's going to have to ride all out - especially on Thursday to establish a lead before the time trial. Tuesday's long downhill to the finish won't give him much of a chance to gain some time.
I was already rooting for Shleck also but now I hope he crushes Contador. It's impressive to me that he's done this a) without Frank and b) with a worse squad than Contador's.

Imo if Contador wins he is still not a true champion. It will count in the record books but not in my heart. I heard he did his stupid pistol celebration on the podium, what a disgrace.
The wi-fi on the train won't allow video streaming, I hear Armstrong led a great break-away though? Thanks a lot wi-fi.
Share 49ersWebzone